Is my dog hypothyroid?

Breed: Bichon Frise
My bichon is obese. She weighs 35 lbs but is also taller than my other bichon who weighs 10 lbs. My question is that I took to a local vet
and they tested her thyroid. The test came back that she has a low count and needed to be on medicine. That was about 2 years ago. I being the bad pet owner did not continue getting the medicine. I know shame on me.
Anyway I took her recently to another vet and they tested her and it came back normal is that possible. She does not eat anymore food than my other bichon.

Thank You
Kathy

It's possible that the first thryoid reading was actually something called a sick euthyroid. Sometimes if a dog is fighting something else (such as a skin infection, or other illness) the T4 level will be low.

When I get a low T4 level I always confirm that this is hypothyroidism by doing additional tests. I only put a dog on medication if the additional thyroid profile tests confirm that it is necessary.

Lungworm from slugs? My dog just licked a small slug. Is there a possibility of a... (12949 views)

Not eating or using litter box. about 4 or 5 days ago my cat stopped eating and using the bethroom for about 2 days.... (17027 views)

Puppy vomited and became unresponsive. My puppy violet was out on her walk this afternoon and she started dry reaching and... (11859 views)

Can't bear weight. This isn't my pet, it is my sister in law's pet. Over the past few months, the dog... (9399 views)

Swollen paw pad. Max has had a swollen pad(front paw...the one further up the leg) for about a week.... (17965 views)

Vomiting after allergy injection My sister took my dog to the vet yesterday where she recieved a shot to stop itching... (18506 views)

Vomiting all food. My mom's adopted shelter cat, Luci, has a strange problem. It used to be nearly... (9009 views)

Dog has sore muscles. About 3 months ago, Ruby stopped jumping and running, she seems to be in pain when... (12937 views)

Dog is balding. can any1 give advice i got a staff dog male hes 4yrs old over the last 5 days hes... (10979 views)

Itchy dog. Hi Dr Marie, Recall my email a couple of weeks ago about Max and his... (10353 views)