Why did my cat die?

Breed: british
my 10-year-old cat died today, she had lost weight had yesterday something happened to her, she just lay there not eating and she could not see, early this morning she died can you tell me what was wrong with her? please

I'm so sorry to hear that your cat died.

This is a tough question to answer as there are many possibilities. If she had been losing weight it is possible that she was in kidney failure, liver failure or even had cancer.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I wish I could help you further, but there are an awful lot of possible reasons for this to happen.

Treat for fleas same day as spay? I just had my puppy spayed. She came home with fleas. How long do I have to wait... (13158 views)

Loss of muscle mass on one leg. My dog has lost muscle mass on just ONE hind leg and is getting worse everyday. He... (23916 views)

Tramadol and SAMe Hello Dr. Marie! I feel like Oreo and I have become somewhat of a regular here on... (14601 views)

Lumps on hamster. Hi , my hamster is all covered with lumps , some of them are bleeding,and new ones... (10459 views)

Abdominal mass in a cat. My husband and I put down our Ivy today. It was rather sudden and unexpected and... (47307 views)

Round spot on cat's leg. He has a bald patch high on his leg. we considered it might be ringworm but the... (8169 views)

Home treatment for abscess. My cat had an abscess I didnt know about until it blew 4 days ago. I have cut away... (9314 views)

Epogen for cat with anemia. Hi Dr. Marie, I need a second opinion. My 19 year old male cat was recently... (12567 views)

Bald spot on hamster. My dwarf hamster has a rather large bald spot above her left front leg. I noticed... (27446 views)

Why is cat urinating in the house? Hi Dr. Marie, Recently, my one cat Habibi has started urinating outside of the... (5982 views)