Is my dog hypothyroid?

Breed: Bichon Frise
My bichon is obese. She weighs 35 lbs but is also taller than my other bichon who weighs 10 lbs. My question is that I took to a local vet
and they tested her thyroid. The test came back that she has a low count and needed to be on medicine. That was about 2 years ago. I being the bad pet owner did not continue getting the medicine. I know shame on me.
Anyway I took her recently to another vet and they tested her and it came back normal is that possible. She does not eat anymore food than my other bichon.

Thank You
Kathy

It's possible that the first thryoid reading was actually something called a sick euthyroid. Sometimes if a dog is fighting something else (such as a skin infection, or other illness) the T4 level will be low.

When I get a low T4 level I always confirm that this is hypothyroidism by doing additional tests. I only put a dog on medication if the additional thyroid profile tests confirm that it is necessary.

Wheezing then died. We adopted a cat from a family that could not keep him any longer because they just... (8495 views)

15 year old dog with kidney failure. My dog Gyppie had a bloody stool, large. We took her to the vet. He ran blood work,... (9262 views)

Is this a mouth tumor? Hi, Our cat has been doing poorly lately. She went for about a month eating once... (5168 views)

Vomiting Golden Retriever. I have a 8-year-old golden retriever that has been vomiting for the past 36 hours. ... (16463 views)

Losing weight, not eating. My 16 yr old cat has not been eating and losing weight. The vet has done bloodwork,... (40407 views)

Tapeworm pictures in a dog. I just discovered my dog has worms in her poop. She sleeps on our bed and where she... (42490 views)

Why do dogs eat grass? I recently moved and walk my dog around the new neighborhood. Two times now he has... (15949 views)

Why did my puppy die? Hello, I'm in the UK and I hope you can give me some idea as to why my seemingly... (12588 views)

Betadine on spay incision? My dog was spayed 3 days ago and I'm worried about the incision becoming infected.... (12507 views)

Possible cherry eye? My dog has red bags coming up from under his lower eye lids and covering half his... (8135 views)