Is spinach good for dogs?

Breed: english bulldog
Is spinach toxic for puppies

Related Articles written by Dr. Marie:

Can dogs eat spinach?

If you have a dog that likes to eat spinach, then that is great!

Spinach leaves do contain something called oxalates and this is why some people think they may be toxic. In large amounts, oxalates can cause kidney problems or bladder stones. However, the amount that a dog would have to eat in order to cause toxicity is so high that it probably couldn't be done.

So, if your dog likes spinach, then it is not bad for him at all!

Dog won't eat. well dr my dog he always wants to go outside and doesnt want to eat his food and we... (11622 views)

Trouble waking and dandruff. My male, neutered cat came from the back alley. I can't remember if we initally had... (5487 views)

Spay older dog? Hi Vet My dog is 9 years old & has never been mated. She is healthy & does not have... (9866 views)

Rat with red tears and increased thirst. I have a pet rat, almost 1. Shes been healthy her whole life, just had this weird... (9824 views)

Pregnant cat is vomiting. My cat got out and didn't come home for about a month. When she got out she was in... (19102 views)

Snapping noise in joints. Doctor, We have two labs (chocolate, and black). They love to run, fetch, play, and... (13424 views)

Limping, trouble breathing and then dog died. Dr. Marie, My dog died this evening and am looking for possible causes. I did not... (19856 views)

Maltese has bald spot on head. We have a two year old Maltese that had a small bald spot on her head when we got... (12753 views)

Accidently cut dog's skin i was giving my dog a hair cut with a small pair of sissors and was trimming around... (20230 views)

Vulvar tumor thank you for your reply to my first question about my cat who died from a vulval... (7214 views)