Is spinach good for dogs?

Breed: english bulldog
Is spinach toxic for puppies

Related Articles written by Dr. Marie:

Can dogs eat spinach?

If you have a dog that likes to eat spinach, then that is great!

Spinach leaves do contain something called oxalates and this is why some people think they may be toxic. In large amounts, oxalates can cause kidney problems or bladder stones. However, the amount that a dog would have to eat in order to cause toxicity is so high that it probably couldn't be done.

So, if your dog likes spinach, then it is not bad for him at all!

Terbutaline and atenolol. Hi Dr. Marie, I’m interested in your thoughts on what may have caused my cat’s... (19171 views)

Kitten panting. My previous cats lived to be 18 yrs, so it's a long time since I had a young one. ... (6648 views)

Sneezing and runny eyes. My cat seems to be ill. It's been a few days that starts sneezing. Now its... (6028 views)

Raw, sore nose. Hi there I have a 5 year old Malamute named Mika about a year ago she was attatcked... (9533 views)

Is my dog hypothyroid? My bichon is obese. She weighs 35 lbs but is also taller than my other bichon who... (7869 views)

Foot problem and congestion. My 10 year old dog max just finished taking cephalexin for a foot infection and has... (9177 views)

Bassett hound neck pain, etc. Our dog Lola came to us as a stray about 3 yrs ago. She is about 7 years old and... (13710 views)

Itchy dog. My question is long because I have to give all the background data. On May 10, 2011... (23006 views)

Diabetic cat diet. Hi, I am the owner of two siamese cats (female) from same litter - 11.5 years old.... (12973 views)

Swollen lab. Hi, my name is Ron Lamoureux. One month ago I noticed that my 2 yr old Lab... (10276 views)