Very thirsty dog.

Breed: Labrador
My 13 year old spayed female lab is continually drinking water, can't seem to get enough. She also has incontinence, so for 1 month I gave her Proin, but that didn't slow down the dribbling and drinking. Several years ago she had both ACLs repaired, so I know she is in some pain, so they also had her on 75mg of Derramax one time a day thinking she just wasn't getting up because of her pain plus she is getting 1500 mg of Condrotin/Glucosome treats daily. Well, I can't afford over $55 every two weeks for her pain medicine, so do you have any suggestions or ideas on what I can do?
This is very nice of all of you giving your time to visit with people

This is a question that I don't think I can address well in the free section as there are a lot of variables.

But, I wanted to point out that if your dog is this thirsty then she has an issue that is more than just incontinence. She may have either diabetes or kidney disease or possible cushing's disease. Unfortunately all of these are serious conditions.

It sounds like she will need to have some blood work done.

If you'd like to discuss her case more, you can ask a question by choosing one of the paid options here.

Sneezing dog. My 1 year old Chihuahua has been sneezing and reverse sneezing for the last couple... (19011 views)

Lyme vaccine and testing. Hi, I took missy to the vet yesterday for her lyme vaccination booster shot and then... (7499 views)

Sick kitten is not eating. my kitten keeps being sick and hasnt eaten any thing in the last 3 days apart from a... (6181 views)

Side effects of Trilostane. Buddy was diagnosed with Cushings Disease about 5 weeks ago. He had extensive blood... (8651 views)

Itchy red welts on belly. Hi. I have a 4 month old 25lb American Pit Bull puppy name Vino. For the last past... (16559 views)

Small dog ate large dog Trifexis. I gave my 3 dogs trifexis yesterday. My larger dog take the dose for 40.1 to 60... (13721 views)

Sores on dog's leg. My dog recently got theses two sores on her back leg, one bigger than the other. Its... (6088 views)

Wheezing kitten. Hi! I found Trinity a week or two ago. She was very friendly but looked (and... (5278 views)

Large lymph nodes in a cat. My cat Miko seems to have swollen lymph nodes under her neck. They've been like that... (33464 views)

Matts on my cat I have a long hair cat with alot of matted hair. I also got L'oreal tangle tamer for... (4657 views)