My cat's eye is foggy.

Breed: Calico
My cat Paisley is 10 months old and her eye is foggy, her ears and nose are very cold. Do you know what is going on? Can you help?

This is a tough question to answer without being able to see Paisley's eye. If you'd like to respond I can give you a link to send me a picture which may help me figure out what is going on.

If the eye seems to have a crusty discharge then this is likely an infection. It could have been started with an upper respiratory virus. If there is a green or yellow discharge then she will need to see the vet for some antibiotics.

If you are noticing that the front of the eye is blue then this is called corneal edema. Corneal edema is usually caused by an injury to the eye. It could be that she had a scratch on her eye and now it is scarring.

In either case, any time there is a problem with an eye I recommend a vet visit right away.

Limping cat. My cat is limping, she is not putting weight on her left hind leg. She isn't cut or... (19920 views)

Lump near penis. I have a one year old male dashund dog. He got all his shots. For two days he... (9018 views)

Problems after ear cleaning. I took my cat to the vet about three weeks ago to his ears flushed out because he... (10956 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea. Is my dog dying? My dog vomitted yesterday, then she had a very loose stool in my kitchen. She never... (32164 views)

Raw skin on nose. My dog has a dry and flaky nose. It is constantly running (clear liquid but from him... (5039 views)

Vomiting dog. Our vet has told us that Lola won't digest all her food and empty her stomach in the... (7205 views)

Retrobulbar abscess My 3 year old, female border collie was treated late yesterday for a retrobulbar... (9985 views)

Swelling on ear. My 2 year old male beagle has a bump on his outer ear flap which resembles the post... (7132 views)

Red sores on mouth. My dog has developed sores or bubbley looking things round her mouth. They get... (13822 views)

Dog can't move hind legs. What happens if your dog can't move her hind legs without them sliding out from... (14230 views)