Grove snail care.

Breed: Brown-lipped grove s
Dear Dr. Marie,
Hi. My snail has been burying himself lately, so whenever I want to play with him I have to find him, unbury him, and wash him off. I just want to know if you have any idea of why he does this, and if you do, how can I stop this behavior? Thanks a lot, and just so you know I would have done a paid one, but I can't pay because I'm just a kid. So, once again thanks a lot. Hopefully you can get the answer to me soon, because I'm kinda woried about Gary so thanks. Bye.
☺ Sara ☺

Hi Sara. I have to tell you this is my first ever question about a snail!!!

I also have to tell you that I do not know a whole lot about snails. But I have done some research for you to see if we can figure out what the problem is.

First of all, some snails will hide or even try to seal themselves up if they don't have enough humidity. You can try spraying him with a water bottle occasionally to see if he does less hiding.

You may also want to make sure that the room that the snail is in is not too cold. Snails like to live between 64 and 86 degrees with an optimum temperature of 68-75F.

You can find more information on snail care at: http://www.petsnails.co.uk/problems/inactivity.html#start

I hope Gary feels better soon!

Cat is really hungry. Maya has feline asthma and has been on inhaled corticosteroids for a year... (16192 views)

Puppy vomiting with blood. my puppy was born on december 18, she was born a normal pup but now she and her... (8382 views)

Lump on ferret's face. My daughters feret has a lump on it's cheek. At first it did not grow fast , but now... (8928 views)

Panting at night on steroids. my 12 year old black lab is on steroids for an auto immune disease and the medicine... (7016 views)

Lump with hole and something moving in it. Hi, i just got a new kitten 3 days ago, this morning i woke up and picked her up and... (12859 views)

Broken leg - not eating. Last night my 7 week old puppy broke her leg , we took her to the emergency pet... (6620 views)

Irregular heart rhythm. MY 12 year old lurcher ran into a car and broke a leg and a few ribs he is in... (8545 views)

Pregnancy question. My golden retriver mated with my chiuahuh and the chihuhah is pregnat would i need... (9476 views)

mycoplasma felis respiratory infection Hi. I asked you a question previously about Indigo and I'd really like your... (33341 views)

Cortisone vs. anti-inflammatory. What is more harmful to the liver, anti-inflammatory medication or Cortisone... (7942 views)