Too aggressive petting?

Breed: Main Coon
My cat enjoys having his bum smacked over and over. Hard.
He's neutered male - he purrs, rubs against me hard and love bits me. He always comes back for more.
This is normal? Is it okay? Am I reinforcing bad behavior?
Please advise
~Phil

Ha! Interesting question!

Most cats do like being firmly patted on their back just above their tail. It is a sensitive area. My thought is that most cats enjoy it, but sometimes they can get overstimulated if we push it too far.

Personally, I do this to cats all of the time. :)

But, use common sense. If he seems upset then I wouldn't continue!

Proin for incontinence. Our lab is 4 years old and has had a urinary problem since birth. When he sleeps or... (10737 views)

Wheezing cat. My cat is wheezing. Because he is 15 now I was not suprised. But then it grew worse.... (15470 views)

Metronidazole side effects? My Dog had a surgery Dec 9. The Doctor removed a tumor from his small intestine. He... (16206 views)

My dog twisted her back. Dear Dr. Marie, Hope you are well. I was contacting you in hopes that you could... (37504 views)

Large scab on cat's neck Dear Dr. Marie, My cat has a scab on its back, it's L shaped and is uniformly... (14502 views)

Lumps on cat's abdomen. Cubbie recently (1 week) developed two fibrous (?) lumps, one on each side of her... (26461 views)

Feeding sardines. I have a male Maltese which I have owned for 4 years, he was a rescue dog so his... (15570 views)

Vomiting dog. Hi Dr. Marie, My dog Frank is usually very active, but one week ago he was feeling... (8291 views)

Older dog won't eat. My dog is a mutt, 14yrs old, and has been acting strangely as of late. She doesn't... (11843 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea. My pug has been vomiting over the last few days it started two nights ago I woke up... (36421 views)