Is spinach good for dogs?

Breed: english bulldog
Is spinach toxic for puppies

Related Articles written by Dr. Marie:

Can dogs eat spinach?

If you have a dog that likes to eat spinach, then that is great!

Spinach leaves do contain something called oxalates and this is why some people think they may be toxic. In large amounts, oxalates can cause kidney problems or bladder stones. However, the amount that a dog would have to eat in order to cause toxicity is so high that it probably couldn't be done.

So, if your dog likes spinach, then it is not bad for him at all!

Trembling head - distemper? Hi there This is the issue with my little puppy. I picked him up alone from... (3618 views)

Peeing in house on lasix. My dog has collapsed trachea and also an enlarged heart that was pressing on his... (10004 views)

Is it ok to shave a cat? Dear Dr. Marie, Greetings from Singapore! This is my 4th time writing to... (6822 views)

High stepping and chattering. My dog has suddenly started walking funny. He lifts his paws up higher than normal... (6003 views)

Corn in dog food. I have heard that corn is bad in dog food. Also that alfalfa, brewers yeast, and... (12226 views)

Can't put weight on his leg. my pit bull is shaking all over a refusing to put weight on his back leg what should... (21888 views)

Trifexis overdose. My approx 4-5lb teacup Pomeranian ate HALF of the Trifexis meant for a 60-120lb dog... (2867 views)

Puppy not eating. Hello my 7 month old pup just recently started to eat less. This just started 2... (10646 views)

Sore ears. 6 months ago my Scottish terrier came down with swelling and fluid on right side of... (4517 views)

Sedation for euthanasia? My cat was recently diagnosed with tumors in his lungs.He's no longer eating on his... (7413 views)