Is clostridium contagious?

Breed: bulldog
Can my dog have gotten a c diff infection from being around another dog that had it?

Yes, clostridium can be contagious from dog to dog. It is spread via the stool, usually diarrhea.

Shih Tzu not eating. He stopped eating 6 days ago. Yesterday the vet said temperature, fecal, urine,... (30787 views)

Horrible euthanasia experience Why was my pets euthanasia a nightmare? I brought my cat Jack in for euthanasia... (9318 views)

Cat with megacolon. My 12-year old cat was diagnosed with megacolon about five years ago. When he looks... (6473 views)

15 year old dog with kidney failure. My dog Gyppie had a bloody stool, large. We took her to the vet. He ran blood work,... (7705 views)

Rapid weight loss. Hello Dr. Marie, First I have to sadly say that I can not afford a vet visit for... (5071 views)

Not eating, losing weight. My cat has lost a lot of weight in the past 3 weeks. She cries for food but then... (9066 views)

Cat losing fur on belly. Over the past month my eldest cat has lost a lot of her fur on her belly and back... (73360 views)

Pitbull is itchy. I have a 4 year old pitbull/lab mix that has been scratching and biting at herself.... (49115 views)

Frontline and Sentry? My husband put sentry flea and tick squeeze on our dog 2 days ago,and it didn;t work... (9497 views)

Grunting pitbull I have two pit bulls, one is Maverick (female) and the other is Diezel (male). I... (10947 views)