Very thirsty dog.

Breed: Labrador
My 13 year old spayed female lab is continually drinking water, can't seem to get enough. She also has incontinence, so for 1 month I gave her Proin, but that didn't slow down the dribbling and drinking. Several years ago she had both ACLs repaired, so I know she is in some pain, so they also had her on 75mg of Derramax one time a day thinking she just wasn't getting up because of her pain plus she is getting 1500 mg of Condrotin/Glucosome treats daily. Well, I can't afford over $55 every two weeks for her pain medicine, so do you have any suggestions or ideas on what I can do?
This is very nice of all of you giving your time to visit with people

This is a question that I don't think I can address well in the free section as there are a lot of variables.

But, I wanted to point out that if your dog is this thirsty then she has an issue that is more than just incontinence. She may have either diabetes or kidney disease or possible cushing's disease. Unfortunately all of these are serious conditions.

It sounds like she will need to have some blood work done.

If you'd like to discuss her case more, you can ask a question by choosing one of the paid options here.

Immodium overdose? I may have overdosed my chihuahua on immodium ad yesterday. I gave her a humans dose... (25677 views)

Rabies from my dog? my 70 days old cocker spaniel bit my toe and there ws little bleeding and i cleaned... (5986 views)

Spay 7 year old dog? Shadow my "daughter" is 7 years old. She is NOT spayed. Recently, I noticed a... (19366 views)

Seizure and diarrhea. Hi. My dog had a seizure this morning. her legs started shaking but she still had... (31769 views)

Coughing kitten. I have a 6 wk old rescued kitten who in the past 2 days has developed a horrible... (15466 views)

Allergic reaction. Harley is having the following symptoms. Shaking head regularly licking... (5690 views)

Vomiting and not eating. My shepherd mix, Beanie, is 8 years old, weighs about 44 pounds, and has always been... (8631 views)

Dog playing with a bat - rabies? My new puppy 7 weeks old has just has a few of his early shots. He was just in the... (37433 views)

Leaking urine after swimming. I have a 5 year old female (spayed) Golden Doodle. We take her swimming several... (28732 views)

Guinea pig noises. Heys! I have only one guinea pig and she is female. Sometimes my guinea pig makes... (11572 views)