Very thirsty dog.

Breed: Labrador
My 13 year old spayed female lab is continually drinking water, can't seem to get enough. She also has incontinence, so for 1 month I gave her Proin, but that didn't slow down the dribbling and drinking. Several years ago she had both ACLs repaired, so I know she is in some pain, so they also had her on 75mg of Derramax one time a day thinking she just wasn't getting up because of her pain plus she is getting 1500 mg of Condrotin/Glucosome treats daily. Well, I can't afford over $55 every two weeks for her pain medicine, so do you have any suggestions or ideas on what I can do?
This is very nice of all of you giving your time to visit with people

This is a question that I don't think I can address well in the free section as there are a lot of variables.

But, I wanted to point out that if your dog is this thirsty then she has an issue that is more than just incontinence. She may have either diabetes or kidney disease or possible cushing's disease. Unfortunately all of these are serious conditions.

It sounds like she will need to have some blood work done.

If you'd like to discuss her case more, you can ask a question by choosing one of the paid options here.

Arthritis medicine for dogs. Zoey recently has been having trouble walking. I think it may be her hips? She does... (5984 views)

Swollen hip in Golden. We inherited him from my father-in-law 2 years ago, he was very much over weight so... (4384 views)

Ear cropping for boxers? should a boxers ear be cut off or let them grow? and my pets name is not any of your... (7731 views)

Puppy died suddenly. Dakota was playful, looked energetic and happy thursday morning. by dinner time the... (22115 views)

Brown staining around pee area. The area around her pee area is really brown and dirty I have cleaned it off but I... (107712 views)

How long does a dog stay in heat? How long does she stay in heat? and how often? thanks have a blessed... (7970 views)

My dog vomited. Max just threw up. Probably not serous but wanted to check. 30 min ago he was... (10449 views)

Non healing abscess I'm sorry I had to choose the free option, but I'm skint because of the ongoing vet... (6667 views)

Sore eye in a dog. Hi, My Yorkie's left eye is squinting; it looks like she can't open it. She has... (23432 views)

Vomited up chew toy. My dog had diarrhea and threw up last night. She's crated at night and when I got... (17675 views)