Bloated abdomen

Breed: pitbull
my dog has been severly bloated for five weeks, at first i thought he had just got into the others dogs food and ate to much, but after setting him on a diet, and worming him, and extra walks, there is still no change in the bloat, and now he is loosing weight everywhere but his belly, he doesnt seem to be in pain, is still playing and active, to best ablity, still has a large appetite even thought it seems there is no rooom to fit anything, it is starting to affect his breathing, and must be making him uncomfortable at times, please let me know what else this could be, besides worms, i do not have the money to take him into a vet, thankyou

Bloating to this extent is usually caused by fluid in the abdomen, or possibly a tumor. It is really not likely to be because of parasites.

If your boy is uncomfortable then we need to find a way to get him seen by a vet.

Hopefully one of these resources to get help paying for veterinary bills can help.

Bengal Cat health questions. please could you read this topic Dr. Marie and answer to help this person? thank you... (9538 views)

Shih Tzu is getting old. Edward is 14 years old We have noticed a couple of issues with him lately. About... (27894 views)

Lump near nipple. She has a lump(i think so).. It's hard, and about a marble's size in... (10238 views)

Liver shunt or exercise induced collapse? Hello Dr. Marie, I have a 2 year old female lab named Harper. Harper loves to play... (5289 views)

Vaccine squirted onto skin. OK... I have a Maltese and yorkie that I was giving their second vaccine 5 in 1, and... (22379 views)

UTI has returned? We are currently living abroad in Kazakhstan. Vet care here is not what we are used... (32227 views)

Rat with facial swelling. My rat has developed swelling on the left side of her face. Her entire cheek has... (20048 views)

Vomiting while in heat. Is it normal for a female dog coming out of heat to be... (19845 views)

White eye discharge in Guinea Pig. i have a guinea pig and she has lost alot of weight and shes not her self, she has... (13522 views)

Bleeding and then death. What would make a dog bleed soliva, loose muskle control, keep it from eating,... (14337 views)