Tail tip injury.

Breed:
our dog is golden retriever 5 years old, he had happy tail and somehow cut the tip of his tail , so we saw about thing about making a sling that straps around his wast and ties the tail down between his legs, we would take it off at night and use during so he didnt keep breaking open his sore on the end of his tail, we used for apprx 4 days then the 5th day he wouldnt wag his tail at all or even raise it up, when we touch the top part of his tail or try to lift it it seems to hurt him, not real bad just not unconfortable, what do you think?

I would highly advise having a vet take a look at Max's tail. It's possible that he has broken a vertebra in the tail. Or, it's possible that there is some nerve damage in his spine. It's also possible that he has an infection at the tip.

The vet will likely want to take some xrays. If all is well they can show you how to keep the end properly covered.

Sorry that I can't give you better advice online, but it really sounds like this dog needs to see the vet!

Not eating losing weight. Age: 13 months Weight: 8 1/2 pounds He was 9 pounds, but lost half a pound in May.... (4695 views)

Strange problem with cat. I am having a serious issue. I have an 11 year old female indoor cat, never fixed. ... (9620 views)

Can a neutered dog breed? Hi, I have a 2 year old chihuahua weighs 4 pounds named Frenchy Fry. I nuetered him... (26213 views)

Third eyelids in cats. my cat having an eye problem...her eye close half by some kind of white thing...i... (58041 views)

Very itchy dog. My sweet Molly has a skin infection my recent visit to the vet diagnosed it as... (4877 views)

Eye infection in feral cat I have a feral colony. A few of them had URI symptoms which were quite bad and... (8638 views)

Heat symptoms pregnant cat. My cat is pregnant but still acting like she's in season, this has been going on now... (5633 views)

Sunscreen for cats and dogs. My cat is a white cat and he loves to lounge in the sun. I was wondering if you... (13531 views)

Hair loss and hyperthyroidism. Dear Dr. Marie, I have had my cat Cody for five years. He was a stray cat who was... (15859 views)

Pig ears and diarrhea. Hi, My dog gets occasional diarrhea, like twice a week maybe, I had to take her... (13922 views)