Pregnant dog has tick disease.

Breed: German shepherd
my dog is pregnant and she is suffering from tick disease so can i give her antibiotics.

There are a number of different tick borne diseases that dogs can get. Many of them are treated with an antibiotic called doxycycline. But, doxycycline is not safe to use in a pregnant dog because it will have an effect on the puppies.

This sounds like a situation where you need to consult with your vet. Tick borne diseases are not something that can be treated at home without veterinary help.

Ketoconazole, Heartgard, Comfortis. Good morning. Well this is kind of a follow-up question on Poppi. I wrote to you on... (5760 views)

Dog with masticatory myositis. hi my dog has had masticatory myositis last jan and again in april and now has it... (9952 views)

Conjunctivitis zoonotic? My dog has conjunctivitis, which he is being treated for and my friends daughter who... (13182 views)

Why did my puppy die? Hello, I'm in the UK and I hope you can give me some idea as to why my seemingly... (11168 views)

Great Dane not eating. Dr. Marie, my dog molly just recently started not eating dog food or drinking and... (10548 views)

Ovarian remnant syndrome. Hi there, We had our beautiful, angel, female kitten spayed just over one month... (6228 views)

Itchy dog. My question is long because I have to give all the background data. On May 10, 2011... (20349 views)

Bloated and leaking urine. This past week my 12 year old german shepard has been wetting herself and last night... (19488 views)

Vomiting 3 times per day. My dog is vomiting about 3x per day. She seems to be happy and wants to eat a... (19489 views)

Beagle Pain Syndrome? My 10 year old beagle in November had an ear infection that caused him to develop... (14216 views)