Puppy died.

Breed: golden retreiver
My 7week old puppy died yesterday. She laid around all weekend and was not very active. She wouldnt drink anything or eat the last few days. Before she died i called her and she was very wobbly trying to walk. There was a spot where she used the bathroom it was black and runny. Do you know what could have happened. I'm hearing different things.

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that your puppy died.

It will be very difficult to determine what happened without having a post mortem exam done. I can speculate on what possibly may have happened, but these are only guesses.

Black runny stools can mean that there was a stomach ulcer present. A stomach ulcer can be caused by administration of medication such as aspirin or by ingestion of a foreign object that did damage to the stomach or intestines.

Any time a young pup dies and there is diarrhea a concern has to be parvo virus. However, usually the blood seen in the stool is red.

There are many other possibilities including toxicity or a congenital defect.

I am very sorry for your loss.

Hind end paralysis. I put my beautiful, loyal companion to sleep on Christmas day. The guilt is... (8450 views)

Dog with swollen face. our dog woke up with a swollen face. i think that something might have bitten him. ... (11960 views)

Bumps near mouth and chin. My cat has some bumps near his mouth and they are red and itchy. Do you know what... (16780 views)

Prognosis with hemangiosarcoma. i have a dog whose a 7 year old German shepherdand although he has been diagnosed... (12434 views)

Can dogs get colds? Lady is currently still at a pet store but she is a sweet puppy and we've had our... (8164 views)

Red spots on dog's back. my dog scraches all the time i use oatmeal based shampoo--even given her phenergan... (5222 views)

Possible distemper or kennel cough. I adopted Bub from the SPCA on August 13 and he was taken to the Vet on Aug 17 for... (9259 views)

Immodium overdose? I may have overdosed my chihuahua on immodium ad yesterday. I gave her a humans dose... (21584 views)

Vomiting Golden Retriever. We went up to Lake Tahoe for the weekend, both of our dogs receive home made food,... (14064 views)

How often to give Benadryl? Lola always has a little bit of a breathing issue b/c of her short snout and I have... (8823 views)