Pregnant dog has tick disease.

Breed: German shepherd
my dog is pregnant and she is suffering from tick disease so can i give her antibiotics.

There are a number of different tick borne diseases that dogs can get. Many of them are treated with an antibiotic called doxycycline. But, doxycycline is not safe to use in a pregnant dog because it will have an effect on the puppies.

This sounds like a situation where you need to consult with your vet. Tick borne diseases are not something that can be treated at home without veterinary help.

Light colored diarrhea. Yesterday my husband and I purchased our new family addition and his brother. Last... (29816 views)

Sneezing cat. We have adopted a feral cat off the back porch in November. We think she is about 2... (12521 views)

Feline acne? Dr. Marie, About a week ago I noticed a small grayish black nodule on my cat's... (24555 views)

Strong smelling urine. i have a male cat an recently his urine has become very strong, he hasnt been done... (10854 views)

Vomiting and red skin. Dr. Marie My buddy Bobber is sick. He is currently seeing a vet. I read a Q and A... (6511 views)

In heat and shaking her head. My dog has been vomiting and had diarrhea for the last 2-3 days. She has been in... (4707 views)

Shih Tzu is getting old. Edward is 14 years old We have noticed a couple of issues with him lately. About... (26811 views)

Parvo? My English Mastiff started vomiting on Friday. By Saturday he had extremely watery... (14062 views)

Aspirin and Lasix? Hello. My regular vet is out of town and my dog is in a lot of pain. He's thirteen... (9047 views)

Puppy Strangles. litter of 12 puppies were born on April 13th and now 4 are showing signs of lumps... (7321 views)