Very thirsty dog.

Breed: Labrador
My 13 year old spayed female lab is continually drinking water, can't seem to get enough. She also has incontinence, so for 1 month I gave her Proin, but that didn't slow down the dribbling and drinking. Several years ago she had both ACLs repaired, so I know she is in some pain, so they also had her on 75mg of Derramax one time a day thinking she just wasn't getting up because of her pain plus she is getting 1500 mg of Condrotin/Glucosome treats daily. Well, I can't afford over $55 every two weeks for her pain medicine, so do you have any suggestions or ideas on what I can do?
This is very nice of all of you giving your time to visit with people

This is a question that I don't think I can address well in the free section as there are a lot of variables.

But, I wanted to point out that if your dog is this thirsty then she has an issue that is more than just incontinence. She may have either diabetes or kidney disease or possible cushing's disease. Unfortunately all of these are serious conditions.

It sounds like she will need to have some blood work done.

If you'd like to discuss her case more, you can ask a question by choosing one of the paid options here.

Megacolon cat with problems. Addie was diagnosed with megacolon at age 2. The vet prescribed medications - I... (7096 views)

Not well after vaccines. Had rabies distemper & bord shots fri Gave her frontline & heartguard yest night.... (6832 views)

Aggressive cat My cat attacked me out of the blue today. This is very much out of character for... (18764 views)

Watery diarrhea. My cat has had consistent diarrhea and vomiting for some time. Her vet began... (3405 views)

Cat losing fur on belly. Over the past month my eldest cat has lost a lot of her fur on her belly and back... (56793 views)

Homemade chicken jerky treats for dogs. Hi Dr. Marie, If you do choose to answer my questions, I thank you so much in... (3811 views)

White bumps on anus. Hi Dr. Marie, I know you are quite busy with all your other questions and I am... (14521 views)

Boyfriend doesn't want to neuter dog. My boyfriend and I are arguing about whether to get our dog neutered. He is a pit... (7664 views)

Tapeworms in cat. I've been using drontal deworming xl tablets to treat my cat with tapeworms also... (4712 views)

Sniffling, sneezing cat. For the past two days our cat has been constantly sniffling and sneezing and has... (44220 views)