Pregnant dog has tick disease.

Breed: German shepherd
my dog is pregnant and she is suffering from tick disease so can i give her antibiotics.

There are a number of different tick borne diseases that dogs can get. Many of them are treated with an antibiotic called doxycycline. But, doxycycline is not safe to use in a pregnant dog because it will have an effect on the puppies.

This sounds like a situation where you need to consult with your vet. Tick borne diseases are not something that can be treated at home without veterinary help.

Can a dog transmit HIV or hep c Hello, I know you've had a similar question before but I'm unsure about... (64163 views)

Restraint of dogs. Hi, I am currently filling out a university application for vet science at the... (8378 views)

High lipase and triglycerides. Hi Dr. Marie I am following up with you regarding Oreo's Vacuolar Hepatopathy... (7518 views)

Lump on my dog. Hello Dr. Marie, I sincerely hope that this is real, and that if it is and you... (35052 views)

Does Pet Calm Work? Dr. Marie My Bobbie has serious trembling normally during the evning and night.... (13616 views)

Sudden bulldog death. Hello Dr. Marie, I own a boarding kennel and have for fifteen years. We pride... (27716 views)

Not using litter box. All of a sudden my cat, has decided to use her litterbox to urinate only. She will... (9406 views)

Is clostridium zoonotic? Clostridium Type A has been known to cause sudden death in healthy deer but it has... (8244 views)

Did my dog mate? hello my female dog was on her 2nd heat around 2months ago she got out my garden... (8097 views)

When to separate pups? Hello, My pet has just given babies and i need to give those babies for... (7598 views)