dog with bumps on head

Breed: Chihuahua cross Mina
My dog has 2-3 little lumps on her head, She is smooothe coated, You can feel them but cannot see them and they do not seem to bother her, She has had 1 for about 1 week and the other 2 we have just noticed today,Is this something for concern?

Hi and thanks for your question. This is a tough question to answer without seeing Tia but I can give you a few ideas.

If these lumps are not bothersome and they are not ulcerated it is likely not a major concern. It may be that they are from an insect bite (mosquitos, blackflies). Or, it could be that they are a mild allergic reaction from a bee sting of some sort.

It is also possible that this is the starting of a skin infection. If this is the case the bumps may burst open or ulcerate. If you see this then a vet visit is likely a good idea.

It is also possible that this is some scar tissue from a wound such as a bite from another animal.

As long as Tia is eating well and behaving normally I wouldn't be worried. But, if she is affected or if the lumps are getting bigger or haven't gone away in a week then a vet visit is a good idea.

Hope everything is ok!

Vomiting lethargic puppy. my dog is not wanting to eat at all and is just laying around she has vomited a few... (43917 views)

Do dogs get gonorrhea? Hi Dr. Marie, I just got diagnosed with gonorrhea, which is devastating to me. I... (39103 views)

OTC sedation for cats. I just brought my two cats home from their dental cleaning and found out that they... (97163 views)

Dog ate dark chocolate. My 12 pound maltese ate two fun sized baby ruths, a fun sized butterfinger, and one... (17459 views)

Trouble swallowing. My 6-year-old shepherd developed a major mucus production problem in the last month.... (14092 views)

Training blind dog. My rottweiler is blind and does not like to go outside. If I put her on a leash and... (9923 views)

Red bumps on puppy's belly. Hi, our Border Collie puppy has these red bumps on her belly. They are real red and... (77600 views)

Dripping blood. My 13 year old female, spayed,Doberman is in good health (with lots of benign... (28357 views)

In pain after anal gland surgery. my pet just got an anal gland removed and he dosent want to get up to eat. he has... (8072 views)

Bad breath in dog. My dog is 12 yrs old and has very bad breath. I lost my husband 21/2 yrs ago and I... (17560 views)