Too aggressive petting?

Breed: Main Coon
My cat enjoys having his bum smacked over and over. Hard.
He's neutered male - he purrs, rubs against me hard and love bits me. He always comes back for more.
This is normal? Is it okay? Am I reinforcing bad behavior?
Please advise
~Phil

Ha! Interesting question!

Most cats do like being firmly patted on their back just above their tail. It is a sensitive area. My thought is that most cats enjoy it, but sometimes they can get overstimulated if we push it too far.

Personally, I do this to cats all of the time. :)

But, use common sense. If he seems upset then I wouldn't continue!

When to put down older dog. I know my dog is on the way out, she has cataracts, hearing is dim, legs are shaky,... (6031 views)

Click in dog's elbow. Hi Dr. I've noticed that sometimes Max's right elbow will creak as he bends it.... (12246 views)

Strong urine odor. Over the past few months my dogs urine has started smelling really strongly, to the... (60424 views)

Frontline Plus and Advantage Multi? Can I give my dog Advantage Multi plus the Frontline Plus. I know the Advantage... (16574 views)

Loose black stools. Sid is older, lately his stools ate loose and turn black? He can tell time and... (4773 views)

Cat vomited 5 times. I came home this morning and i found about 5 vomit spots in my living room. when i... (40182 views)

Is my dog pregnant? We think my dog is pregnant.She keeps trying to make little areas for herself and... (4690 views)

Best cat foods. One cat is 13 pounds and 7 years old. He is heavy, but it doesn't look or feel like... (4797 views)

lump on dog's abdomen. Hi Dr Marie, Hopefully this is a simple question. I've noticed that one of Max's... (20578 views)

Is aspirin safe for dogs? I bought the excel enteric coated aspirin 81mg each for my 85lb husky. I don't know... (16719 views)