Pregnant dog has tick disease.

Breed: German shepherd
my dog is pregnant and she is suffering from tick disease so can i give her antibiotics.

There are a number of different tick borne diseases that dogs can get. Many of them are treated with an antibiotic called doxycycline. But, doxycycline is not safe to use in a pregnant dog because it will have an effect on the puppies.

This sounds like a situation where you need to consult with your vet. Tick borne diseases are not something that can be treated at home without veterinary help.

Constipated cat. Hi Dr. Marie, The last time I emailed you (about a year ago), our cat, Keane, was... (16348 views)

Questions about seizures and MRI. Dr., We are in a dilemma and don't know what to do. Our pet, BooBoo, our beatiful... (65186 views)

Diabetic cat diet. Hi, I am the owner of two siamese cats (female) from same litter - 11.5 years old.... (13541 views)

Arthritis in a Newfie. My ten year old Newfie mix is eating less and seems very stiff and sometimes... (11413 views)

Did my cat suffer? Last Tuesday night one of our cats went outside. He never reappeared. My boyfriend... (17226 views)

Dog ate Sentinel Shug got into the Sentinel package...pills are missing...what is the... (19853 views)

Benadryl for thunderstorms? My dog is terified of thunderstoms. Pants, tongue hanging out, eyes huge, and heart... (39426 views)

Ear mites? My cat has been scratching at it's ear and itching it. I think he has ear mites. I... (11249 views)

Lump on hamster near leg. Hi, My hamster has a pink lump on her right side (Near the front right leg) She... (18159 views)

Pregnancy question. My golden retriver mated with my chiuahuh and the chihuhah is pregnat would i need... (10983 views)