Dog has a crooked tail.

Breed: Staffordshire Bull T
We have a pure bred Staffy 5 months old. Her tail curls right over her back and doesn't look at all normal. Is there anyway to straighten it out, non surgically, or is surgery the only alternative. Not sure about that avenue, but would be interested in your opinion.

Have splinted her tail with limited success for two weeks. She is quite okay about having a splint on, but have wondered if i am wasting my time.

Thanks
Jackie

Hmmm...this is an interesting question. I'd love to see a picture of Bailey if this is possible for you. If you can get one, you can send it to photos@askavetquestion.com.

There really isn't any surgery that can get a dog's tail to sit differently. Splinting is really not going to do anything.

If the tail was really bothersome to her the only thing I could think of doing is having it amputated. However, this is a really major surgery and I wouldn't go into this lightly.

So, this is probably something that she will need to live with!

Lepto from mice? I live in New York City, in an apartment. Two days ago, I left Honey's food out on... (15888 views)

Swollen neck on a cat. my 4 month old male cat, desexed vaccinated and everything one more shot to go tho.... (7006 views)

Recipe for skunk odor. My cat got sprayed by a skunk. What do you recomend to get rid of the... (10585 views)

Rash in dog's armpits. My boxer has been getting rashes under her front armpits, this is the 4th time it's... (25621 views)

Vomiting due to virus? Hello Dr.Marie. Okay so my 14 year old cat smokey has been going threw some... (18103 views)

Dog was limping and death. My dog was favoring his left front leg and he is an outside dog with lots of energy,... (16614 views)

Patellar luxation in big dog. Dr, For the past few days Max has had a UTI. For the past two visits my vet has... (7510 views)

Sick puppy. Our Westie puppy, Minnie, is 12 weeks old today. We got her 23 days ago. From Day... (11337 views)

Older cat missing litter box. My 18 year old male cat is getting into the liter box and urinating on the floor... (16772 views)

When to put down older dog. I know my dog is on the way out, she has cataracts, hearing is dim, legs are shaky,... (7110 views)