Large mammary lump.

Breed: staffordshire bull t
Hi Dr Marie
My dog Jenna is 13. Lately i have been aware that she has developed a large lump on 1 of her back nipples. From the side you might think its a penis. There is a hardness around another nipple as well. Both feel hard.

Could this be due to her age or is it more serious.

Best regards
Tracy

I always take mammary lumps seriously. While some of them can be benign, a lump of this size unfortunately can be cancerous.

I'd highly advise you to have your vet examine Jenna and see if they can tell how serious this is. It's possible that they can do surgery to remove these lumps before they spread.

I really hope she is ok!

Dog or cat pooping in house. Everyday – twice a day – morning and when I get home from work –... (19461 views)

Reduce allergies to cats. I'm allergic to cats but I would love to have one. I've recently heard that there is... (8106 views)

Possible asthma My 7 year old cat has always had frequent hairballs. I have always suspected he had... (13855 views)

Enlarged lymph nodes on chemo. My furry child was recently diagnosed Lymphoma, cells suggestive of T-cell. I do... (13220 views)

Roundworms and hookworms. How often do you find roundworms /hookworms in dogs is it rare of fairly... (4529 views)

Disinfecting dishes. Hello Marie, I am contacting you again to ask a question about a part of my cat... (10983 views)

Vomiting bile. My dog has been throwing up all day, and all though the night. The throw up is... (41430 views)

Questions from a student? I have a grade 6 student doing a research project on Veteranarians. Could she use... (7424 views)

Vomiting and not eating. Hi, I'm desperate to find out how to help my dog. 9 days ago (Monday night) she woke... (26752 views)

Wheezing dog. My dog wheezes just after going on a walk with me and then proceeds to act sick or... (7507 views)