Large mammary lump.

Breed: staffordshire bull t
Hi Dr Marie
My dog Jenna is 13. Lately i have been aware that she has developed a large lump on 1 of her back nipples. From the side you might think its a penis. There is a hardness around another nipple as well. Both feel hard.

Could this be due to her age or is it more serious.

Best regards
Tracy

I always take mammary lumps seriously. While some of them can be benign, a lump of this size unfortunately can be cancerous.

I'd highly advise you to have your vet examine Jenna and see if they can tell how serious this is. It's possible that they can do surgery to remove these lumps before they spread.

I really hope she is ok!

Seizure episode. he just had a sesiure like episode where he was walking with me and just kinda... (6141 views)

Hyperthyroidism and IBD. We adopted Mo 10 years ago from the Humane Society. She was about 6 years old at... (10044 views)

Strange behavior in cat. Hello. My cat got hit by a car four months ago and had to have his tail... (10030 views)

Lump near spay incision. Dog has sore on paw looks like a circle and it's very tender to touch. It has... (20351 views)

Type of clippers? I need to know what kind or brand of trimmer to use on my rough coat Collie. Tried... (9749 views)

PU surgery on a cat? Hi Dr. Marie , I hope you can help me with my cat, Jack. He is 1 ½ years old and... (8466 views)

Cat is burnt on belly. My cat seems to have a burnt patch on her belly. I don't know if this is from... (8690 views)

Border collie leg problems? Hi Doctor, from Surrey in The UK, We have a gorgeous Border Collie pup. We think... (12251 views)

Dog urinates while walking Recently, I have noticed that my dog will walk along urinating. It seems to me that... (30642 views)

Mouth infection in cat. my cat has an infection in his mouth on his bottom lip. i think it is from bitting... (7454 views)