Tail tip injury.

Breed:
our dog is golden retriever 5 years old, he had happy tail and somehow cut the tip of his tail , so we saw about thing about making a sling that straps around his wast and ties the tail down between his legs, we would take it off at night and use during so he didnt keep breaking open his sore on the end of his tail, we used for apprx 4 days then the 5th day he wouldnt wag his tail at all or even raise it up, when we touch the top part of his tail or try to lift it it seems to hurt him, not real bad just not unconfortable, what do you think?

I would highly advise having a vet take a look at Max's tail. It's possible that he has broken a vertebra in the tail. Or, it's possible that there is some nerve damage in his spine. It's also possible that he has an infection at the tip.

The vet will likely want to take some xrays. If all is well they can show you how to keep the end properly covered.

Sorry that I can't give you better advice online, but it really sounds like this dog needs to see the vet!

Dog ate battery fluid. My dog chewed up a AA battery. It doesn't appear that she ingested any pieces of it... (16692 views)

Elevated kidney enzymes. I brought my dog, Trixie (10 year old Shih Tzu) in this morning for her yearly... (18593 views)

Yorkie has tartar on teeth. I have recently noticed that masey has tartar buildin up on her teeth, iv gave her... (8118 views)

Bleach got on dog's skin. Our child picked up some 2% bleach cleaning solution and sprayed it into our dog... (17157 views)

Pregnant 10 month old dog. my mini doberman is 10 months and shes pregnant can she die? and how many dogs can... (13257 views)

Red spots My dog has been developed having red spot (lots of round and red spot with hair loss... (35056 views)

Shih Tzu not eating. He stopped eating 6 days ago. Yesterday the vet said temperature, fecal, urine,... (31924 views)

Cat not eating much. Hi. My cat as some allergy problems since he is allergic to turkey and corn. For the... (10993 views)

Kitten can't hold head up. I recently found a abandoned kitten and took it into my house. I've had for a week... (11929 views)

Should we euthanize? Hershey was diagnosed with lymphoma today. He has two large swollen nodes under his... (14484 views)