Itchy lump on eyelid.

Breed: German Shepherd mix
I have a 2 year old Shepherd mix, and he has developed a pink mole/growth on his eyelid that has, for the last week and a half, been extremely itchy for him as he scratches it frequently and gets us to scratch it for him as much as possible. A vet saw him just before it started getting itchy for some routine shots, and without any sort of indepth examination, told us not to worry about it. Should I be worried about the fact it is itchy for him now?

Most lumps on the eyelid are something called a meibomian gland adenoma. These usually are nothing to worry about.

However, these lumps are not usually itchy. If this lump is itchy then it's possible it is an infected meibomian gland or even some type of foreign material that has penetrated the skin.

Unfortunately if this is irritating you'll likely have to have your dog see the vet again. They may prescribe some antibiotic/steroid cream and if things don't improve they may want to do surgery to remove this lump.

Proin for incontinence. Our lab is 4 years old and has had a urinary problem since birth. When he sleeps or... (9863 views)

Normal to cry when put to sleep? Two weeks ago I put my 18 and three quarter year old dog Bertie to sleep. He would... (18580 views)

Addison's disease. I had almost the same experience as the person who wrote you about losing their dog... (18363 views)

Safe fruits and vegetables for dogs. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a young cat who likes to eat certain fruit and vegetables,... (24325 views)

Sick cat. HI. MY cat has been sick for the last two months or so. The last few weeks however,... (10815 views)

Is parvo contagious? I am sorry to have to ask this for free. I have been unemployed for over a year now.... (8694 views)

Alternative to Sentinel Molly has been on Sentinel forever....now it's been recalled...I have 2 months worth... (10670 views)

Cisapride to a cat that is not eating? My cat has mega colon and been on cisapride and lactulose for 2 1/2 years. She has... (10010 views)

Rat bleeding from eye. It started about 4-5 weeks ago when I noticed my girl was bleeding from her eye and... (19592 views)

Pigmented spot on belly. Dr, Recall my 9 week old golden named Max... I noticed something today on his... (12845 views)