Tail tip injury.

Breed:
our dog is golden retriever 5 years old, he had happy tail and somehow cut the tip of his tail , so we saw about thing about making a sling that straps around his wast and ties the tail down between his legs, we would take it off at night and use during so he didnt keep breaking open his sore on the end of his tail, we used for apprx 4 days then the 5th day he wouldnt wag his tail at all or even raise it up, when we touch the top part of his tail or try to lift it it seems to hurt him, not real bad just not unconfortable, what do you think?

I would highly advise having a vet take a look at Max's tail. It's possible that he has broken a vertebra in the tail. Or, it's possible that there is some nerve damage in his spine. It's also possible that he has an infection at the tip.

The vet will likely want to take some xrays. If all is well they can show you how to keep the end properly covered.

Sorry that I can't give you better advice online, but it really sounds like this dog needs to see the vet!

Is celery safe for rabbits? is it okey to feed my rabbits celery? i did research on what veggies to feed my... (8060 views)

Best ear cleaner? i would like to know which solution is better to use, oti-clens or... (4987 views)

Kidney problems in ferret. Hi there, I am the owner of a ferret male, 2.5 years old, who in the last week,... (10339 views)

Why do dogs eat grass? I recently moved and walk my dog around the new neighborhood. Two times now he has... (12393 views)

Blood in stool. hi lucky just went poop outside and he did liquidy bright red blood iam not sure... (39247 views)

Non healing abscess I'm sorry I had to choose the free option, but I'm skint because of the ongoing vet... (6112 views)

Front leg and neck pain. Hi, I noticed last Thursday my dog being uncomfortable and by Saturday he started... (10025 views)

Diarrhea with canned food. We have only had goliath for 5 months. all my other cats I would give them a little... (3993 views)

Corn in dog food. I have heard that corn is bad in dog food. Also that alfalfa, brewers yeast, and... (13278 views)

Peeing in house. We live in a 2 story 5 bedroom house. I have a male 14 year old pure bred Ragdoll... (7251 views)