Spay older dog?

Breed: Stray
Hi Vet
My dog is 9 years old & has never been mated. She is healthy & does not have a medical history of serious ailments.
Due to risk of her developing tumors /uterine infections our vet has advised us to do an OVE.
Could you plz advise if this operation would help in reducing her chances of having either mammary tumors, uterus tumors, pyometra at this old age.
Even though her blood test have not shown any abnormalities, we do not want to go for an OVH due to her age & possible complications.

Thanks for a great question. I have been asked a similar question which you can read here: Should I get my older dog spayed?

Swollen feet in older cat. My 13 year old female cat has had several odd problems for about 2 months. I have... (18125 views)

Dog licking other dog's ear. My roommate's pit/lab mix Champ is moderately obsessed with licking/chewing on my... (56892 views)

Radiation danger to pets? I am currently undergoing radioactive iodine therapy and my doctor says that I need... (35043 views)

Bump on ribcage. Hello, I noticed today that the kitten has a hard bone like rounded bump right where... (17463 views)

Daschund with sore neck. My dog was perfectly fine leading up to and on the day he received his vaccines. He... (8059 views)

Worms in dog's poop. My dog is 1 year and 6 months, she has worms. My husband and I saw signs of it about... (6251 views)

Two gerbils fighting. i have a gerbil that i got and i put it with my other gerbil and they were fiting... (8286 views)

Vomiting and balance issues. my dog is losing her equalibreum and was throwing up yellow stomach bile.her poop is... (23541 views)

Itchy mouth in a dog. For quite sometime now she has been experiencing something that is irritating her... (67831 views)

Sick after having puppies. I have an important question about my dog. She had puppies 2 weeks ago and suddenly... (10249 views)