Grove snail care.

Breed: Brown-lipped grove s
Dear Dr. Marie,
Hi. My snail has been burying himself lately, so whenever I want to play with him I have to find him, unbury him, and wash him off. I just want to know if you have any idea of why he does this, and if you do, how can I stop this behavior? Thanks a lot, and just so you know I would have done a paid one, but I can't pay because I'm just a kid. So, once again thanks a lot. Hopefully you can get the answer to me soon, because I'm kinda woried about Gary so thanks. Bye.
☺ Sara ☺

Hi Sara. I have to tell you this is my first ever question about a snail!!!

I also have to tell you that I do not know a whole lot about snails. But I have done some research for you to see if we can figure out what the problem is.

First of all, some snails will hide or even try to seal themselves up if they don't have enough humidity. You can try spraying him with a water bottle occasionally to see if he does less hiding.

You may also want to make sure that the room that the snail is in is not too cold. Snails like to live between 64 and 86 degrees with an optimum temperature of 68-75F.

You can find more information on snail care at: http://www.petsnails.co.uk/problems/inactivity.html#start

I hope Gary feels better soon!

Puppy not gaining weight. my puppy is one month old and is not gaining any weight and is not active not eating... (9206 views)

Not eating or drinking and is painful. My cat tink 3 yrs seems very poorly he hasn't eaten or drank for 2 days now is very... (4408 views)

Abscess? Hi Would you please be able to answer my question.. Wednesday Night I Heard two... (6472 views)

Switching foods for allergies. My male yorkie has recently developed food allergies. He has been n wheat corn and... (7105 views)

Rimadyl and kidney problems. On November 24 2010, Trixie got into the neighbors trash. She was vomiting and had... (20322 views)

Possible distemper or kennel cough. I adopted Bub from the SPCA on August 13 and he was taken to the Vet on Aug 17 for... (8716 views)

Peeing in house on lasix. My dog has collapsed trachea and also an enlarged heart that was pressing on his... (13979 views)

One puppy in litter died. I had five yookiepoo pups. One has died. Yesterday was the first day that it acted... (15066 views)

Bloody diarrhea. Hi Marie its 630 and there is no open vet or petstore/grooming in site =( then i... (48649 views)

Is my hamster dead? My hamster isn't moving like he used too. His eyes are always opened and he isn't... (14171 views)