Spay older dog?

Breed: Stray
Hi Vet
My dog is 9 years old & has never been mated. She is healthy & does not have a medical history of serious ailments.
Due to risk of her developing tumors /uterine infections our vet has advised us to do an OVE.
Could you plz advise if this operation would help in reducing her chances of having either mammary tumors, uterus tumors, pyometra at this old age.
Even though her blood test have not shown any abnormalities, we do not want to go for an OVH due to her age & possible complications.

Thanks for a great question. I have been asked a similar question which you can read here: Should I get my older dog spayed?

Broken leg - not eating. Last night my 7 week old puppy broke her leg , we took her to the emergency pet... (9154 views)

Cat abscess not healing. About two weeks ago we took my cat to the vet, he has a abscess near his bottom, the... (13111 views)

Healthy cat died suddenly. Why did my cat die? I came home from work today to find that my cat had died. I... (29454 views)

Quiet, sneezing dog. My Choc Lab is acting very listless, sneezing constantly, her nose is cold, is still... (23635 views)

Cat can't meow. This morning my 9-yr old female indoor cat, Ally, can't meow (she's always very... (137552 views)

Vomiting pregnant cat. hello dr.vet my cat was with a male 2 weeks ago yesterday she started to vomit 5... (7423 views)

Expensive fecal exam. Hello Dr. Marie, My question is about a vet bill that I got yesterday and I... (42837 views)

Wounds by anus. hello, i have a boxer and it is the third time that he has some kind of wound inside... (21697 views)

What is this red lump on my dog's leg? dear dr marie, in the last week this oozy boil-like bump has shown up on my dog`s... (263748 views)

Balding on legs and belly. My cat is bald on the back of her legs and losing hair on her belly as... (13079 views)