Itchy lump on eyelid.

Breed: German Shepherd mix
I have a 2 year old Shepherd mix, and he has developed a pink mole/growth on his eyelid that has, for the last week and a half, been extremely itchy for him as he scratches it frequently and gets us to scratch it for him as much as possible. A vet saw him just before it started getting itchy for some routine shots, and without any sort of indepth examination, told us not to worry about it. Should I be worried about the fact it is itchy for him now?

Most lumps on the eyelid are something called a meibomian gland adenoma. These usually are nothing to worry about.

However, these lumps are not usually itchy. If this lump is itchy then it's possible it is an infected meibomian gland or even some type of foreign material that has penetrated the skin.

Unfortunately if this is irritating you'll likely have to have your dog see the vet again. They may prescribe some antibiotic/steroid cream and if things don't improve they may want to do surgery to remove this lump.

Coughing Dog. my dog is coffing all of a suden and hes haveing trouble breathing but hes acting as... (11980 views)

Shaking and tucking tail. 3 days ago my dog, who was being taken on a walk in the morning, suddenly started... (151249 views)

Sore anus after using chlorox wipe. I put a Clorox Disenfecting Wipes on my dog's anus. It's been a couple of days and... (9600 views)

Chronic ehrlichiosis treatment. I have a 7 year old Black Russian Terrier that was diagnosed 1 year ago with... (11627 views)

Rabbit with maggots Our rabbit was not eating and was shaking this morning. We discovered there were... (7627 views)

Cat with bald belly. Our cat (6 years old) has bitten off the hair on her stomach. Our vet (in Latvia)... (8856 views)

Pooping in the house. Hi Ipurchased a dog from a pet rescue organisation in Sydney just over three months... (9727 views)

Vomiting and trouble with urination and stool. My 5 year old goldendoodle vomited (not food regurgitation) this morning, is trying... (15035 views)

Dog with large tumor on neck. My Dog Re has a large Growth on hes neck, we live 100kms from any vet so with hes... (30586 views)

Dog can't move hind legs. What happens if your dog can't move her hind legs without them sliding out from... (11377 views)