Itchy coat.

Breed: mutt
my dog itches and her coat seems to be popped up at various places, have cheched and doesnt have ticks. her eyes also seem irritated in the inner corners. i was told this might be an allergy but i dont know what to do about it. we have has some sahara desert dust in the area could this b the reason and what should i do to help her.

Hi there and thanks for your question.

What you are describing certainly sounds like it could be an allergic reaction to an insect sting. Most likely, if it is an allergy though it will be cleared up by the time you receive this email.

If it is still bothering her though then there is likely something else going on. One possibility is a skin infection. If this is the case then she will need antibiotics prescribed by your veterinarian.

I have had a few dogs with severe allergic reactions that have lasted quite a while. These dogs sometimes improve with Benadryl (you would need to ask your vet for the correct dose for your dog), but some need oral steroids.

I hope all is well!

Fly biting seizures. At night with the lights on, Misha snaps at the air as if she's catching flies.... (18968 views)

Peeing on walls. Okay,I have a female spayed 2 year old cat and never sprayed walls and peed walls.... (13994 views)

Has my cat been poisoned? I think my cat has been poisoned. We found him very unlike himself, just sitting a... (8234 views)

How many vaccines for a puppy? Hi Dr. Marie, Codee was given 5in1 parovirus 2 shots. Is it true that it should... (4691 views)

Is my dog in heat? my dog was really sick and she wouldnt eat. then after a few days she got better and... (33383 views)

Different pupil sizes in older cat. I recently noticed that my cat's irises don't match... one is opened wide, the other... (27494 views)

Bulldog death. I had American Bulldog. Behr would have been having his 6th birthday on May 24. He... (14910 views)

Anal sac problems. When I cane home form work I noticed that my dog was bleeding from her anus. I took... (67428 views)

Kitten with white gums. My kitten is 8 weeks old she just wants to lay around she was playing with the other... (21923 views)

Hamster skin problems. Hello my hamster hair has started to fall out and he got flaky skin with sore's from... (16234 views)