Too aggressive petting?

Breed: Main Coon
My cat enjoys having his bum smacked over and over. Hard.
He's neutered male - he purrs, rubs against me hard and love bits me. He always comes back for more.
This is normal? Is it okay? Am I reinforcing bad behavior?
Please advise
~Phil

Ha! Interesting question!

Most cats do like being firmly patted on their back just above their tail. It is a sensitive area. My thought is that most cats enjoy it, but sometimes they can get overstimulated if we push it too far.

Personally, I do this to cats all of the time. :)

But, use common sense. If he seems upset then I wouldn't continue!

Puppy has a small eye. my puppy has an eye defect it is smaller than the other and seems to be lazy it is... (22732 views)

Kidney disease and seizures. My cat is 17 years old. She has had kidney disease for five years. I have multiple... (23498 views)

Wobbly boxer My 3 year old male boxer has several issues. A couple weeks ago he was lethargic... (19510 views)

Large lymph nodes in a cat. My cat Miko seems to have swollen lymph nodes under her neck. They've been like that... (44962 views)

Cat died suddenly. Hi and thank you for your time My son met me at the door in tears as 1.5 year old... (8359 views)

Tramadol not working. He is on Tramodol 50 mg 3x a day plus 80lbs of Metacam for Arthritis. He was put on... (16759 views)

Dog ate Advil. My 1.5 year old 70 lb Goldendoodle ate some Advil gel caps about 5 days ago. I am... (12479 views)

Cat is sleeping a lot. My cat has been sleeping a lot in the last two days. Want play. Will eat a little.... (10155 views)

Worms in dog's poop. My dog is 1 year and 6 months, she has worms. My husband and I saw signs of it about... (7160 views)

Dog urinating in house. hey my 5 year old staff has started urinating in the house she has never done this... (11647 views)