Is spinach good for dogs?

Breed: english bulldog
Is spinach toxic for puppies

Related Articles written by Dr. Marie:

Can dogs eat spinach?

If you have a dog that likes to eat spinach, then that is great!

Spinach leaves do contain something called oxalates and this is why some people think they may be toxic. In large amounts, oxalates can cause kidney problems or bladder stones. However, the amount that a dog would have to eat in order to cause toxicity is so high that it probably couldn't be done.

So, if your dog likes spinach, then it is not bad for him at all!

Not eating, losing weight. My cat has lost a lot of weight in the past 3 weeks. She cries for food but then... (11854 views)

Dog bleeding from anus. My dog is slightly bleeding from her anus, but it isn't noticeable until she sits... (33310 views)

Ear cartilage broken. someone has broke the cartridge in my dogs ear by rubbing them hard. what can i do... (28366 views)

Puppy ate grapes. My puppy ate 3 grapes. About 24 hours ago. What do I need to watch for? She is 9... (16700 views)

Torn nail in cat. My cat snagged her nail on string and the string got stuck in the quick and cut it a... (15838 views)

Lymph node enlargement. Lola was diagnosed with stage III-IVa (b cell) lymphoma a few months ago. Today was... (9055 views)

Scabs on cat's ear and neck. Hi. I adopted a cat and she was doing fine. I noticed that she was loosing hair in... (21909 views)

Does cat have cancer? Dear Dr Marie, I am sending this letter in order to ask your advice about the... (15885 views)

Swollen neck on cat. My cat was been experiencing avswollen upper neck and underneath chin. It has... (30467 views)

Information on parvo virus. Hello dr., I am a senior in high school doing a senior project and my topic... (21695 views)