Too aggressive petting?

Breed: Main Coon
My cat enjoys having his bum smacked over and over. Hard.
He's neutered male - he purrs, rubs against me hard and love bits me. He always comes back for more.
This is normal? Is it okay? Am I reinforcing bad behavior?
Please advise
~Phil

Ha! Interesting question!

Most cats do like being firmly patted on their back just above their tail. It is a sensitive area. My thought is that most cats enjoy it, but sometimes they can get overstimulated if we push it too far.

Personally, I do this to cats all of the time. :)

But, use common sense. If he seems upset then I wouldn't continue!

Dog vomiting clear mucus and white foam. My dog continues to throw up a clear mucus with white foam. He is still very... (19708 views)

Rat with red tears and increased thirst. I have a pet rat, almost 1. Shes been healthy her whole life, just had this weird... (9868 views)

Vomiting yorkie. Abby is 15 months old. She weighs 2.5-3.0 lbs. She is spayed. My question is that... (22414 views)

Thirsty hamster my wee hamster is drinking a very lot of water l could fill her bottle up and she... (17932 views)

Itchy between anus and penis. My dog is licking/scratching a lot in the area between his anus and his penis. It's... (32220 views)

Roundworms and hookworms. How often do you find roundworms /hookworms in dogs is it rare of fairly... (4573 views)

Swollen eye after removal. Hi My 16 month old male pug had his intact left globe removed 10 months ago after... (6239 views)

Blood at end of urine stream. My female dog has had blood in her urine for 2 months. I live in Belize, Central... (16920 views)

Cost to take mouse to vet? About how much would it cost to take a mouse in for a check... (16763 views)

Limping, stiff chihuahua. Hey my chiuahua dog hasn't been himself lately. He walks really stiff and can not... (13705 views)