Grove snail care.

Breed: Brown-lipped grove s
Dear Dr. Marie,
Hi. My snail has been burying himself lately, so whenever I want to play with him I have to find him, unbury him, and wash him off. I just want to know if you have any idea of why he does this, and if you do, how can I stop this behavior? Thanks a lot, and just so you know I would have done a paid one, but I can't pay because I'm just a kid. So, once again thanks a lot. Hopefully you can get the answer to me soon, because I'm kinda woried about Gary so thanks. Bye.
☺ Sara ☺

Hi Sara. I have to tell you this is my first ever question about a snail!!!

I also have to tell you that I do not know a whole lot about snails. But I have done some research for you to see if we can figure out what the problem is.

First of all, some snails will hide or even try to seal themselves up if they don't have enough humidity. You can try spraying him with a water bottle occasionally to see if he does less hiding.

You may also want to make sure that the room that the snail is in is not too cold. Snails like to live between 64 and 86 degrees with an optimum temperature of 68-75F.

You can find more information on snail care at: http://www.petsnails.co.uk/problems/inactivity.html#start

I hope Gary feels better soon!

Dog hurt her leg. hi my dog trixey is nearly 15.i think she may have hurt her leg because she can't... (6987 views)

Jaundiced dog. Hi, I have an 8yr old female labrador that on the 30th December, 2013 evening... (15911 views)

Swollen eye in older cat. Hello - I have a 13-yr cat with renal issues (diagnosed 2 yrs ago) - but she has... (9782 views)

Cat aggressive with new kitten. I just got a new kitten but one of the cats in my house is attacking him. Ever... (14779 views)

Diarrhea with canned food. We have only had goliath for 5 months. all my other cats I would give them a little... (5820 views)

Cat won't eat or drink. Licorice doesn't want to eat much or drink. He is lethargic, but his gums are pink... (22377 views)

Ivermectin toxicity in a cat. My kitten and I live in Democractic Republic of Congo. Today, a vet administered an... (13367 views)

Cat can't meow. This morning my 9-yr old female indoor cat, Ally, can't meow (she's always very... (131597 views)

Puppy with diarrhea. Hi Dr. Marie I have a 10 week old OES pup, male. He is in good weight, healthy... (15888 views)

Sick 4 week old puppies. i have 5 chihuahua puppies of 4 weeks, and last night one of the pup's started... (19063 views)