My cat's eye is foggy.

Breed: Calico
My cat Paisley is 10 months old and her eye is foggy, her ears and nose are very cold. Do you know what is going on? Can you help?

This is a tough question to answer without being able to see Paisley's eye. If you'd like to respond I can give you a link to send me a picture which may help me figure out what is going on.

If the eye seems to have a crusty discharge then this is likely an infection. It could have been started with an upper respiratory virus. If there is a green or yellow discharge then she will need to see the vet for some antibiotics.

If you are noticing that the front of the eye is blue then this is called corneal edema. Corneal edema is usually caused by an injury to the eye. It could be that she had a scratch on her eye and now it is scarring.

In either case, any time there is a problem with an eye I recommend a vet visit right away.

Indestructible dog toys. Hi Dr, Fortunately I'm not writing about an illness. Since his neutering Max... (10453 views)

Sick Golden Dr., I try to keep this short: My kids golden, 7+ years old, got lyme like 3... (6709 views)

Excessive drooling. My Puggle started drooling a few days ago and I assumed she had gotten a red ant or... (22367 views)

Diarrhea after having puppies. is it nomal for a dog to have the runs after giving birth to 11 puppies a week... (25168 views)

Cat has vomiting and diarrhea. Hi my cat is about one year old and we feed him and give him water everday but he... (13215 views)

Recurring ear infections in Golden. My dog is a 90 pound Golden Retriever. He has had a lot of problems with ear... (19820 views)

Pattern baldness in dogs. Hi Dr. Marie, I have noticed that over the last few months my dog seems to be... (10280 views)

Should I get an ultrasound? Dear Dr. Marie, My dog has a grade 3-4 heart murmur that she’s had her whole... (9511 views)

Ate tag from pillow case. My dog ate a tag like the one on a pillow what should i... (9562 views)

How long does a dog stay in heat? How long does she stay in heat? and how often? thanks have a blessed... (8582 views)