Puppy died.

Breed: golden retreiver
My 7week old puppy died yesterday. She laid around all weekend and was not very active. She wouldnt drink anything or eat the last few days. Before she died i called her and she was very wobbly trying to walk. There was a spot where she used the bathroom it was black and runny. Do you know what could have happened. I'm hearing different things.

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that your puppy died.

It will be very difficult to determine what happened without having a post mortem exam done. I can speculate on what possibly may have happened, but these are only guesses.

Black runny stools can mean that there was a stomach ulcer present. A stomach ulcer can be caused by administration of medication such as aspirin or by ingestion of a foreign object that did damage to the stomach or intestines.

Any time a young pup dies and there is diarrhea a concern has to be parvo virus. However, usually the blood seen in the stool is red.

There are many other possibilities including toxicity or a congenital defect.

I am very sorry for your loss.

Chihuahua has back problem. Hi! One of my four chihuahuas, Ginger, has been having a back problem for a while... (9157 views)

Limping on rear leg. Hello Dr. Marie! Buddy came to us about six months ago a stray. Though it was... (18395 views)

Meds safe for small dog? Good evening! I recently adopted a toy poodle. She is currently 4 months old (DOB... (5477 views)

Cat with sore penis. I have a neutered male cat 5 years old. 4 months ago he was really sick, we took him... (15499 views)

Does Pet Calm Work? Dr. Marie My Bobbie has serious trembling normally during the evning and night.... (10507 views)

Cat keeps getting sick. Hi, I have a 4 month old kitten. I found her when she was about two months. I took... (4140 views)

Brittle nails in a dog. My dog's nails seem to be chipping off and bleeding. He's not biting them. What is... (10931 views)

Dog not eating i have a boxer labrador mix .his name is angus.because summer has started and the... (18824 views)

Swollen penis Charlie's penis is enlarged and pussing but the puss is not excessive. I really... (43464 views)

Dripping blood. My 13 year old female, spayed,Doberman is in good health (with lots of benign... (22191 views)