Spay older dog?

Breed: Stray
Hi Vet
My dog is 9 years old & has never been mated. She is healthy & does not have a medical history of serious ailments.
Due to risk of her developing tumors /uterine infections our vet has advised us to do an OVE.
Could you plz advise if this operation would help in reducing her chances of having either mammary tumors, uterus tumors, pyometra at this old age.
Even though her blood test have not shown any abnormalities, we do not want to go for an OVH due to her age & possible complications.

Thanks for a great question. I have been asked a similar question which you can read here: Should I get my older dog spayed?

Rib poking out. I have an 9 year old maltese poodle and recently i have noticed that the end of his... (34202 views)

Senior food for 7 year old dog? I have 2 black pugs. One (Mr. P) is 11 years old, and the other (Samson) is 7 years... (4897 views)

Ear cropping for boxers? should a boxers ear be cut off or let them grow? and my pets name is not any of your... (8500 views)

Sensitive at tail base. My cat is 7 years old. She is the only suvivor of her litteer. All of the kittens... (117175 views)

Where can I buy Tramadol? Steve has a degenerative disease.He is doing well.I give him steroids almost every... (52420 views)

Shifting lameness and weight loss. In March, Grayson suddenly started limping on his front left paw. We took him to... (6967 views)

Cat has fleas. My poor cat has fleas, he is losing hair and is just miserable. I am looking for a... (5202 views)

7 week old puppies have fleas. my puppy is getting eatin alive by fleas he is only 7 weeks old and is a very tiny... (9724 views)

Can't move back legs. My cat could not get up using its back legs. Her front legs were working but she... (31400 views)

Malamute panting. We have taken in a rescue dog. When they brought him to us he was panting and they... (11430 views)