Why did my cat die?

Breed: british
my 10-year-old cat died today, she had lost weight had yesterday something happened to her, she just lay there not eating and she could not see, early this morning she died can you tell me what was wrong with her? please

I'm so sorry to hear that your cat died.

This is a tough question to answer as there are many possibilities. If she had been losing weight it is possible that she was in kidney failure, liver failure or even had cancer.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I wish I could help you further, but there are an awful lot of possible reasons for this to happen.

Old dog vomiting. My dog has been throwing up food that she eats except soft stuff, she is old and she... (18345 views)

Mast cell tumor. Dear Dr. Marie: My dog, Jammy, has had a small lump near her neck that filled up... (12902 views)

Possible seizure in toy poodle. my just had a shaking spell, he was shaking,panting,peeing and very unblanced when... (19168 views)

Puppy died and had fluid in lungs. Hi Dr. Marie, My case is probally irrelevant now since my 14 weeks puppy(american... (19389 views)

My dog is deaf. Almost total deaf within the last 3 months. 14 yr. old english pointer. Female. In... (9058 views)

Kitten won't get out of litter box. PLEASE HELP...MY RAGDOLL KITTEN 9 WKS OLD WONT GET OUT OF THE LITTERBOX HARDLY AT... (12202 views)

Fearful Sheltie. my dog is very nervous of new people and places. she is very nervous and can't focus... (11682 views)

Rimady and kidney disease. I took my dog to the vet because she yelped when I rubbed her belly above her... (10741 views)

Malamute panting. We have taken in a rescue dog. When they brought him to us he was panting and they... (16992 views)

Licking at bum and feet. My 12 year old female cat started having anal gland issues over a year ago. After... (9540 views)