Is my dog hypothyroid?

Breed: Bichon Frise
My bichon is obese. She weighs 35 lbs but is also taller than my other bichon who weighs 10 lbs. My question is that I took to a local vet
and they tested her thyroid. The test came back that she has a low count and needed to be on medicine. That was about 2 years ago. I being the bad pet owner did not continue getting the medicine. I know shame on me.
Anyway I took her recently to another vet and they tested her and it came back normal is that possible. She does not eat anymore food than my other bichon.

Thank You
Kathy

It's possible that the first thryoid reading was actually something called a sick euthyroid. Sometimes if a dog is fighting something else (such as a skin infection, or other illness) the T4 level will be low.

When I get a low T4 level I always confirm that this is hypothyroidism by doing additional tests. I only put a dog on medication if the additional thyroid profile tests confirm that it is necessary.

Thyroid cancer? Hello, about 10 months ago my dog started heavily panting while playing with her... (14148 views)

Revolution and fleas my dogs are treated with frontline and we brought home a kitten that was treated... (18814 views)

Vomiting and congested. Got a new kitten Older cat now is throwing up saliva in its mouth and has now... (29906 views)

Wounds not healing. My cat is mostly an indoor cat, but on occassion, he goes outside. Last time he went... (7046 views)

Is my cat pregnant? we just opened our home to a female stray cat. i estimated her to be a year old or... (12662 views)

Hamster with cushing's disease hi a am mina. i have 10 hamester. Unfortunately "blaki" (my Hamster) Maybe have... (12752 views)

Dog won't go downstairs. He is 5 years old, not less than 3 months. My pop up blocker wouldn't let me change... (26778 views)

Hypothyroidism? We have a 101 lbs. 7-year-old purebred Chocolate lab that has small to medium... (6490 views)

Treatments for constipated cat. Good morning Dr Marie, This is the second time I have used your service. I was... (6293 views)

Pug died after pooping blood. my female pug passed away between 4:00A.M. & 8:00 A.m. yesterday. She had never... (61332 views)