My cat's eye is foggy.

Breed: Calico
My cat Paisley is 10 months old and her eye is foggy, her ears and nose are very cold. Do you know what is going on? Can you help?

This is a tough question to answer without being able to see Paisley's eye. If you'd like to respond I can give you a link to send me a picture which may help me figure out what is going on.

If the eye seems to have a crusty discharge then this is likely an infection. It could have been started with an upper respiratory virus. If there is a green or yellow discharge then she will need to see the vet for some antibiotics.

If you are noticing that the front of the eye is blue then this is called corneal edema. Corneal edema is usually caused by an injury to the eye. It could be that she had a scratch on her eye and now it is scarring.

In either case, any time there is a problem with an eye I recommend a vet visit right away.

Sore hips in 1 year old cat. I have a 1 year old cat and she has had "stiff back legs" since we got her at 8... (12829 views)

Clavaseptin and diarrhea. My puppy recently had to spend a night at the vet, we are pretty sure he just ate... (13808 views)

Down in the hock. Hello, About two weeks ago I came home from being away a couple of hours and... (5707 views)

Maltese has bald spot on head. We have a two year old Maltese that had a small bald spot on her head when we got... (11814 views)

Is pinkeye contagious to pets? My husband just contracted pink eye. Is it possible for him to spread it to our dog... (27796 views)

Can dogs get colds? Lady is currently still at a pet store but she is a sweet puppy and we've had our... (7259 views)

Dog with small pink lump. My dog has a smallish lump on her back which is sort of pinkish in colour but dosn't... (18327 views)

Anal sac problems. When I cane home form work I noticed that my dog was bleeding from her anus. I took... (65835 views)

Gunk in cat's eyes. hi my cat has had her vaccination today but now noticed there gunk coming out of her... (6493 views)

One small testicle. I have a 25 week old male pup who had 2 normal testicles at 8 weeks old. At about 10... (20468 views)