dog with bumps on head

Breed: Chihuahua cross Mina
My dog has 2-3 little lumps on her head, She is smooothe coated, You can feel them but cannot see them and they do not seem to bother her, She has had 1 for about 1 week and the other 2 we have just noticed today,Is this something for concern?

Hi and thanks for your question. This is a tough question to answer without seeing Tia but I can give you a few ideas.

If these lumps are not bothersome and they are not ulcerated it is likely not a major concern. It may be that they are from an insect bite (mosquitos, blackflies). Or, it could be that they are a mild allergic reaction from a bee sting of some sort.

It is also possible that this is the starting of a skin infection. If this is the case the bumps may burst open or ulcerate. If you see this then a vet visit is likely a good idea.

It is also possible that this is some scar tissue from a wound such as a bite from another animal.

As long as Tia is eating well and behaving normally I wouldn't be worried. But, if she is affected or if the lumps are getting bigger or haven't gone away in a week then a vet visit is a good idea.

Hope everything is ok!

Are these tapeworms? My cat has little cream color things on the chair after she sits for a while. They... (29303 views)

Non itchy bald spots. She has 3 bald spots on her head and 2-3 more around her body. Took her to the vet... (17290 views)

Anal sac problems. When I cane home form work I noticed that my dog was bleeding from her anus. I took... (68761 views)

Is clostridium contagious? Can my dog have gotten a c diff infection from being around another dog that had... (16788 views)

Straining to urinate. I have an 8 year old yellow lab named Chloie. She was diagnosed with hypothyroidism... (5843 views)

Hair loss in patches. Hi we live in a remote community up near Darwin in Australia. Four weeks ago we took... (10342 views)

Does dog saliva heal a wound? Is there any truth to the old wive's tale that when your dog instinctlively licks a... (8967 views)

Guinea pig breathing problems. I'm not sure if you can answer this. My Guinea Pig was breathing very loud and fast.... (16107 views)

Should surgery be done? I have a female labrador, who is six year old and was nutered when she was 1 year... (7080 views)

Mercury levels in canned tuna cat food. My cat eats a lot of tuna flavored canned cat food. I have heard that mercury in... (19423 views)