Too aggressive petting?

Breed: Main Coon
My cat enjoys having his bum smacked over and over. Hard.
He's neutered male - he purrs, rubs against me hard and love bits me. He always comes back for more.
This is normal? Is it okay? Am I reinforcing bad behavior?
Please advise
~Phil

Ha! Interesting question!

Most cats do like being firmly patted on their back just above their tail. It is a sensitive area. My thought is that most cats enjoy it, but sometimes they can get overstimulated if we push it too far.

Personally, I do this to cats all of the time. :)

But, use common sense. If he seems upset then I wouldn't continue!

Cat losing weight. My cat is only about 2 years, she is female. She recently got sick, she started off... (9885 views)

Surgery or rest for CCL tear. Dear Dr. Marie, My dog often limping recently and i've brought her to see a vet in... (9290 views)

Vomiting 3 times per day. My dog is vomiting about 3x per day. She seems to be happy and wants to eat a... (20320 views)

Pass away at home? Potter is almost 13. About 4 months ago he was diagnosed with diabetes and we... (8851 views)

Blind, deaf and no sense of smell. Jack was diagnosed as hyperthyroid in February and has been on methimazole since... (7120 views)

Can't lift tail. my Golden Retriever's tail doesn't lift up like it normally does. She can still wag... (15771 views)

Possible diabetes My cat is very thirsty, he will run to the bathroom counter for a drink of water, he... (8182 views)

Rash on Daschund My dog has a very red rash on her lower abdominal area and vaginal area. She bites... (12112 views)

Swollen hip. I am so worried about my dog Holly. I think she may have hip dysplasia. Her hip is... (10610 views)

Stuffed up dog. We are a foster home/rescue home for dogs. We brought in a new foster two weeks ago... (60382 views)