How to keep dogs from breeding.

Breed: Beagle/Boxer mix an
Hi there,

I have a one year old female Beagle/Boxer mix and a Lab/pitt mix male. They just had puppies Nov 21, my male is not neutered and my female is now in heat again, is there anything I can do to prevent them from breeding again ?Beside getting him neutered or separating them?

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

Melanie

When a female is in heat, the male dog will do almost anything he can to be able to breed her! Additionally, the female will have a strong desire to breed as well. It is extremely difficult to keep an intact male and female from breeding when the female is in heat.

I have seen all sorts of methods fail. I have seen people put underwear on the female, but the male can very easily get around that. I have seen people keep the male dog tied up on a big chain and the male was so determined that he actually broke the chain!

The only thing that I can recommend is to have them spayed/neutered. Keep in mind that if you get your male dog neutered, he will still have some sperm in his system for several weeks and can still get your female pregnant during that time.

Newborn puppy not eating. Well yesterday my presious had puppys she had two, and about two to three hours... (8594 views)

Health problems. WE DO NEED A QUICK ANSWER, BUT IN CASE DOG WILL HANG ON, HERE GOES: 10 YRS OLD... (7357 views)

Chicken jerky treats making dog sick My 2 yr old Shizu/Poodle has been scratching and her water intake seems to have... (5213 views)

Hamster scabs and hair loss. I have a dwarf hamster (it's white with red eyes, if that helps on the breed). It... (18780 views)

Advil for arthritis? Can you give advil or store brand anti-inflammatories for arthritis or do you have... (15867 views)

Hypothyroidism? We have a 101 lbs. 7-year-old purebred Chocolate lab that has small to medium... (4022 views)

Heartworm and MDR1 I rrecently had both dogs genotyped for MDR1 mutation and both are positive. Bella... (5977 views)

Sore chihuahua My dog Chevy has had some strange behavior for some time. For the past year or so he... (6825 views)

Dog losing chunks of fur. My dog has been loseing chunks of fur on his face only then next day the skin turns... (8835 views)

Panting at night on steroids. my 12 year old black lab is on steroids for an auto immune disease and the medicine... (5936 views)