Is my dog hypothyroid?

Breed: Bichon Frise
My bichon is obese. She weighs 35 lbs but is also taller than my other bichon who weighs 10 lbs. My question is that I took to a local vet
and they tested her thyroid. The test came back that she has a low count and needed to be on medicine. That was about 2 years ago. I being the bad pet owner did not continue getting the medicine. I know shame on me.
Anyway I took her recently to another vet and they tested her and it came back normal is that possible. She does not eat anymore food than my other bichon.

Thank You
Kathy

It's possible that the first thryoid reading was actually something called a sick euthyroid. Sometimes if a dog is fighting something else (such as a skin infection, or other illness) the T4 level will be low.

When I get a low T4 level I always confirm that this is hypothyroidism by doing additional tests. I only put a dog on medication if the additional thyroid profile tests confirm that it is necessary.

My dog eats too fast. My dog eats too fast. He occasionally gags a bit or throws up shortly after eating,... (25220 views)

Arsenic in Rawhides? I've given my dogs rawhides for years with no problems--usually 1-2/day. They enjoy... (6697 views)

Rapid breathing while sleeping. I own a white female boxer. She born in oct. 30,2009. I notice when she's sleeping... (13279 views)

Is my dog in heat? my dog was really sick and she wouldnt eat. then after a few days she got better and... (32467 views)

Is aspirin safe for dogs? I bought the excel enteric coated aspirin 81mg each for my 85lb husky. I don't know... (16467 views)

Anal sac abscess. my dogs butt is very pouched out and red and leaking pus what can i do for my little... (12130 views)

Infection after cherry eye surgery? Chewy had successful cherry eye surgery about 3 months ago. Vet has closed. I... (14258 views)

Found bug in dog's ear. Hello, My name is Karroll I have a 4 year old Chihuahua. Lattly he has been... (9560 views)

Can dog get Hepatitis C? can dogs contract hep c from biting someone that has it? ... (25814 views)

Red bumps on puppy's belly. Hi, our Border Collie puppy has these red bumps on her belly. They are real red and... (75674 views)