dog with bumps on head

Breed: Chihuahua cross Mina
My dog has 2-3 little lumps on her head, She is smooothe coated, You can feel them but cannot see them and they do not seem to bother her, She has had 1 for about 1 week and the other 2 we have just noticed today,Is this something for concern?

Hi and thanks for your question. This is a tough question to answer without seeing Tia but I can give you a few ideas.

If these lumps are not bothersome and they are not ulcerated it is likely not a major concern. It may be that they are from an insect bite (mosquitos, blackflies). Or, it could be that they are a mild allergic reaction from a bee sting of some sort.

It is also possible that this is the starting of a skin infection. If this is the case the bumps may burst open or ulcerate. If you see this then a vet visit is likely a good idea.

It is also possible that this is some scar tissue from a wound such as a bite from another animal.

As long as Tia is eating well and behaving normally I wouldn't be worried. But, if she is affected or if the lumps are getting bigger or haven't gone away in a week then a vet visit is a good idea.

Hope everything is ok!

Cat attacked by dogs. We have 5 dogs and 4 cats (mostly rescues) who have grown up together and have... (25177 views)

Drooling and walking sideways. Last night Sadie started shaking really badly, drooling like crazy and when she... (9316 views)

Submissive urination. I adopted this dog on Thursday. I took him to the vets on Friday and he was checked... (9559 views)

Treatment for kidney disease. My cat has recently been hospitalized for kidney failure. They have her on fluids... (3502 views)

Older cat missing litter box. My 18 year old male cat is getting into the liter box and urinating on the floor... (12749 views)

Sending dog to UK. My cats were given Killed Virus 3 year vaccine (Fort Dodge Rabvac 3TF) at 4 months... (5387 views)

Swollen hip in Golden. We inherited him from my father-in-law 2 years ago, he was very much over weight so... (3779 views)

Pug died suddenly. My 8 year old female pug just died. My husband came home from work and she had... (19383 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea. My pug has been vomiting over the last few days it started two nights ago I woke up... (28204 views)

Malamute panting. We have taken in a rescue dog. When they brought him to us he was panting and they... (7197 views)