My cat's eye is foggy.

Breed: Calico
My cat Paisley is 10 months old and her eye is foggy, her ears and nose are very cold. Do you know what is going on? Can you help?

This is a tough question to answer without being able to see Paisley's eye. If you'd like to respond I can give you a link to send me a picture which may help me figure out what is going on.

If the eye seems to have a crusty discharge then this is likely an infection. It could have been started with an upper respiratory virus. If there is a green or yellow discharge then she will need to see the vet for some antibiotics.

If you are noticing that the front of the eye is blue then this is called corneal edema. Corneal edema is usually caused by an injury to the eye. It could be that she had a scratch on her eye and now it is scarring.

In either case, any time there is a problem with an eye I recommend a vet visit right away.

Runny eyes in a persian. Hi there I just recently got Chewey who is a extreme flat face persian and his eyes... (22261 views)

Urinating outside of box. Hi there, I have two cats, a male (Duke, long haired tabby) and female (Bella,... (10849 views)

Not eating and vomiting. Since saturday our terrior cross hasn't been eating her food,and drinking alot. We... (10321 views)

Introducing kittens. Hi Dr. Marie, My name is Lauren, and I'm from Australia - I hope I haven't woken... (9532 views)

Trembling chihuahua. SHE HAS BEEN TREMBLING FOR 2 DAYS AND HAS NOT EATEN FOR FOR 2 DAYS. OTHERWISE SHE... (11845 views)

Older dog liver problems. We gave a 13 year old Maltese. He has had liver shunts and since he was 3 months we... (14411 views)

Can we give benadryl for allergic reaction? My 9 month old boxer puppy has been stung by a bee or bees, we think in his mouth. ... (12675 views)

Heart rate for a cat. Dear Dr.Marie I was just wondering THE TRUTH behind what a cats average heart... (13783 views)

Dog cowers and pees. my dog seems afraid of me when i call her over she cowers and pees when she walks... (15984 views)

Will spay terminate pregnancy? It is a possibility my dog might be pregnant. But my mom wants to get her spayed... (16632 views)