Large mammary lump.

Breed: staffordshire bull t
Hi Dr Marie
My dog Jenna is 13. Lately i have been aware that she has developed a large lump on 1 of her back nipples. From the side you might think its a penis. There is a hardness around another nipple as well. Both feel hard.

Could this be due to her age or is it more serious.

Best regards
Tracy

I always take mammary lumps seriously. While some of them can be benign, a lump of this size unfortunately can be cancerous.

I'd highly advise you to have your vet examine Jenna and see if they can tell how serious this is. It's possible that they can do surgery to remove these lumps before they spread.

I really hope she is ok!

Lung problem in dog. Our cuddly Walter had "kennel cough" several times throughout his life (about 5),... (7781 views)

Natural treatment for lymphoma? my dog was just diagnosed with lymphoma cancer. hes on prednisone. cant afford... (9457 views)

Did I do the right thing? Hello Dr. Marie, I am grieving today as I had my 12 year old cat put down yesterday... (11164 views)

Vomiting Golden Retriever. I have a 8-year-old golden retriever that has been vomiting for the past 36 hours. ... (16998 views)

Epsom salt vs table salt. hi my cat keeps limping on his leg i have checked it and it isnt his leg thats the... (17873 views)

Chronic doxycycline use. How many weeks can I safely keep my pug on 100 mg daily of doxycycline... (16267 views)

Take temperature orally? My dog is recovering from pretty serious surgery. I am supposed to be taking his... (33027 views)

Not eating, losing weight. My cat is 12 years old and has recently shown a lack of appetite, weight loss and... (6215 views)

Corn in dog food. Is corn in dog food bad for him? And I also have a maltese that is 3 years old. Is... (6160 views)

Possible silent heat. She went into heat last year in August for the first time. She has not gone into... (14148 views)