Pregnant dog has tick disease.

Breed: German shepherd
my dog is pregnant and she is suffering from tick disease so can i give her antibiotics.

There are a number of different tick borne diseases that dogs can get. Many of them are treated with an antibiotic called doxycycline. But, doxycycline is not safe to use in a pregnant dog because it will have an effect on the puppies.

This sounds like a situation where you need to consult with your vet. Tick borne diseases are not something that can be treated at home without veterinary help.

Cause of high ALP? mickey a male is 6 and 1/2 years old. he was prescribed on 8/12/11 rimadyl (1/2 75mg... (12835 views)

Cat can't move tail or legs. My girlfriend's family saved a cat viciously attacked by dogs in the street in... (28193 views)

Euthanized dog with megaesophagus. 3 days ago we had to put our dear dog Bailey to sleep:( he was diognosed with... (11805 views)

Hypoallergenic dogs. Dr. Marie, thank you for responding to my recent questions regarding my Pug, Newt. I... (7311 views)

Vomiting yorkie. Abby is 15 months old. She weighs 2.5-3.0 lbs. She is spayed. My question is that... (22591 views)

Disc problems. Hello, Two weeks ago my 9 year old Black Lab start to have problems with his hind... (11397 views)

43 days pregnant and not eating. MY DOG IS 43 DAYS PREGNANT, SHE HAS LOW APETITE, DOCTOR PRESCRIBED PETPRO TABS 1... (8506 views)

Dog vomiting clear fluid. Today we noticed that Cassie is vomiting clear fluid (with a little foam) all over... (222415 views)

Click in dog's elbow. Hi Dr. I've noticed that sometimes Max's right elbow will creak as he bends it.... (13215 views)

Quiet, sneezing dog. My Choc Lab is acting very listless, sneezing constantly, her nose is cold, is still... (22250 views)