Breeding and vaccines.

Breed: Blue nose pitbull
I wanted to breed my female pitbull, but I have not yet given her the annual vaccines. At this moment I wanted to breed her because she is in heat. How long do I have to wait to breed her after she has been given her annual vaccines? One day or more? Thank You!

I would highly discourage you from breeding your dog. I'll give you a few reasons why.

First of all, are you prepared in case there are complications with the pregnancy? I commonly will see dogs who are in need of a C-Section but the owners are not financially prepared. A C-Section can cost $1000-$3000 and most vets will not allow a payment plan for this.

Are you prepared if she will not nurse her puppies? If the mom refuses to nurse, then you will need to feed these puppies by hand every 1-3 hours around the clock.

A responsible breeder will take xrays to screen for hip and elbow dysplasia before breeding as well.

To answer your question, she can be bred any time after her vaccine, but she cannot receive vaccinations while she is pregnant.

Again, though, I would highly advise that you leave the breeding to people who do dog breeding as a profession!

Factory Farms and CAFOS Hello my name is Alyssa. I am a senior at FD Roosevelt Senior High School. I am... (8407 views)

Is rescue cat in pain? Hello I took in a stray female cat about 10 days ago. HER behaviour is odd. She... (10407 views)

Tumor grew back. Hello, Our cat Chester had a tumor removed, sarcoma, about the size of a large golf... (7113 views)

Swollen hip. I am so worried about my dog Holly. I think she may have hip dysplasia. Her hip is... (11978 views)

Lab swallowed a shotgun shell. my 4 month old Lab pup swallowed a shotgun shell. What do you suggest i... (12632 views)

Dog has itchy lumps my dog has lumps on her body and are a bit... (14364 views)

Cat abscess not healing. About two weeks ago we took my cat to the vet, he has a abscess near his bottom, the... (13689 views)

Is my dog overweight? Can you please tell me what weight Lady should be? She is now 24kg, is this a good... (9817 views)

Trouble moving. Firts, I am owner of 3 dogs~ Last Saturday we found a small tick on buddy. He... (13709 views)

Can't move back legs. My cat could not get up using its back legs. Her front legs were working but she... (33670 views)