Grove snail care.

Breed: Brown-lipped grove s
Dear Dr. Marie,
Hi. My snail has been burying himself lately, so whenever I want to play with him I have to find him, unbury him, and wash him off. I just want to know if you have any idea of why he does this, and if you do, how can I stop this behavior? Thanks a lot, and just so you know I would have done a paid one, but I can't pay because I'm just a kid. So, once again thanks a lot. Hopefully you can get the answer to me soon, because I'm kinda woried about Gary so thanks. Bye.
☺ Sara ☺

Hi Sara. I have to tell you this is my first ever question about a snail!!!

I also have to tell you that I do not know a whole lot about snails. But I have done some research for you to see if we can figure out what the problem is.

First of all, some snails will hide or even try to seal themselves up if they don't have enough humidity. You can try spraying him with a water bottle occasionally to see if he does less hiding.

You may also want to make sure that the room that the snail is in is not too cold. Snails like to live between 64 and 86 degrees with an optimum temperature of 68-75F.

You can find more information on snail care at: http://www.petsnails.co.uk/problems/inactivity.html#start

I hope Gary feels better soon!

Crusty sores on cat. I noticed Robin had a sore that seemed infected under the right side of his chin. I... (35635 views)

Weak legs on Coton deTulear. Hi! I have an 8 month old Coton de Tulear that I acquired through a very... (10288 views)

Lump under dog's eye? Hello, A couple days ago I noticed a red-pink bump under my dog's right eye. It... (43322 views)

Head tremor in a cat. Dear Dr.Marie, My cat Wildwood has been lethargic for the past 2 days, along with... (36992 views)

Puppy chewing legs and licking penis Harley chews on himself constantly. He likes his penis, he chews on his legs,... (39950 views)

Losing weight, not eating. My 16 yr old cat has not been eating and losing weight. The vet has done bloodwork,... (42755 views)

Dog eats grass and vomits Hi Marie! My Germen Spitz(male) eats some grass while he is out and vomits.Avoids... (12518 views)

Diarrhea with mucus. Dr, Are you familiar with those bullwinkle sticks. They are about 13" long, bull... (26576 views)

Stuck together - pregnant? Please help, my two dogs were stuck together today,I think she's pregnant. I'm... (16196 views)

Cat sick after prednisone. Two weeks ago LittleMan had something like an infection in the corners of his mouth... (23964 views)