Is spinach good for dogs?

Breed: english bulldog
Is spinach toxic for puppies

Related Articles written by Dr. Marie:

Can dogs eat spinach?

If you have a dog that likes to eat spinach, then that is great!

Spinach leaves do contain something called oxalates and this is why some people think they may be toxic. In large amounts, oxalates can cause kidney problems or bladder stones. However, the amount that a dog would have to eat in order to cause toxicity is so high that it probably couldn't be done.

So, if your dog likes spinach, then it is not bad for him at all!

Chances of getting rabies from my dog? My wife was recently bit by my dog. My dog has battled allergies and likes to lick... (19667 views)

Lentigo on a cat. Hi Dr. Marie... My 3.5 year old tortoiseshell cat has developed a black freckle... (13200 views)

Swollen ear flap. i have a dog named shiloh and something is wrong with his ear and i just need to... (8397 views)

Kitten is walking funny. Recently I have noticed that our new addition to the family has been walking... (9205 views)

Stuck together - pregnant? Please help, my two dogs were stuck together today,I think she's pregnant. I'm... (8873 views)

Dog with pancreatitis. My dog was taken to the vet Monday morning and I was told he had pancreatitis. I... (8489 views)

Cat ate vitamin D3. I believe my cat accidentally ingested a 1000iu capsule of Vitamin D3 I read your... (15187 views)

Dog ate foam padding. Hi Dr, At 9pm last nite Max chewed open an office chair. He managed to swallow... (47766 views)

Where is dog's vulva? My husband resqued a blue tick in the National Forest that was being chased by 2... (32010 views)

Black poop and worms. my dog has worms, and we gave her medicine today but she wont eat anythingg and has... (7697 views)