Itchy lump on eyelid.

Breed: German Shepherd mix
I have a 2 year old Shepherd mix, and he has developed a pink mole/growth on his eyelid that has, for the last week and a half, been extremely itchy for him as he scratches it frequently and gets us to scratch it for him as much as possible. A vet saw him just before it started getting itchy for some routine shots, and without any sort of indepth examination, told us not to worry about it. Should I be worried about the fact it is itchy for him now?

Most lumps on the eyelid are something called a meibomian gland adenoma. These usually are nothing to worry about.

However, these lumps are not usually itchy. If this lump is itchy then it's possible it is an infected meibomian gland or even some type of foreign material that has penetrated the skin.

Unfortunately if this is irritating you'll likely have to have your dog see the vet again. They may prescribe some antibiotic/steroid cream and if things don't improve they may want to do surgery to remove this lump.

Blood from bum. Her butt was bleeding bad (out of the hole), the blood was thick and bright red. I... (17455 views)

Sluggish Boxer My Boxer got sluggish on the 20th of March so we took him to the vets. They did... (8337 views)

Strong smelling urine. i have a male cat an recently his urine has become very strong, he hasnt been done... (11159 views)

Black spot on side of hamster. My hamster is about 2 years old and has always had a black spot on the right side of... (38372 views)

Reversing neuter surgery. I made a mistake by neutering him, and i really want to breed him and i was... (22699 views)

Is FHO a good idea? my 11 year old 35kg male dog suffers from severe hip displasia & pain relief... (13383 views)

Wound on ear won't heal. My puppy accidentally scratched her inner ear, the wound scabbed over but now she... (16302 views)

Liver shunt or MVD Hello Dr. Maria. I have a 6 month old male Dachshund. He went in to get a neuter... (13084 views)

Constipated kittens. I am fostering 5 kittens. I think they are about 5 weeks old. They still cannot use... (8639 views)

Cat losing weight. My cat is only about 2 years, she is female. She recently got sick, she started off... (9389 views)