Very thirsty dog.

Breed: Labrador
My 13 year old spayed female lab is continually drinking water, can't seem to get enough. She also has incontinence, so for 1 month I gave her Proin, but that didn't slow down the dribbling and drinking. Several years ago she had both ACLs repaired, so I know she is in some pain, so they also had her on 75mg of Derramax one time a day thinking she just wasn't getting up because of her pain plus she is getting 1500 mg of Condrotin/Glucosome treats daily. Well, I can't afford over $55 every two weeks for her pain medicine, so do you have any suggestions or ideas on what I can do?
This is very nice of all of you giving your time to visit with people

This is a question that I don't think I can address well in the free section as there are a lot of variables.

But, I wanted to point out that if your dog is this thirsty then she has an issue that is more than just incontinence. She may have either diabetes or kidney disease or possible cushing's disease. Unfortunately all of these are serious conditions.

It sounds like she will need to have some blood work done.

If you'd like to discuss her case more, you can ask a question by choosing one of the paid options here.

Ovariectomy vs. Ovariohysterectomy. My beautiful little girl had a lump near one of her lower nipples last week. After... (6780 views)

Clumsy,wobbly yorkiepoo. My son put my 11 month old yorkiepoo outside yesterday and he didn't let him back in... (12853 views)

Painful erection for dog. Help Dr Marie, My puppy is not neutered and three or four times I have found him... (16472 views)

Dog ate sanitary pad About a month ago my dog got into the trash and chewed up some sanitary napkins. He ... (5155 views)

Allergic reaction to vaccines. He just got all his shots this morning and has been vomiting since and his face is... (11368 views)

Boxer fainted. My 1 1/2 year old boxer fainted or collapsed yesterday evening as he was walking to... (7580 views)

Getting new pup after parvo. We rescued a puppy from the pound 6 month ago, we did not know when we get here that... (28393 views)

Kitten is bleeding from vagina. since ive got my kitten she has been crying alot, ive noticed her bleeding aswell... (13682 views)

Will I be forced to euthanize? Hello, i have a 14 year old pit bull/bull mastiff mix (50-60 lb and on the smaller... (8123 views)

Dog throws up 3-5 times per week. Max is active & playful. He's a picky eater but seems to eat enough and drinks... (14338 views)