Dog has a crooked tail.

Breed: Staffordshire Bull T
We have a pure bred Staffy 5 months old. Her tail curls right over her back and doesn't look at all normal. Is there anyway to straighten it out, non surgically, or is surgery the only alternative. Not sure about that avenue, but would be interested in your opinion.

Have splinted her tail with limited success for two weeks. She is quite okay about having a splint on, but have wondered if i am wasting my time.

Thanks
Jackie

Hmmm...this is an interesting question. I'd love to see a picture of Bailey if this is possible for you. If you can get one, you can send it to photos@askavetquestion.com.

There really isn't any surgery that can get a dog's tail to sit differently. Splinting is really not going to do anything.

If the tail was really bothersome to her the only thing I could think of doing is having it amputated. However, this is a really major surgery and I wouldn't go into this lightly.

So, this is probably something that she will need to live with!

Dog's baby teeth not out. Hi Dr Marie, Happy Holidays to you. I have a question. I don't think this is a... (14791 views)

Kitten not pooping. Hi Dr. Marie. I recently just brought a young kitten home and he is probably 4... (12272 views)

Milk coming out nose. Hi my dog has just had pups 5 weeks ago an since day one, one of the puppies has... (29541 views)

Head tremor in a cat. Dear Dr.Marie, My cat Wildwood has been lethargic for the past 2 days, along with... (35303 views)

Bleeding cat? my cat (female and she has has been neutered)appears to be dropping a red liquid in... (11778 views)

Ok for dog to eat cat food? My puppy gets annoyed and jealous of me interacting with my cat, especially when I... (6420 views)

Best flea preventive for cats. Bella is an indoor/outdoor cat; free to roam during the day, but we keep her in at... (6272 views)

Loss of muscle mass on one leg. My dog has lost muscle mass on just ONE hind leg and is getting worse everyday. He... (25410 views)

Balding legs Two month old Freddie was a rescue with mites. He went through the sulphur bath... (9648 views)

My cat died. My cat was found dead by a neighbour on a grass verge about 10ft from the road on... (12225 views)