dog with bumps on head

Breed: Chihuahua cross Mina
My dog has 2-3 little lumps on her head, She is smooothe coated, You can feel them but cannot see them and they do not seem to bother her, She has had 1 for about 1 week and the other 2 we have just noticed today,Is this something for concern?

Hi and thanks for your question. This is a tough question to answer without seeing Tia but I can give you a few ideas.

If these lumps are not bothersome and they are not ulcerated it is likely not a major concern. It may be that they are from an insect bite (mosquitos, blackflies). Or, it could be that they are a mild allergic reaction from a bee sting of some sort.

It is also possible that this is the starting of a skin infection. If this is the case the bumps may burst open or ulcerate. If you see this then a vet visit is likely a good idea.

It is also possible that this is some scar tissue from a wound such as a bite from another animal.

As long as Tia is eating well and behaving normally I wouldn't be worried. But, if she is affected or if the lumps are getting bigger or haven't gone away in a week then a vet visit is a good idea.

Hope everything is ok!

Kidney disease in a cat. First of all I am asking you because I am under extreme financial constraints right... (19384 views)

Ivermectin toxicity? Help! I think that I am accidentally poisoning my boy 4 year old by giving him... (13495 views)

Backward sneezing and drooling. Firstly I am doing this om my iPhone . I can get email but can not send so please... (14327 views)

Cat urinating on bed. Good Morning Over the past two days my cat has decided to urinate on my bed. His... (14017 views)

Dog has loose stools. I adopted Levi, a beautiful and terrific champion show dog in August. I have never... (10970 views)

Pathology report for mammary tumor. Shelby recently had her mammary gland removed as she had multiple tumors. This... (7106 views)

Kennel cough in pregnant dog. My dog just started very mild reverse sneeze/sneezing and slight runny nose I'm... (13365 views)

Brown spots and hair loss. Hi again Dr. Marie, My 6 year old Golden Retriever is itchy. I noticed that she... (12257 views)

Puppy with hard lump on throat my dog has a hard lump on the side of his throat what could it be it is hard does... (15608 views)

Older cat with congestion. First, thank u for your input on my cami that past on previous question.my husband... (3935 views)