Dog has a crooked tail.

Breed: Staffordshire Bull T
We have a pure bred Staffy 5 months old. Her tail curls right over her back and doesn't look at all normal. Is there anyway to straighten it out, non surgically, or is surgery the only alternative. Not sure about that avenue, but would be interested in your opinion.

Have splinted her tail with limited success for two weeks. She is quite okay about having a splint on, but have wondered if i am wasting my time.

Thanks
Jackie

Hmmm...this is an interesting question. I'd love to see a picture of Bailey if this is possible for you. If you can get one, you can send it to photos@askavetquestion.com.

There really isn't any surgery that can get a dog's tail to sit differently. Splinting is really not going to do anything.

If the tail was really bothersome to her the only thing I could think of doing is having it amputated. However, this is a really major surgery and I wouldn't go into this lightly.

So, this is probably something that she will need to live with!

Brown spots on belly. Hello, I have a five year old Pomeranian mix (25lbs). Within the last few weeks I... (24335 views)

Dog spinning and bothered My dog doesn't have flea's but acts like he is being bothered by something. He... (14905 views)

Long term use of Clavasceptin Dear Dr Marie, Our puppy (5 months old) was diagnosed as having a kidney... (12689 views)

Green discharge post whelping. is it normal for my dog to have greenish pee and black clumps after she gave birth?... (22547 views)

Spay a nursing cat? Our kitty gave birth to three kittens 10 days ago and is already in heat. Is it... (11580 views)

Boxer fainted. My 1 1/2 year old boxer fainted or collapsed yesterday evening as he was walking to... (11100 views)

Cat falling over. for the last while my cat is having a hard time walking and is falling over. When he... (22881 views)

Blood in stools. My dog has bright red blood in his stools. He is in good form, jumping around and... (13123 views)

Cat has swollen foot. I took my cat to the vet bc he was limping and they said he may have cut his foot... (7821 views)

Blood in poop. Hi There, I found a few drops of blood last night in and near my puppies poo. Not... (59215 views)