Tail tip injury.

Breed:
our dog is golden retriever 5 years old, he had happy tail and somehow cut the tip of his tail , so we saw about thing about making a sling that straps around his wast and ties the tail down between his legs, we would take it off at night and use during so he didnt keep breaking open his sore on the end of his tail, we used for apprx 4 days then the 5th day he wouldnt wag his tail at all or even raise it up, when we touch the top part of his tail or try to lift it it seems to hurt him, not real bad just not unconfortable, what do you think?

I would highly advise having a vet take a look at Max's tail. It's possible that he has broken a vertebra in the tail. Or, it's possible that there is some nerve damage in his spine. It's also possible that he has an infection at the tip.

The vet will likely want to take some xrays. If all is well they can show you how to keep the end properly covered.

Sorry that I can't give you better advice online, but it really sounds like this dog needs to see the vet!

Bumps around anus. Itchiness and swollen bumps "cauliflower" looking around her vagina and anus. She... (53752 views)

Chicken fillets by Beefeaters. Dear Dr. Marie, I have a 10 y.o. Black and Tan Coonhound and he just loves... (12990 views)

Limping after cat fight. Hello, My cat recently had a fight with another cat. Now he is limping on his left... (10343 views)

Guinea Pig heat cycle. my female guinea pig has a swollen vulva which is very red. this happens once every... (31295 views)

Recall on Hill's food? My cat got I'll suddenly three weeks ago. Committing, lethargy, diarrhea , lack of... (4754 views)

Sudden bulldog death. Hello Dr. Marie, I own a boarding kennel and have for fifteen years. We pride... (26671 views)

Sore leg in 16 year old cat. Hello We have a cat that is about 16 years old. The last couple of days she has... (5128 views)

Cat drinks from fish bowl. Hi! My cat isn't(as far as I can tell) sick at all, but rather I'm wondering... (43869 views)

Anxious at night time. Okay, So this is a slightly weird question but it is one that is extremely... (31560 views)

Small open wound on dog Our min pin lives out in country with us. We have enclosed 1/2 acre fenced area. She... (13634 views)