Too aggressive petting?

Breed: Main Coon
My cat enjoys having his bum smacked over and over. Hard.
He's neutered male - he purrs, rubs against me hard and love bits me. He always comes back for more.
This is normal? Is it okay? Am I reinforcing bad behavior?
Please advise
~Phil

Ha! Interesting question!

Most cats do like being firmly patted on their back just above their tail. It is a sensitive area. My thought is that most cats enjoy it, but sometimes they can get overstimulated if we push it too far.

Personally, I do this to cats all of the time. :)

But, use common sense. If he seems upset then I wouldn't continue!

Missed vaccines. My dog is approximatley 4 years old and hasnt had any injections since she was... (6553 views)

Grade 5 heart murmur. Hello, my 12 year old beagle just recently went into the vet for a check up and the... (15076 views)

Is this dog cryptorchid? Jupiter is 71/2 months old. At 8 weeks vet noted both testicles desended. At 5... (24557 views)

Will neutering help my dog? my dog is constantly licking his genital area, my question is if i get my dog... (11924 views)

Health problems. WE DO NEED A QUICK ANSWER, BUT IN CASE DOG WILL HANG ON, HERE GOES: 10 YRS OLD... (9915 views)

Dark sticky diarrhea. My 14yr old poodle has diarrhea and an upset stomach (he keeps eating grass in the... (16463 views)

Dog has loose stools. I adopted Levi, a beautiful and terrific champion show dog in August. I have never... (15181 views)

Is kennel cough contagious to people? hi my 3 year old standard poodle went to the groomer on wed and today he was... (12606 views)

Pregnant dog with a fever? My bitch is pregnant - 63 days from first breeding today. Reproduction specialist... (41709 views)

Is aspirin safe for dogs? I bought the excel enteric coated aspirin 81mg each for my 85lb husky. I don't know... (19731 views)