Is clostridium contagious?

Breed: bulldog
Can my dog have gotten a c diff infection from being around another dog that had it?

Yes, clostridium can be contagious from dog to dog. It is spread via the stool, usually diarrhea.

Dripping blood. My 13 year old female, spayed,Doberman is in good health (with lots of benign... (32255 views)

Worms in vomit. My dog threw up a yellow substance and it had worm like creatures I it what should I... (11499 views)

deramaxx, Dasuquin and AdvantixIII Is it ok for Casey to be on deramaxx desaquin and k9advantix 2... (9188 views)

Blood in poop. Hi There, I found a few drops of blood last night in and near my puppies poo. Not... (56583 views)

Chin acne in cats. He's been on a cleansing agent and anti-biotic/steroid for 5 of 7 days for his acne... (8465 views)

Diabetic cat problems. I have a diabetic cat who gets 4ml ProZinc 2x per day with meals. Normally she is... (7594 views)

Large mammary lump. Hi Dr Marie My dog Jenna is 13. Lately i have been aware that she has developed a... (10367 views)

Blood at end of urine stream. My female dog has had blood in her urine for 2 months. I live in Belize, Central... (18487 views)

Cut on ear. Hi Dr. Marie, My dog was attacked by a collie two days ago. They were just... (37684 views)

Cause of death? Hi Dr. Marie, I\'m sorry that I can\'t afford to pay for an answer, but your... (6560 views)