Itchy lump on eyelid.

Breed: German Shepherd mix
I have a 2 year old Shepherd mix, and he has developed a pink mole/growth on his eyelid that has, for the last week and a half, been extremely itchy for him as he scratches it frequently and gets us to scratch it for him as much as possible. A vet saw him just before it started getting itchy for some routine shots, and without any sort of indepth examination, told us not to worry about it. Should I be worried about the fact it is itchy for him now?

Most lumps on the eyelid are something called a meibomian gland adenoma. These usually are nothing to worry about.

However, these lumps are not usually itchy. If this lump is itchy then it's possible it is an infected meibomian gland or even some type of foreign material that has penetrated the skin.

Unfortunately if this is irritating you'll likely have to have your dog see the vet again. They may prescribe some antibiotic/steroid cream and if things don't improve they may want to do surgery to remove this lump.

Cat vomited 5 times. I came home this morning and i found about 5 vomit spots in my living room. when i... (30210 views)

Problems after spay. Camie was fixed last Monday morning. We haven't been very irresponsible with... (6031 views)

Is my dog overheating? Hi Dr. Marie, I have a simple question. Max is now a 74 lb 1yr old... (7180 views)

Golden retriever with lymphoma died. My golden retriever was 125 pounds (all muscle) and enjoyed perfect health for all... (26054 views)

Addison's disease? I've seen a few questions where people ask about what could have happened to their... (36567 views)

Dog pees on the furniture. Rusty is a reserve rescue dog we have had since this summer. He is an absolute joy... (5712 views)

Kitten with yellow diarrhea. Hi. My neighbor just called me about three days ago and asked if i would help nurse... (8138 views)

Black spots on tongue. Hypothyroidism? My dog seems to have multiple symptoms... Harsh,dry cough, hair falling out in... (4269 views)

Ear problems in a cat. I adopted my cat Fudge from a shelter when he was 9. He came with a host of... (7886 views)

Lumps on hamster. Hi , my hamster is all covered with lumps , some of them are bleeding,and new ones... (8024 views)