Large mammary lump.

Breed: staffordshire bull t
Hi Dr Marie
My dog Jenna is 13. Lately i have been aware that she has developed a large lump on 1 of her back nipples. From the side you might think its a penis. There is a hardness around another nipple as well. Both feel hard.

Could this be due to her age or is it more serious.

Best regards
Tracy

I always take mammary lumps seriously. While some of them can be benign, a lump of this size unfortunately can be cancerous.

I'd highly advise you to have your vet examine Jenna and see if they can tell how serious this is. It's possible that they can do surgery to remove these lumps before they spread.

I really hope she is ok!

Swollen feet in older cat. My 13 year old female cat has had several odd problems for about 2 months. I have... (20437 views)

Worn footpads. Hi, Dr. Marie: I'm writing to ask you how to treat sore, blistered paws. I pushed... (8407 views)

Is my cat diabetic? Ollie is consuming lots of water, and peeing a lot. There has been a marked increase... (6962 views)

Unexplained fever in a dog. Hi Dr. Marie, My pit bull Indy has always been in pretty good health but has... (10911 views)

Questions about an older dog. I have a female Shih Tzu, turning 5 this coming July. To let you understand the... (22488 views)

Symptoms of Lupus Help! owners have spent $1100 on test and everything comes back normal but Archie is... (11972 views)

Goopy eyes. My kittens eyes are BOTH gooping up a lot. I do not know if it is an infection, or... (12275 views)

Pale gums and seizure. Hi, 2 months ago buddy would go outside and if he would run/play hard he would come... (12447 views)

How to keep dogs from breeding. Hi there, I have a one year old female Beagle/Boxer mix and a Lab/pitt mix... (7184 views)

Puppy has red weepy eyes. my puppies eyelids on the inside are very red and his eyes have been weeping a lot,... (12453 views)