Grove snail care.

Breed: Brown-lipped grove s
Dear Dr. Marie,
Hi. My snail has been burying himself lately, so whenever I want to play with him I have to find him, unbury him, and wash him off. I just want to know if you have any idea of why he does this, and if you do, how can I stop this behavior? Thanks a lot, and just so you know I would have done a paid one, but I can't pay because I'm just a kid. So, once again thanks a lot. Hopefully you can get the answer to me soon, because I'm kinda woried about Gary so thanks. Bye.
☺ Sara ☺

Hi Sara. I have to tell you this is my first ever question about a snail!!!

I also have to tell you that I do not know a whole lot about snails. But I have done some research for you to see if we can figure out what the problem is.

First of all, some snails will hide or even try to seal themselves up if they don't have enough humidity. You can try spraying him with a water bottle occasionally to see if he does less hiding.

You may also want to make sure that the room that the snail is in is not too cold. Snails like to live between 64 and 86 degrees with an optimum temperature of 68-75F.

You can find more information on snail care at: http://www.petsnails.co.uk/problems/inactivity.html#start

I hope Gary feels better soon!

Lumps on dog's nose. Do you know what these bumps count be? He also has a bald spot under his eye. He is... (63189 views)

Does Vick's Vapo rub help cat's breathing? My vet says my cat has a sinus tumor and a Iwas wondering if vicks would help him to... (38658 views)

Dog drinks every 20 minutes. I have a 10 year old chihuahua and she is drinking alot of water...she is eating... (17166 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea every two weeks. I adopted my yorkiepoo from a local shelter in 12/2012. From that time until a few... (11215 views)

Dog inhaled bleach. Our dog is having trouble breathing after inhaling Clorox. It was accidental my... (46961 views)

Large abdomen in cat. We have an 18+ year old cat who is thin and bony, but has a 20" diameter potbelly... (11782 views)

Puppy died suddenly. I came home after being gone for 3 hours. We have baby Pomeranians 6 weeks old. They... (18704 views)

Trouble urinating. For about a week I have noticed my aging male neutered dog having a hard time... (46554 views)

Itchy behind neck and ears. My cat, fuzzy, is starting to itch behind her neck, her ear area, base of her tail,... (9575 views)

Ear problems in a cat. I adopted my cat Fudge from a shelter when he was 9. He came with a host of... (10024 views)