Bloated abdomen

Breed: pitbull
my dog has been severly bloated for five weeks, at first i thought he had just got into the others dogs food and ate to much, but after setting him on a diet, and worming him, and extra walks, there is still no change in the bloat, and now he is loosing weight everywhere but his belly, he doesnt seem to be in pain, is still playing and active, to best ablity, still has a large appetite even thought it seems there is no rooom to fit anything, it is starting to affect his breathing, and must be making him uncomfortable at times, please let me know what else this could be, besides worms, i do not have the money to take him into a vet, thankyou

Bloating to this extent is usually caused by fluid in the abdomen, or possibly a tumor. It is really not likely to be because of parasites.

If your boy is uncomfortable then we need to find a way to get him seen by a vet.

Hopefully one of these resources to get help paying for veterinary bills can help.

Crusty ears on a cat. My just over 3 month old, 100% indoor kitten has some crustiness on both tip/edge of... (26380 views)

Black lumps in a cat's ear. I recently noticed two black spots in one of my cat's ears. They haven't always been... (21990 views)

Cat sick after prednisone. Two weeks ago LittleMan had something like an infection in the corners of his mouth... (21007 views)

Wobbly drooling kitten. I have a 6 month old tabby and a few days ago he started walking almost bow legged... (14483 views)

Bleeding from mouth. Hi Dr. Marie, What would cause recurrent tongue and gum ulcers in cats? Chuger is... (39475 views)

Bump on dog's ear. Hi Dr. Marie My dog Syrous is 22 months old and is a Dogue de Bordeaux. 2... (65497 views)

My dog eats too fast. My dog eats too fast. He occasionally gags a bit or throws up shortly after eating,... (29258 views)

Ear margin dermatosis. Hello, I have a 5 year old over-weight beagle. He's had these small dry crusty... (71802 views)

Diarrhea resolves with Cephalexin. Dear Dr. Marie, I’ve been in the throes of a medical mystery with my beloved... (14087 views)

Still paralyzed after back surgery. We need help and guidance please! We have an active family, 3 boys (13,9,8) and one... (34134 views)