Is spinach good for dogs?

Breed: english bulldog
Is spinach toxic for puppies

Related Articles written by Dr. Marie:

Can dogs eat spinach?

If you have a dog that likes to eat spinach, then that is great!

Spinach leaves do contain something called oxalates and this is why some people think they may be toxic. In large amounts, oxalates can cause kidney problems or bladder stones. However, the amount that a dog would have to eat in order to cause toxicity is so high that it probably couldn't be done.

So, if your dog likes spinach, then it is not bad for him at all!

Disclaimer: Although Dr. Marie is a qualified veterinarian, the information found on this site is not meant to replace the advice of your own veterinarian. and Dr. Marie do not accept any responsibility for any loss, damage, injury, death, or disease which may arise from reliance on information contained on this site. Do not use information found on this site for diagnosing or treating your pet. Anything you read here is for information only.

Limping, trouble breathing and then dog died. Dr. Marie, My dog died this evening and am looking for possible causes. I did not... (13619 views)

Stinky skin in pug. My pug is losing his hair and the skin is turning black around his neck. It started... (15009 views)

Is my cat in heat? i have a female cat who is 1 1/2 years old she isn't spayed and has gone in heat... (8196 views)

Trouble urinating. For about a week I have noticed my aging male neutered dog having a hard time... (39771 views)

Coughing dog. I have two very healthy Min Pins. Well I had two healthy dogs. Last weekend we... (3589 views)

Vomiting dog Hi Marie, Our dog is a 5 year old Lhasa male (entire).Which we bought to China with... (16867 views)

Can't move back legs. My cat could not get up using its back legs. Her front legs were working but she... (27303 views)

Cat with crusty areas. Hello, I'd like some advice on diagnosis and treatment for my cat. She has had... (10389 views)

Coughing and sneezing dog. I have a three month old teacup Yorkie. He had a check up last week and got his... (23999 views)

Itchy on back. max is a 11yo. Boston terrier about 18pounds. He is in perfect health, according to... (7553 views)