Indestructible dog toys.

Breed: golden
Hi Dr,

Fortunately I'm not writing about an illness.

Since his neutering Max (9 months) has turned into a very high energy dog and the lack of suitable outlets has led to bad habits (mouthing, nipping, stealing from pockets, grabbing things just to be chased, etc).

I give him 2 x 30 min walks a day. He's much, much better when he's able to chew on toys but he uses his molars and goes through toys faster than I can replenish.

What is a suitable natural chew? Rawhide? Bones? Bullwinkle?

He's already had one of those soggy square rawhides and that led to vomiting (and a trip to the vet).

Jay

I'm glad to hear Max is healthy!

I would agree with you that we need to find him an outlet for his energy.

Here are a few ideas I have for you:

Good chew toys

Another thing that may help are toys that keep his mind occupied. Check these out:

Another thought...if it's doable for you: I have a client with a crazy lab and what they do is take him to doggie daycare at PetSmart 3x a week. He plays insanely with other dogs for 8 hours and is exhausted (and very well behaved) for 2 days!

Lump on ferret's face. My daughters feret has a lump on it's cheek. At first it did not grow fast , but now... (11565 views)

Incontinent after exercise. Sporadically over the course of the past year or 15 months Keeley will have... (29544 views)

Sore neck after blood draw. This afternoon, I took my dog for routine labwork and the tech took it from his... (19476 views)

Ivermectin toxicity in a cat. My kitten and I live in Democractic Republic of Congo. Today, a vet administered an... (16099 views)

Repair hernia now? My pitbull puppy has an umbilical hernia, about the size of a half dollar. She shows... (9729 views)

Dog pees when excited. comit had surgery done to remove a hernia and the vets said it was of most good to... (13356 views)

Cut my dog while grooming. My mother was trimming Levi's fringe, and accidentally cut skin instead. Needless to... (64973 views)

Itchy feet and nose. Hi, my dog started about 3 days ago with very itchy paws to the point that they are... (9428 views)

Pemphigus and prednisone. Dear Dr Marie I am from Nepal. It is a developing country with per capita income... (7272 views)

Hypothyroidism in Sheltie. Hi My dog had a thyroid test and the results came back as .8 which he said was low... (10356 views)