Large mammary lump.

Breed: staffordshire bull t
Hi Dr Marie
My dog Jenna is 13. Lately i have been aware that she has developed a large lump on 1 of her back nipples. From the side you might think its a penis. There is a hardness around another nipple as well. Both feel hard.

Could this be due to her age or is it more serious.

Best regards
Tracy

I always take mammary lumps seriously. While some of them can be benign, a lump of this size unfortunately can be cancerous.

I'd highly advise you to have your vet examine Jenna and see if they can tell how serious this is. It's possible that they can do surgery to remove these lumps before they spread.

I really hope she is ok!

Best ear cleaner? i would like to know which solution is better to use, oti-clens or... (6108 views)

Can we give benadryl for allergic reaction? My 9 month old boxer puppy has been stung by a bee or bees, we think in his mouth. ... (10251 views)

Heterochromia in a cat. I recently got a cat as a rescue. She is white, with light grey and yellow... (11592 views)

lump on ear In the last couple weeks a bump on the tip of my dogs ear has shown up. We have been... (9249 views)

fleas from puppy We just got a new Puppy. We have had him for a month. Since about 2 weeks after we... (9401 views)

Low protein and leaking urine. A German Shepherd mix, approximately 4-6 years old, was dropped off and we started... (5582 views)

Bump under eye - tooth abscess My dog has had an abscess on her face for a while, under her eye, but it hasn't... (15317 views)

Cat can't poop. hi am afraid it is a mega colon my cat is not giving any stool , although he is... (15047 views)

Trouble waking and dandruff. My male, neutered cat came from the back alley. I can't remember if we initally had... (5275 views)

Short of breath and runny nose. My dog is shor of breath, has a runny nose, and is shaking please help me I do not... (7182 views)