Bloated abdomen

Breed: pitbull
my dog has been severly bloated for five weeks, at first i thought he had just got into the others dogs food and ate to much, but after setting him on a diet, and worming him, and extra walks, there is still no change in the bloat, and now he is loosing weight everywhere but his belly, he doesnt seem to be in pain, is still playing and active, to best ablity, still has a large appetite even thought it seems there is no rooom to fit anything, it is starting to affect his breathing, and must be making him uncomfortable at times, please let me know what else this could be, besides worms, i do not have the money to take him into a vet, thankyou

Bloating to this extent is usually caused by fluid in the abdomen, or possibly a tumor. It is really not likely to be because of parasites.

If your boy is uncomfortable then we need to find a way to get him seen by a vet.

Hopefully one of these resources to get help paying for veterinary bills can help.

Weakness in back legs and twitching eye. Sophie had had problems with her balance since sunday. Her back legs are weak and... (10060 views)

Arthritis in elbow. My 10 year old German Shepherd mix has been limping on her front leg. It has... (15485 views)

Mass on dog's cheek. My dog recently had a cotton ball size mass on her "cheek". Someone told me it was... (10419 views)

What is a CG8 blood test? Hi, my vet wants to do blood tests to see how Frankie is doing, he seems to have... (7070 views)

Hairless cat skin problem. I recently took my hairless cats collar off and there was a small red sore were the... (10295 views)

Patches of fur loss. My dog has small patches of fur coming out & he has a few bald spots around his neck... (10631 views)

Cat licking his fur. Good evening, My 4 year old tuxedo cat has always been quite special (he meows... (13128 views)

Xylitol in fruit toxic to dogs? Hello Dr. Marie, I've recently become very aware of the dangers of xylitol with... (32237 views)

Old cat with lump on paw. Our family cat is 13 to 15 years old. within the last two weeks she has lost her... (7431 views)

Dog's penis is stuck out of sheath. Hi, Ive noticed my 7 month male yorkie has started to lick himself a lot "down... (104578 views)