My cat's eye is foggy.

Breed: Calico
My cat Paisley is 10 months old and her eye is foggy, her ears and nose are very cold. Do you know what is going on? Can you help?

This is a tough question to answer without being able to see Paisley's eye. If you'd like to respond I can give you a link to send me a picture which may help me figure out what is going on.

If the eye seems to have a crusty discharge then this is likely an infection. It could have been started with an upper respiratory virus. If there is a green or yellow discharge then she will need to see the vet for some antibiotics.

If you are noticing that the front of the eye is blue then this is called corneal edema. Corneal edema is usually caused by an injury to the eye. It could be that she had a scratch on her eye and now it is scarring.

In either case, any time there is a problem with an eye I recommend a vet visit right away.

Deaf and pooping in house. My cat is now about 15 years old and is in relatively good condition apart from the... (13046 views)

Accident in bed. Hi Dr. Marie, I am writing to you because Max (who normally sleeps in our bed at... (12225 views)

Nursing cat has no milk. she has difficulty producing milk; one time losing milk early, the second she... (13596 views)

Swollen eyelid. My dog had one lower eyelid swollen inside. I discover this after she had... (21159 views)

Remove baby teeth with spay? Hello, My wife's puppy is 9 months old. she weighs 3.6 pounds. She needs to get... (14810 views)

Drooling and not eating. My female cat, Patches, has been with me since I was young. She has never been to a... (17221 views)

Dog pulling hair out of wrist. Well, Looks like there was an infection and he's on zeniquin 100 for 14d now.... (28694 views)

Head tremors and bloody discharge. Dear Dr. Marie my fiance Melissa contacted you friday 02/26/2010 about are cat... (11436 views)

Yorkie having seizures. my dog has fits his back legs go stiff he then starts panting excessively his fur is... (11261 views)

Severe liver problems. I took Dillinger to vet on Friday, and after a blood test and urine analysis the vet... (9601 views)