Is spinach good for dogs?

Breed: english bulldog
Is spinach toxic for puppies

Related Articles written by Dr. Marie:

Can dogs eat spinach?

If you have a dog that likes to eat spinach, then that is great!

Spinach leaves do contain something called oxalates and this is why some people think they may be toxic. In large amounts, oxalates can cause kidney problems or bladder stones. However, the amount that a dog would have to eat in order to cause toxicity is so high that it probably couldn't be done.

So, if your dog likes spinach, then it is not bad for him at all!

Dog eats grass and vomits Hi Marie! My Germen Spitz(male) eats some grass while he is out and vomits.Avoids... (10208 views)

Basset Hound whining. My basset has seemed to be more whiny latley than usual. I felt around his joints... (9779 views)

Does high pitch affect seizures? Hello there, I've been living with my roommate for a year and her dog barks at me... (11714 views)

Hip dysplasia and arthritis. Hello, My dog Jasmine is about 13 & 1/2 years old. We live in New York City. I... (13468 views)

Straining to urinate. bella acts like she has to urinate all the time. when she squats very little comes... (9414 views)

Stomatitis and FIV. my cat has stomatitus and fiv. i hate to give her up but she may be suffering and i... (14048 views)

Dog with masticatory myositis. hi my dog has had masticatory myositis last jan and again in april and now has it... (10835 views)

Staggering Rottweiler I have a nine month old female rottweiler mix. She is eating nutro max dog food. She... (10119 views)

Sore chihuahua My dog Chevy has had some strange behavior for some time. For the past year or so he... (8461 views)

Renal lymphoma? my cat just had dental surgery. After about a week I noticed she was still listless... (26493 views)