Bloated abdomen

Breed: pitbull
my dog has been severly bloated for five weeks, at first i thought he had just got into the others dogs food and ate to much, but after setting him on a diet, and worming him, and extra walks, there is still no change in the bloat, and now he is loosing weight everywhere but his belly, he doesnt seem to be in pain, is still playing and active, to best ablity, still has a large appetite even thought it seems there is no rooom to fit anything, it is starting to affect his breathing, and must be making him uncomfortable at times, please let me know what else this could be, besides worms, i do not have the money to take him into a vet, thankyou

Bloating to this extent is usually caused by fluid in the abdomen, or possibly a tumor. It is really not likely to be because of parasites.

If your boy is uncomfortable then we need to find a way to get him seen by a vet.

Hopefully one of these resources to get help paying for veterinary bills can help.

Splenic mastocytosis in a cat I was told for cats with splenic mastocytosis, the treatment of choice is... (11207 views)

Albendazole for puppy? Long story short my little over 3 month old puppy has Giardia. Sidenote: she goes... (8613 views)

Where can I buy Tramadol? Steve has a degenerative disease.He is doing well.I give him steroids almost every... (50248 views)

Skin infection is back. Hello Doctor, My dog has had open sores on his ears, neck and back. They start as... (7908 views)

Dog's eye blue and purple. hi my dog annebell has a giant blister in eye yesterday it was small so i didnt... (12618 views)

Aggressive cat My cat is having some behavioral issues. When I got her as a kitten she always came... (8729 views)

Advil for arthritis? Can you give advil or store brand anti-inflammatories for arthritis or do you have... (16462 views)

Exercise induced collapse. I have a labrador retriever and she is about 4 years old, 60 lbs and she is a girl.... (6319 views)

Lumps on cat's abdomen. Cubbie recently (1 week) developed two fibrous (?) lumps, one on each side of her... (23747 views)

Bitten by copperhead snake. My mom's 14 week old puppy got bit by a snake. Didn't see the snake. What should... (9384 views)