Puppy died.

Breed: golden retreiver
My 7week old puppy died yesterday. She laid around all weekend and was not very active. She wouldnt drink anything or eat the last few days. Before she died i called her and she was very wobbly trying to walk. There was a spot where she used the bathroom it was black and runny. Do you know what could have happened. I'm hearing different things.

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that your puppy died.

It will be very difficult to determine what happened without having a post mortem exam done. I can speculate on what possibly may have happened, but these are only guesses.

Black runny stools can mean that there was a stomach ulcer present. A stomach ulcer can be caused by administration of medication such as aspirin or by ingestion of a foreign object that did damage to the stomach or intestines.

Any time a young pup dies and there is diarrhea a concern has to be parvo virus. However, usually the blood seen in the stool is red.

There are many other possibilities including toxicity or a congenital defect.

I am very sorry for your loss.

Guinea pig breathing problems. I'm not sure if you can answer this. My Guinea Pig was breathing very loud and fast.... (14337 views)

Does Prozac cause diarrhea in dogs? I want to know if continuing diarrhea is a possible side effect of prozac. My dog... (21921 views)

Howling at night time. My cat is has been meowing quite a bit and she is a little on lethargic side. In... (9898 views)

Care of orphaned kittens. I have a ferral outside cat who just had kittens and was attacked...most of thr... (6749 views)

Watery diarrhea. My cat has had consistent diarrhea and vomiting for some time. Her vet began... (4979 views)

Trim ferret's teeth? can you trim your ferrets teeth so that when they bite it wont hurt as much and if... (7776 views)

Wobbly Boxer. My 3 year old boxer has been having some issues. He has always been very very clumsy... (10225 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea. Dear Dr. Marie, I adopted a shelter dog from the southern US last September. He is... (10258 views)

Vomiting foamy yellow stuff. My Yorki 8 Lb and was throwing up yellow foamy and almost puss like stuff 3 days ago... (17872 views)

Coughing cat. My cat has had a horrible cough for two or three months and the vet doesn't know... (4340 views)