Puppy died.

Breed: golden retreiver
My 7week old puppy died yesterday. She laid around all weekend and was not very active. She wouldnt drink anything or eat the last few days. Before she died i called her and she was very wobbly trying to walk. There was a spot where she used the bathroom it was black and runny. Do you know what could have happened. I'm hearing different things.

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that your puppy died.

It will be very difficult to determine what happened without having a post mortem exam done. I can speculate on what possibly may have happened, but these are only guesses.

Black runny stools can mean that there was a stomach ulcer present. A stomach ulcer can be caused by administration of medication such as aspirin or by ingestion of a foreign object that did damage to the stomach or intestines.

Any time a young pup dies and there is diarrhea a concern has to be parvo virus. However, usually the blood seen in the stool is red.

There are many other possibilities including toxicity or a congenital defect.

I am very sorry for your loss.

Dog leaking urine. Good Evening. Charlot is a rescued dog so I do know his history prior to his new... (11766 views)

Boxer grinding teeth. my fixed female boxer has recently started grinding her teeth. she seems to do this... (47357 views)

Hamster hair loss. Hello, My daughters hamster keeps loosing big patches of his fur and also his eyes... (9218 views)

Chaning cat's thyroid medication. Hi, my cat is 13 and 1/2 years old. He was diagnosted hyperthyorid 2 1/2 months ago.... (5489 views)

Licking his penis. my indoor cat is constantly going to his litter box about every 10 mins or so and... (9409 views)

Sheltie is afraid of people. I have a one year old female Sheltie. she is very nervous around people. She was... (12776 views)

Strange problem with cat. I am having a serious issue. I have an 11 year old female indoor cat, never fixed. ... (8691 views)

Stress from travel. Hello, I have a question about my cat. He is 3 years old and he arrived in the UK... (3634 views)

High ALKP and bile acids. Hi Dr. Marie I value your opinion so much and I do respect and understand that... (15174 views)

Kitten with white gums. My kitten is 8 weeks old she just wants to lay around she was playing with the other... (19651 views)