Itchy lump on eyelid.

Breed: German Shepherd mix
I have a 2 year old Shepherd mix, and he has developed a pink mole/growth on his eyelid that has, for the last week and a half, been extremely itchy for him as he scratches it frequently and gets us to scratch it for him as much as possible. A vet saw him just before it started getting itchy for some routine shots, and without any sort of indepth examination, told us not to worry about it. Should I be worried about the fact it is itchy for him now?

Most lumps on the eyelid are something called a meibomian gland adenoma. These usually are nothing to worry about.

However, these lumps are not usually itchy. If this lump is itchy then it's possible it is an infected meibomian gland or even some type of foreign material that has penetrated the skin.

Unfortunately if this is irritating you'll likely have to have your dog see the vet again. They may prescribe some antibiotic/steroid cream and if things don't improve they may want to do surgery to remove this lump.

Dog on You Don't Mess with the Zohan. ok im very stressed what type of dog is on the movie You Don't Mess With The Zohan?... (9022 views)

Maltese has bald spot on head. We have a two year old Maltese that had a small bald spot on her head when we got... (9135 views)

Treatment for kidney disease. My cat has recently been hospitalized for kidney failure. They have her on fluids... (2788 views)

Dog has the runs. my dog has the... (12339 views)

Sick guinea pig. hello, i need help. my guinea pig peppy is really dehydrated and really weak, today... (8434 views)

Why do cats lick plastic? I have a 2 year old Himalayan Cat named Felix. He will be 3 in April. He drives me... (18469 views)

Cat with crusty areas. Hello, I'd like some advice on diagnosis and treatment for my cat. She has had... (8850 views)

Pit bull has pus and is off balance. Hi Dr.Marie, i was wondering if you could please answer a question for me. My dog... (5124 views)

Seizures wouldn't stop. My dog suddenly had status epilepticus without having prior history of seizures. He... (18578 views)

Dog urinates while walking Recently, I have noticed that my dog will walk along urinating. It seems to me that... (20983 views)