dog with bumps on head

Breed: Chihuahua cross Mina
My dog has 2-3 little lumps on her head, She is smooothe coated, You can feel them but cannot see them and they do not seem to bother her, She has had 1 for about 1 week and the other 2 we have just noticed today,Is this something for concern?

Hi and thanks for your question. This is a tough question to answer without seeing Tia but I can give you a few ideas.

If these lumps are not bothersome and they are not ulcerated it is likely not a major concern. It may be that they are from an insect bite (mosquitos, blackflies). Or, it could be that they are a mild allergic reaction from a bee sting of some sort.

It is also possible that this is the starting of a skin infection. If this is the case the bumps may burst open or ulcerate. If you see this then a vet visit is likely a good idea.

It is also possible that this is some scar tissue from a wound such as a bite from another animal.

As long as Tia is eating well and behaving normally I wouldn't be worried. But, if she is affected or if the lumps are getting bigger or haven't gone away in a week then a vet visit is a good idea.

Hope everything is ok!

Milk coming out nose. Hi my dog has just had pups 5 weeks ago an since day one, one of the puppies has... (20481 views)

Tumor in belly. I recently discovered my 13 year old cat has a probably cancerous mass growing in... (4992 views)

Relapse of parvo? We recently bought a lab pup that turned up with parvo a few days after bringing it... (17526 views)

Cat sick after prednisone. Two weeks ago LittleMan had something like an infection in the corners of his mouth... (16543 views)

Dog diarrhea problems. Hi Dr, This is an update to a previous question. Max is over 10 wks old now... (31895 views)

Mascara for dogs? I have noticed eyelashes on my 11 month old bichon frise and i would love to put... (18104 views)

Getting new pup after parvo. We rescued a puppy from the pound 6 month ago, we did not know when we get here that... (26825 views)

How often to bathe a dog? I have a black lab that just turned 4. She has relatively short hair, how often... (7158 views)

Puppy has runny nose. Heavy clear drool vomited once this morning Oct 29th 2010 7am. Very wet nose no loss... (10133 views)

Paralyzed back legs. about a day ago,my dog stop using his bottom part of is body,like she paralyzed,and... (10374 views)