dog with bumps on head

Breed: Chihuahua cross Mina
My dog has 2-3 little lumps on her head, She is smooothe coated, You can feel them but cannot see them and they do not seem to bother her, She has had 1 for about 1 week and the other 2 we have just noticed today,Is this something for concern?

Hi and thanks for your question. This is a tough question to answer without seeing Tia but I can give you a few ideas.

If these lumps are not bothersome and they are not ulcerated it is likely not a major concern. It may be that they are from an insect bite (mosquitos, blackflies). Or, it could be that they are a mild allergic reaction from a bee sting of some sort.

It is also possible that this is the starting of a skin infection. If this is the case the bumps may burst open or ulcerate. If you see this then a vet visit is likely a good idea.

It is also possible that this is some scar tissue from a wound such as a bite from another animal.

As long as Tia is eating well and behaving normally I wouldn't be worried. But, if she is affected or if the lumps are getting bigger or haven't gone away in a week then a vet visit is a good idea.

Hope everything is ok!

Swollen ear with pus. my dogs ear has suddenly become really swollen with what seems like puss it is very... (7424 views)

Vomiting every time she eats. My cat is throwing up every time she eats, what is the... (16744 views)

Bad rash on neck. One of our neighborhood cats has a really bad looking rash all over his neck. Here... (15368 views)

Swollen foot after wound. My dog Toby has what appears to be a cut in between his toes on one of his paws. He... (4208 views)

Black spot on side of hamster. My hamster is about 2 years old and has always had a black spot on the right side of... (33060 views)

Where is dog's vulva? My husband resqued a blue tick in the National Forest that was being chased by 2... (47277 views)

Puppy vaccinations. I have a new puppy. I was given his vaccination record (number of... (4097 views)

Spots all over body. Hi My staffordshire bull terrier has little spots all over his body almost like... (11731 views)

Regular anal gland expression. Hello, I am trying to get some answers about my puppy's anal gland problem. I... (6185 views)

Flying with your dog. Hello! We have recently purchased a mini schnoodle. She will be 8 weeks old when... (6952 views)