Breeding and vaccines.

Breed: Blue nose pitbull
I wanted to breed my female pitbull, but I have not yet given her the annual vaccines. At this moment I wanted to breed her because she is in heat. How long do I have to wait to breed her after she has been given her annual vaccines? One day or more? Thank You!

I would highly discourage you from breeding your dog. I'll give you a few reasons why.

First of all, are you prepared in case there are complications with the pregnancy? I commonly will see dogs who are in need of a C-Section but the owners are not financially prepared. A C-Section can cost $1000-$3000 and most vets will not allow a payment plan for this.

Are you prepared if she will not nurse her puppies? If the mom refuses to nurse, then you will need to feed these puppies by hand every 1-3 hours around the clock.

A responsible breeder will take xrays to screen for hip and elbow dysplasia before breeding as well.

To answer your question, she can be bred any time after her vaccine, but she cannot receive vaccinations while she is pregnant.

Again, though, I would highly advise that you leave the breeding to people who do dog breeding as a profession!

Dog with swollen face. our dog woke up with a swollen face. i think that something might have bitten him. ... (11544 views)

Cancer or infection? My dog recently completed radiation therapy for a brain tumor and he handled the... (5235 views)

Lesion on cat's neck Hello, My cat had a lesion on his neck, it caused him no obvious pain. I... (8031 views)

Pit Bull won't eat. My 3 year old Pit Bull/Boxer mix isn't eating as normal. She was a rescued stray... (12900 views)

Itchy by tail Dr. Marie, my dog always kind of chews/bites/scratches under the right side of his... (6755 views)

How to help constipated cat. Our 10 year old cat is constipated. How can we help her? She tried to use the catbox... (5400 views)

Cat has high ALT. my cat was diagnosed with high alt liver enzyme and hi white blood cell count in... (29454 views)

Swollen muzzle in cat. Hello, I gave my cat food this morning and when she went to eat it, she made this... (9140 views)

Puppy has a small eye. my puppy has an eye defect it is smaller than the other and seems to be lazy it is... (20045 views)

Previous leg injury. Dear Dr Marie, Recently I've taken in a rescued Greyhound. I immediately noticed,... (14539 views)