Itchy coat.

Breed: mutt
my dog itches and her coat seems to be popped up at various places, have cheched and doesnt have ticks. her eyes also seem irritated in the inner corners. i was told this might be an allergy but i dont know what to do about it. we have has some sahara desert dust in the area could this b the reason and what should i do to help her.

Hi there and thanks for your question.

What you are describing certainly sounds like it could be an allergic reaction to an insect sting. Most likely, if it is an allergy though it will be cleared up by the time you receive this email.

If it is still bothering her though then there is likely something else going on. One possibility is a skin infection. If this is the case then she will need antibiotics prescribed by your veterinarian.

I have had a few dogs with severe allergic reactions that have lasted quite a while. These dogs sometimes improve with Benadryl (you would need to ask your vet for the correct dose for your dog), but some need oral steroids.

I hope all is well!

Older dog having seizures. My 10.5 year old chocolate lab had three seizures in 12 hours in October. He's... (16639 views)

Lump with hole and something moving in it. Hi, i just got a new kitten 3 days ago, this morning i woke up and picked her up and... (13498 views)

Can't put weight on his leg. my pit bull is shaking all over a refusing to put weight on his back leg what should... (27746 views)

Rash in dog's armpits. My boxer has been getting rashes under her front armpits, this is the 4th time it's... (25062 views)

Bleeding after biopsy. My dog has been diagnosed with Cancer(hemangiosarcoma). The tiny hole were we... (13342 views)

Carrots and nuts safe for dogs? Is it safe to feed her carrots or nuts of any kind? We have just been feeding them... (13259 views)

Itchy dog. I had noticed the oldest one of my dogs, Chloe, chewing and itching a little more... (47896 views)

Is my dog pregnant? i was woke up this morning mu my female pup crying and yelping. so i found her... (16113 views)

Crusty cat nipple. My 8 year old male cats nipple was hard and crusty. I pulled it and it came out and... (69838 views)

Hypothyroidism in Sheltie. Hi My dog had a thyroid test and the results came back as .8 which he said was low... (8396 views)