My cat's eye is foggy.

Breed: Calico
My cat Paisley is 10 months old and her eye is foggy, her ears and nose are very cold. Do you know what is going on? Can you help?

This is a tough question to answer without being able to see Paisley's eye. If you'd like to respond I can give you a link to send me a picture which may help me figure out what is going on.

If the eye seems to have a crusty discharge then this is likely an infection. It could have been started with an upper respiratory virus. If there is a green or yellow discharge then she will need to see the vet for some antibiotics.

If you are noticing that the front of the eye is blue then this is called corneal edema. Corneal edema is usually caused by an injury to the eye. It could be that she had a scratch on her eye and now it is scarring.

In either case, any time there is a problem with an eye I recommend a vet visit right away.

Cats pooping on the carpet. I have 2 beautiful, loving cats (male/female) 6 years old. They are siblings from... (15852 views)

Dog bleeding from anus. My dog is slightly bleeding from her anus, but it isn't noticeable until she sits... (28408 views)

Metacam for cancer pain. I have a 13 year old Birman female cat, never really been sick in her life. We... (14499 views)

Wart on a cat? Hello. I found a small bump on my cat's throat a few months ago. It has gotten... (16670 views)

Xray for hip dysplasia? Hi Dr, I was just wondering as a rule whether I should have Max x-rayed to check... (5003 views)

Vomiting every time she eats. My cat is throwing up every time she eats, what is the... (16733 views)

Great Dane not eating. Dr. Marie, my dog molly just recently started not eating dog food or drinking and... (9670 views)

Dog licking everything My dog has recently started compulsivley licking his paws/us/anything else he can... (13103 views)

Is this Pemphigus? My cat Loki is a 4 yr old, neutered male. Over the past 2 years he has been getting... (7420 views)

Cat hardly eating. my cat has recemtly been in the catery. since returning she has hardly eaten and is... (9416 views)