Is spinach good for dogs?

Breed: english bulldog
Is spinach toxic for puppies

Related Articles written by Dr. Marie:

Can dogs eat spinach?

If you have a dog that likes to eat spinach, then that is great!

Spinach leaves do contain something called oxalates and this is why some people think they may be toxic. In large amounts, oxalates can cause kidney problems or bladder stones. However, the amount that a dog would have to eat in order to cause toxicity is so high that it probably couldn't be done.

So, if your dog likes spinach, then it is not bad for him at all!

Severe arthritis. Hi Dr. Marie, My sweet Murphys is displaying weakness in hind legs, (they... (5597 views)

Multiple mast cell tumors. Hi Marie, it says that my question has been answered, but I do not know how to... (12703 views)

Bruising after blood collection. I took my dog to get some shots earlier today and to get some tests done. They drew... (21908 views)

Cut my dog while grooming. My mother was trimming Levi's fringe, and accidentally cut skin instead. Needless to... (47867 views)

Diabetes and IBD. Hi Dr. Marie- This one is long and complicated, but hopefully it makes sense! I... (6237 views)

Neuter at 8 weeks? We are trying to decide when to get our male kitten spayed. He is around 2 months... (4949 views)

Summer shaving? Is it ok to shave my dogs coat in the summer? will that help to make him... (8308 views)

Snapping noise in joints. Doctor, We have two labs (chocolate, and black). They love to run, fetch, play, and... (11318 views)

Diaphragmatic hernia. Our 8-year-old neutered male cat has a history of various health issues:... (5578 views)

Dog licking paws On Wednesday I noticed Max was licking his right rear paw. Last Saturday he had a... (52515 views)