Spay older dog?

Breed: Stray
Hi Vet
My dog is 9 years old & has never been mated. She is healthy & does not have a medical history of serious ailments.
Due to risk of her developing tumors /uterine infections our vet has advised us to do an OVE.
Could you plz advise if this operation would help in reducing her chances of having either mammary tumors, uterus tumors, pyometra at this old age.
Even though her blood test have not shown any abnormalities, we do not want to go for an OVH due to her age & possible complications.

Thanks for a great question. I have been asked a similar question which you can read here: Should I get my older dog spayed?

Sunscreen for cats and dogs. My cat is a white cat and he loves to lounge in the sun. I was wondering if you... (13337 views)

Grief after dog passed away. I recently lost my 13 year old German Shepherd mix. She is my first dog. My... (7025 views)

Kitten not pooping. Hi Dr. Marie. I recently just brought a young kitten home and he is probably 4... (10530 views)

Incontinent kitten. Hi there! I have a kitten who was found in a drain at about 3 weeks. The vets at... (11189 views)

High liver enzymes. I had placed Archie in a board and care home while we were on vacation. After coming... (11926 views)

Bitch searching for dead puppies. my papillon bitch gave birth to a litter of premature pups. sadly they are all dead... (26807 views)

Pug died suddenly. Aloha, Our beloved Pug Tobi passed away unexpectedly on Wednesday and as much as I... (8296 views)

Rib poking out. I have an 9 year old maltese poodle and recently i have noticed that the end of his... (33218 views)

Diarrhea after having puppies. is it nomal for a dog to have the runs after giving birth to 11 puppies a week... (24948 views)

Pink lump on dog's paw. I just noticed my Daschund has a small lump on one of her paws. It is pinkish in... (57995 views)