dog with bumps on head

Breed: Chihuahua cross Mina
My dog has 2-3 little lumps on her head, She is smooothe coated, You can feel them but cannot see them and they do not seem to bother her, She has had 1 for about 1 week and the other 2 we have just noticed today,Is this something for concern?

Hi and thanks for your question. This is a tough question to answer without seeing Tia but I can give you a few ideas.

If these lumps are not bothersome and they are not ulcerated it is likely not a major concern. It may be that they are from an insect bite (mosquitos, blackflies). Or, it could be that they are a mild allergic reaction from a bee sting of some sort.

It is also possible that this is the starting of a skin infection. If this is the case the bumps may burst open or ulcerate. If you see this then a vet visit is likely a good idea.

It is also possible that this is some scar tissue from a wound such as a bite from another animal.

As long as Tia is eating well and behaving normally I wouldn't be worried. But, if she is affected or if the lumps are getting bigger or haven't gone away in a week then a vet visit is a good idea.

Hope everything is ok!

Trouble waking and dandruff. My male, neutered cat came from the back alley. I can't remember if we initally had... (4827 views)

Red spots My dog has been developed having red spot (lots of round and red spot with hair loss... (33163 views)

Hair loss around eyes. Recently my maltese is loosing hair around his eyes. I have been feeding him the... (13555 views)

Dog vomiting clear fluid. Today we noticed that Cassie is vomiting clear fluid (with a little foam) all over... (217453 views)

Cerebellar hypoplasia? Hello Dr Marie, I recently found an abandoned feral kitten in the street who was... (8476 views)

Howling when trying to pee. We took Ferna to the vet a few months ago for vomiting and they prescribed hairball... (8946 views)

6 month puppy drinks a lot. I got Bentley at 3 months old. Since the beginning I always felt as if he was... (27941 views)

Bad odor from dog's behind. I have a border Collie-lab male 4 year old dog. About a week go I noticed that my... (12330 views)

Bald spot on maltese. I just noticed a bald spot about the size of 2 half dollars on my Maltese right... (16163 views)

Heart murmur. In Emerg, as part of an exam in preparation for sedation, a level 2 heart murmur was... (15293 views)