Itchy lump on eyelid.

Breed: German Shepherd mix
I have a 2 year old Shepherd mix, and he has developed a pink mole/growth on his eyelid that has, for the last week and a half, been extremely itchy for him as he scratches it frequently and gets us to scratch it for him as much as possible. A vet saw him just before it started getting itchy for some routine shots, and without any sort of indepth examination, told us not to worry about it. Should I be worried about the fact it is itchy for him now?

Most lumps on the eyelid are something called a meibomian gland adenoma. These usually are nothing to worry about.

However, these lumps are not usually itchy. If this lump is itchy then it's possible it is an infected meibomian gland or even some type of foreign material that has penetrated the skin.

Unfortunately if this is irritating you'll likely have to have your dog see the vet again. They may prescribe some antibiotic/steroid cream and if things don't improve they may want to do surgery to remove this lump.

Disclaimer: Although Dr. Marie is a qualified veterinarian, the information found on this site is not meant to replace the advice of your own veterinarian. and Dr. Marie do not accept any responsibility for any loss, damage, injury, death, or disease which may arise from reliance on information contained on this site. Do not use information found on this site for diagnosing or treating your pet. Anything you read here is for information only.

Introducing kittens. hi, i have a 5 month old kitten, and have introduced an 8 week old kitten to the... (6872 views)

Dog biting at tail. My dog Kita is biting her tail down to the skin and Im getting worried because our... (6778 views)

Dog with wound. My pup is 7 months old and two days ago she dug out of her kennel and I didn't see... (15048 views)

Renal lymphoma? my cat just had dental surgery. After about a week I noticed she was still listless... (21611 views)

Bump on cat's ear. Hello, I have found a red bump inside of my cat's ear, it is semi-soft and feels... (19222 views)

Ultrasonic noise deterrents for cats? do devices that omit a 124db ultrasonic burst of sound work as a cat deterrent... (7817 views)

Bald spot on hamster. My dwarf hamster has a rather large bald spot above her left front leg. I noticed... (19921 views)

Wound on cat's paw. When I got my cat 3yrs ago he had frostbite on his front pads, they healed good. a... (4307 views)

What caused liver fracture? We fostered an abused, rescue dog in January of 2012 to May 2012 when she died... (8484 views)

Dog won't walk. my dog has almost stoped walkin and jus crawls around,unless it like to get food of... (11322 views)