dog with bumps on head

Breed: Chihuahua cross Mina
My dog has 2-3 little lumps on her head, She is smooothe coated, You can feel them but cannot see them and they do not seem to bother her, She has had 1 for about 1 week and the other 2 we have just noticed today,Is this something for concern?

Hi and thanks for your question. This is a tough question to answer without seeing Tia but I can give you a few ideas.

If these lumps are not bothersome and they are not ulcerated it is likely not a major concern. It may be that they are from an insect bite (mosquitos, blackflies). Or, it could be that they are a mild allergic reaction from a bee sting of some sort.

It is also possible that this is the starting of a skin infection. If this is the case the bumps may burst open or ulcerate. If you see this then a vet visit is likely a good idea.

It is also possible that this is some scar tissue from a wound such as a bite from another animal.

As long as Tia is eating well and behaving normally I wouldn't be worried. But, if she is affected or if the lumps are getting bigger or haven't gone away in a week then a vet visit is a good idea.

Hope everything is ok!

Itchy scrotum after grooming. Our dog is constantly licking his area where his testicles used to be (he is... (29512 views)

Frontline and capstar but still has fleas. My cat has fleas. We have treated him with capstar and frontline, given him a flea... (20713 views)

Bump on tail tip. I noticed a small bump near the very end of my dog's tail, about 1/2 inch wide. She... (42658 views)

Toxoplasmosis and pregnancy. Hi there, Ive recently found out I am pregnant (6 weeks) and wanted some advice... (15476 views)

Bloated abdomen in hamster. Hi....our pet hamster buddy is extremely bloated. We have had him for a year and a... (86815 views)

lump on ear In the last couple weeks a bump on the tip of my dogs ear has shown up. We have been... (10279 views)

Problems after anesthetic. My cat was put on anesthia for the blood draw, which was not approved by me. This... (23945 views)

Chronic cat diarrhea. I had emailed you several times regarding my cat Bandit in December and January.... (7901 views)

Vet lost the lump! My cat had surgery last Thursday to have a cyst on his toe removed to see if it was... (11108 views)

lump on dog's abdomen. Hi Dr Marie, Hopefully this is a simple question. I've noticed that one of Max's... (23276 views)