Dog has a crooked tail.

Breed: Staffordshire Bull T
We have a pure bred Staffy 5 months old. Her tail curls right over her back and doesn't look at all normal. Is there anyway to straighten it out, non surgically, or is surgery the only alternative. Not sure about that avenue, but would be interested in your opinion.

Have splinted her tail with limited success for two weeks. She is quite okay about having a splint on, but have wondered if i am wasting my time.

Thanks
Jackie

Hmmm...this is an interesting question. I'd love to see a picture of Bailey if this is possible for you. If you can get one, you can send it to photos@askavetquestion.com.

There really isn't any surgery that can get a dog's tail to sit differently. Splinting is really not going to do anything.

If the tail was really bothersome to her the only thing I could think of doing is having it amputated. However, this is a really major surgery and I wouldn't go into this lightly.

So, this is probably something that she will need to live with!

Female dog leaking urine. Dr. Marie My 8yr old shepard mix is leaking urine more days than not she is a... (17457 views)

Cat falling over. for the last while my cat is having a hard time walking and is falling over. When he... (22579 views)

Breeding big and little dog. i have a year and a half old female jack russell/rat terrier cross that is in heat... (11433 views)

Did I make the right decision? Hello, I guess my question isn't so much of a question but more of a plea for... (45659 views)

Dog with pancreatitis. My dog was taken to the vet Monday morning and I was told he had pancreatitis. I... (15466 views)

Metronidazole side effects? My Dog had a surgery Dec 9. The Doctor removed a tumor from his small intestine. He... (17371 views)

Tumor or cystitis? I have a 17-year-old male cat (British short hair). He is in good health, eats and... (15518 views)

Puppy won't eat or drink. My puppy has not been feeling good for the past 2 days. She doesn't eat or drink... (112630 views)

Bald spots on dog I have 2 staffordshire bullterriers which are brothers 1 of them has lost a spot of... (17614 views)

Bumps near mouth and chin. My cat has some bumps near his mouth and they are red and itchy. Do you know what... (19066 views)