Tail tip injury.

Breed:
our dog is golden retriever 5 years old, he had happy tail and somehow cut the tip of his tail , so we saw about thing about making a sling that straps around his wast and ties the tail down between his legs, we would take it off at night and use during so he didnt keep breaking open his sore on the end of his tail, we used for apprx 4 days then the 5th day he wouldnt wag his tail at all or even raise it up, when we touch the top part of his tail or try to lift it it seems to hurt him, not real bad just not unconfortable, what do you think?

I would highly advise having a vet take a look at Max's tail. It's possible that he has broken a vertebra in the tail. Or, it's possible that there is some nerve damage in his spine. It's also possible that he has an infection at the tip.

The vet will likely want to take some xrays. If all is well they can show you how to keep the end properly covered.

Sorry that I can't give you better advice online, but it really sounds like this dog needs to see the vet!

Kitten not pooping. Hi Dr. Marie. I recently just brought a young kitten home and he is probably 4... (9640 views)

Trouble walking. On Wednesday evening we called our dogs for dinnertime, and our 10 year old Alaskan... (15999 views)

Senior cat losing weight. Hello, My cat is 11 or 12 years old (he was a rescue kitty I inherited, so I'm... (4789 views)

Dog shedding like crazy. my dog is shedding like crazy year round what should i do? ... (9906 views)

Shaking, Limping dog. yest. my dog was laying down inside my garage later on i noticed that she was... (23001 views)

Dog can't stand. Vera is unable to stand on her back legs. She also cannot climb on to sofas or... (8976 views)

Parvo virus vaccine question. can dogs get parvo even if they are vaccinated?... (8723 views)

Older dog won't eat. My dog is a mutt, 14yrs old, and has been acting strangely as of late. She doesn't... (9675 views)

Limping boston terrier. hi my boston terrier wont put any weight on his back right foot. It started of only... (20909 views)

My dog ate goose poop. Dr, Max was walking in the park today and picked up what I believe was an old... (94428 views)