Large mammary lump.

Breed: staffordshire bull t
Hi Dr Marie
My dog Jenna is 13. Lately i have been aware that she has developed a large lump on 1 of her back nipples. From the side you might think its a penis. There is a hardness around another nipple as well. Both feel hard.

Could this be due to her age or is it more serious.

Best regards
Tracy

I always take mammary lumps seriously. While some of them can be benign, a lump of this size unfortunately can be cancerous.

I'd highly advise you to have your vet examine Jenna and see if they can tell how serious this is. It's possible that they can do surgery to remove these lumps before they spread.

I really hope she is ok!

Brown spots on belly. Hello, I have a five year old Pomeranian mix (25lbs). Within the last few weeks I... (15753 views)

Heart murmur. In Emerg, as part of an exam in preparation for sedation, a level 2 heart murmur was... (15745 views)

Kitten had eye removed. My cat went blind in her good eye following removal of a bad eye in which she was... (6279 views)

Older cat with congestion. First, thank u for your input on my cami that past on previous question.my husband... (5242 views)

Dog's penis out of sheath. My babys weenie is all dry and irritated and NEVER goes back in. I went to a vet and... (22038 views)

Bump near anus. My dog has what looks like a pimple or maybe an ingrown hair? It's not white like a... (32778 views)

Shaking after grooming. Millie is an otherwise healthy 8 year old Bijon Poo. Don't know if this is related,... (37948 views)

Meowing all the time? pain? Hi Dr. Marie Our cat has a virus infection and is on medication, and an eye drops.... (7292 views)

Chihuahuas with parvo My three puppies are sick i believe they all have parvo. Here are my reasons 1).The... (10531 views)

Cat is being picked on I have 3 cats. Inga is picked on by both. I think they both just want to play with... (10198 views)