Tail tip injury.

Breed:
our dog is golden retriever 5 years old, he had happy tail and somehow cut the tip of his tail , so we saw about thing about making a sling that straps around his wast and ties the tail down between his legs, we would take it off at night and use during so he didnt keep breaking open his sore on the end of his tail, we used for apprx 4 days then the 5th day he wouldnt wag his tail at all or even raise it up, when we touch the top part of his tail or try to lift it it seems to hurt him, not real bad just not unconfortable, what do you think?

I would highly advise having a vet take a look at Max's tail. It's possible that he has broken a vertebra in the tail. Or, it's possible that there is some nerve damage in his spine. It's also possible that he has an infection at the tip.

The vet will likely want to take some xrays. If all is well they can show you how to keep the end properly covered.

Sorry that I can't give you better advice online, but it really sounds like this dog needs to see the vet!

No bowel movements after parvo. I have a seven month old poodle mix puppy with parvovirus. He was a puppy someone... (25065 views)

Will neutering stop a dog peeing on things? hi i my dog pisses on everything well getting him fixes stop that thanks... (10466 views)

Starting pay of a vet. I'm a student hoping to study Vet Med but I might need to get student loan for the... (5751 views)

Will spay terminate pregnancy? It is a possibility my dog might be pregnant. But my mom wants to get her spayed... (14353 views)

Cushing's and panting. I saw where you advised a person on dog breathing problems, that is could be... (40851 views)

Coughing and liver problems. Hi there! We are hoping that you can lend us some advice with our baby. Our... (13301 views)

Why is my dog limping? hello we have just woke up this morning and found my american bulldog limping on his... (41365 views)

Dental cleaning extend dog's life? My Pug Chocko has a tooth that feels loose. I think it's his lower central incisor... (6711 views)

Benadryl for dogs How much Benadryl can I give my dog? I think he is having an allergic reaction to a... (14700 views)

Double dose Metacam. We accidently gave our dog two doses of metacam. He is 80 pounds. We give him 1.5... (47746 views)