Pregnant dog has tick disease.

Breed: German shepherd
my dog is pregnant and she is suffering from tick disease so can i give her antibiotics.

There are a number of different tick borne diseases that dogs can get. Many of them are treated with an antibiotic called doxycycline. But, doxycycline is not safe to use in a pregnant dog because it will have an effect on the puppies.

This sounds like a situation where you need to consult with your vet. Tick borne diseases are not something that can be treated at home without veterinary help.

Multiple mast cell tumors. Hi Marie, it says that my question has been answered, but I do not know how to... (15486 views)

Bathed dog in gasoline. my dog's losing a lot of hair and her skin shows discoloration.when i was away for... (16805 views)

Toxic to pets? I am going green and looking for a floor cleaning solution that is dog safe. I was... (5454 views)

Dog's stool a little loose. Dr Marie, Examining that bump around Max's nipples it appears to be less solid.... (4576 views)

Ultrasonic noise deterrents for cats? do devices that omit a 124db ultrasonic burst of sound work as a cat deterrent... (9383 views)

Is it ok to shave a cat? Dear Dr. Marie, Greetings from Singapore! This is my 4th time writing to... (11215 views)

Peptobismol use in cats I gave pepto bismol to my cat will it be... (21630 views)

Cost to take mouse to vet? About how much would it cost to take a mouse in for a check... (16285 views)

Old dog vomiting. My dog has been throwing up food that she eats except soft stuff, she is old and she... (15694 views)

Frontline and Revolution safe for pregnant dogs. Dr. Marie my poor yorkie is pregnet and she got flees from my sisters new dog what... (46803 views)