Itchy lump on eyelid.

Breed: German Shepherd mix
I have a 2 year old Shepherd mix, and he has developed a pink mole/growth on his eyelid that has, for the last week and a half, been extremely itchy for him as he scratches it frequently and gets us to scratch it for him as much as possible. A vet saw him just before it started getting itchy for some routine shots, and without any sort of indepth examination, told us not to worry about it. Should I be worried about the fact it is itchy for him now?

Most lumps on the eyelid are something called a meibomian gland adenoma. These usually are nothing to worry about.

However, these lumps are not usually itchy. If this lump is itchy then it's possible it is an infected meibomian gland or even some type of foreign material that has penetrated the skin.

Unfortunately if this is irritating you'll likely have to have your dog see the vet again. They may prescribe some antibiotic/steroid cream and if things don't improve they may want to do surgery to remove this lump.

Rat with red tears and increased thirst. I have a pet rat, almost 1. Shes been healthy her whole life, just had this weird... (6841 views)

Anal gland problems. Hello. I am a veterinary assistant and I am having an issue with my Cane Corso's... (5476 views)

My cat died. My cat was found dead by a neighbour on a grass verge about 10ft from the road on... (8243 views)

Bald spots on bulldog's legs. We purchased a baby bulldog about a month ago. We already had a bulldog, Mina, and... (14644 views)

KBr Side Effects? I read your answer about seeing severe side effects of KBR and would like your... (6592 views)

Cat with asthma. My Abby was diagnosed with a respiratory problem similar to asthma and was... (5009 views)

Megacolon cat with problems. Addie was diagnosed with megacolon at age 2. The vet prescribed medications - I... (6593 views)

Cat died after intestinal surgery. Hi, I tried to send email this morning but some how pay pal didn't take me to right... (4501 views)

Peeing outside of box. Hi Dr Marie, My Cat Nikki is 21 yrs old......he was shot in the mouth when he was... (6325 views)

Spay 7 year old dog? Shadow my "daughter" is 7 years old. She is NOT spayed. Recently, I noticed a... (10084 views)