My cat's eye is foggy.

Breed: Calico
My cat Paisley is 10 months old and her eye is foggy, her ears and nose are very cold. Do you know what is going on? Can you help?

This is a tough question to answer without being able to see Paisley's eye. If you'd like to respond I can give you a link to send me a picture which may help me figure out what is going on.

If the eye seems to have a crusty discharge then this is likely an infection. It could have been started with an upper respiratory virus. If there is a green or yellow discharge then she will need to see the vet for some antibiotics.

If you are noticing that the front of the eye is blue then this is called corneal edema. Corneal edema is usually caused by an injury to the eye. It could be that she had a scratch on her eye and now it is scarring.

In either case, any time there is a problem with an eye I recommend a vet visit right away.

Dog ate goat feces. Hello, We had a baby goat that contracted tetanus. Before we knew he was sick, he... (8508 views)

Swollen gums in dog. in end june of 2009 , gingivitus like symptoms appeared in my dog . the vet did... (18454 views)

Should dog have a liver biopsy? My dog, Zora, was adopted from a rescue group in CA so we don't know much about her... (9496 views)

Crusty ears on a cat. My just over 3 month old, 100% indoor kitten has some crustiness on both tip/edge of... (20824 views)

Damaged intestines? A few weeks ago I busted Diesel eating berries off a tree in the back yard. I told... (10938 views)

Swollen paw in a cat. My year old cat's right paw is bloated , I tried to look more closely and the fur... (18999 views)

White tongue after neuter. My dog got neutered couple of days ago and seems to be recovering fine. He is eating... (9798 views)

Itchy legs. Kirsty was diagnosed with a skin allergey just after one year which has been... (4156 views)

Kitten eating her feces. My kitten keeps eating her own poo and vomiting it back up and i dont know why... (10664 views)

Dose of interceptor? I have a new puppy... he's 8 weeks old and weighs 4.6 lbs. I live in Florida which... (10565 views)