Is spinach good for dogs?

Breed: english bulldog
Is spinach toxic for puppies

Related Articles written by Dr. Marie:

Can dogs eat spinach?

If you have a dog that likes to eat spinach, then that is great!

Spinach leaves do contain something called oxalates and this is why some people think they may be toxic. In large amounts, oxalates can cause kidney problems or bladder stones. However, the amount that a dog would have to eat in order to cause toxicity is so high that it probably couldn't be done.

So, if your dog likes spinach, then it is not bad for him at all!

OK to keep cats in a small room? I am concerned for two cats that I know. They live in a house where they are... (3630 views)

Multiple mast cell tumors. Hi Marie, it says that my question has been answered, but I do not know how to... (11323 views)

Fishy smell from dog. My boston terrier puts off a fishy smell. It doesn't happen all the time, but... (26691 views)

Vomiting foam and not eating. Hi, Pumpkin is an eleven year old male cat. He is usually a very good eater. For the... (38324 views)

Irregular heart rhythm. MY 12 year old lurcher ran into a car and broke a leg and a few ribs he is in... (6889 views)

Cat with sore penis. I have a neutered male cat 5 years old. 4 months ago he was really sick, we took him... (14848 views)

Possible degenerative myelopathy. Hi Dr. Marie, My 11 year old German shepherd has been taking prevacox, tramedol,... (26716 views)

Feline leukemia questions. Hi-Recently we discovered that a stray cat had kittens in our garage. Only 2 in the... (7133 views)

Fearful Sheltie. my dog is very nervous of new people and places. she is very nervous and can't focus... (6978 views)

Dog is shaking I can't afford to bring my dog to the vet. I would like to know my dog has a lack of... (62276 views)