Hartz Ultra Guard for fleas?

Breed: corgi/rot mix
hello dr. marie,

bear has fleas. i gave her a bath then treated her with hartz ultra guard flea and tick drops for dogs weighing 31-60lbs on fri july 2. bear is about 50lbs. it looks like all the fleas went to her butt so my question is would it be alright to give her perscription pills from a vet or more over the counter stuff?
its sat and all the vets are closed so thank for doing this!

Related Article: Your Pet Has Fleas!

You're very welcome Senora!

Fleas can be frustrating! I get really frustrated with over the counter flea products because they usually only kill a percentage of the fleas and don't work 100%

It is definitely a good idea to get a prescription product from your vet such as Advantage, Revolution, Frontline, Comfortis or Capstar. All of these will be safe to use even if Bear has recently been treated with Hartz.

Additionally, make sure that ALL animals in your house are treated. And, be sure to treat her once a month for a few months in a row. This way, if any fleas are in your house they will die once they jump on her.

I hope things go well!

Not eating and vomiting. Since saturday our terrior cross hasn't been eating her food,and drinking alot. We... (7319 views)

Dog pooping blood. My dog is pooping blood, but not pooping. Just blood coming out like she is... (14046 views)

Red spots My dog has been developed having red spot (lots of round and red spot with hair loss... (34078 views)

Pregnant dog has tick disease. my dog is pregnant and she is suffering from tick disease so can i give her... (10914 views)

Dog attacked by javelina. My dog got attacked by a javelina.. shes bleeding from her nose and mouth, what... (8430 views)

Dropped puppy on head. I have a 5 week old puppy, one of 6, he weighs less than 1 pound. My 2 year old... (33590 views)

Pain meds after spay? Is it necessary to purchase antibiotics and pain meds after a dog has been... (19853 views)

Dog bleeding from anus. My dog is slightly bleeding from her anus, but it isn't noticeable until she sits... (30113 views)

Eye problem. Chances eyes are really red all the time and gets a bunch of eye snot I clean it out... (8730 views)

Hamster has crusty eye. my hamster is 2 years old and a week ago i noticed his right eye has crusted over i... (8456 views)