Tubes in dogs ears?

Breed: english bulldog
our bulldog has bad problems with his ears they are almost swollen shut. our vet recomends surgery on his ears but we where wondering if tubes were an option or if you do that? he is really suffering with this problem.what would you suggest??

Oh, I am sorry to hear that Romeo is having a problem with his ears. Bulldogs are gorgeous dogs, but they can have so many health issues!

If a dog has such severe ear problems that their ear canals are almost completely closed then one of the best things that we can do for them is a surgery to open the ear...this is called a total ear canal ablation. There is a good description here of a total ear canal ablation. It sounds drastic but it almost always works really well.

We really don't use tubes in dogs' ears.

I have had some dogs with extremely swollen ears that have responded well to medications such as steroids. However, if your vet is suggesting surgery, then most likely you guys have tried a number of ear medications already.

While I can't say for certain what you need to do, as I can't examine your little guy, if he is this young and already having such an extreme problem with his ears, it sounds like your vet is giving you sound advice by advising surgery.

congested kitten Hi,i recently took in a stray kitten & a few days ago she started coughing on &... (11131 views)

Cat losing weight Hello, I took my 15 year old neutered cat to the vet the other day because he was... (13118 views)

Lumps on mammary glands. Fraya is a rescue we have had for a month. We are not sure of her age, but we think... (25407 views)

Lack of bladder control. I HAVE A FEMALE COCKER SPANIEL WHO IS THE OFF SPRING OF MY OWN MALE AND FEMALE WHO... (15526 views)

Lumps on hips. My dog is five years old female golden/lab. Three weeks ago I noticed two bumps at... (15715 views)

Black widow spider bite. Hi, A good friend of mine woke up this morning and found her cat dead in her... (7593 views)

Boxer skin problems. -I apologize in advance for the novel i wrote below- We are officially at a loss.... (54337 views)

Blood from bum. Her butt was bleeding bad (out of the hole), the blood was thick and bright red. I... (17796 views)

Dog unable to move. d help. My dog won't move at all. We got home around 435 this afternoon and she ate... (66449 views)

High stepping and chattering. My dog has suddenly started walking funny. He lifts his paws up higher than normal... (9621 views)