Very thirsty dog.

Breed: Labrador
My 13 year old spayed female lab is continually drinking water, can't seem to get enough. She also has incontinence, so for 1 month I gave her Proin, but that didn't slow down the dribbling and drinking. Several years ago she had both ACLs repaired, so I know she is in some pain, so they also had her on 75mg of Derramax one time a day thinking she just wasn't getting up because of her pain plus she is getting 1500 mg of Condrotin/Glucosome treats daily. Well, I can't afford over $55 every two weeks for her pain medicine, so do you have any suggestions or ideas on what I can do?
This is very nice of all of you giving your time to visit with people

This is a question that I don't think I can address well in the free section as there are a lot of variables.

But, I wanted to point out that if your dog is this thirsty then she has an issue that is more than just incontinence. She may have either diabetes or kidney disease or possible cushing's disease. Unfortunately all of these are serious conditions.

It sounds like she will need to have some blood work done.

If you'd like to discuss her case more, you can ask a question by choosing one of the paid options here.

Nature's Deli Chicken Jerky. Has anyone had a problem with Nature’s Deli chicken Jerky Dog Treats (from Denver,... (8125 views)

Bathed dog in gasoline. my dog's losing a lot of hair and her skin shows discoloration.when i was away for... (19237 views)

Puppy knuckling on back legs. Hi I have a pug who is 5 months old, he was fine until about 2 week ago. He started... (8901 views)

Boxer splitting open tail. I have a 2 year old boxer and she keeps splitting her tail open is it necessary to... (7759 views)

medicine for collapsing trachea We are leaving for a car trip with Skiggy. She has a collapsable larynx and gets... (11000 views)

Thinking of getting a malamute. hi, i currently have a malchi. he is part maltese part chihuahua. i have been... (11152 views)

Beagle has lots of problems. I found my Beagle Lucky as a stray almost a year ago, he is around 4 years old. I... (7750 views)

Trouble going to the bathroom. First off i want to say i really wish i could do the paid option so i could for sure... (9617 views)

White eye discharge in Guinea Pig. i have a guinea pig and she has lost alot of weight and shes not her self, she has... (15577 views)

Hair loss around eyes. Recently my maltese is loosing hair around his eyes. I have been feeding him the... (15957 views)