Itchy coat.

Breed: mutt
my dog itches and her coat seems to be popped up at various places, have cheched and doesnt have ticks. her eyes also seem irritated in the inner corners. i was told this might be an allergy but i dont know what to do about it. we have has some sahara desert dust in the area could this b the reason and what should i do to help her.

Hi there and thanks for your question.

What you are describing certainly sounds like it could be an allergic reaction to an insect sting. Most likely, if it is an allergy though it will be cleared up by the time you receive this email.

If it is still bothering her though then there is likely something else going on. One possibility is a skin infection. If this is the case then she will need antibiotics prescribed by your veterinarian.

I have had a few dogs with severe allergic reactions that have lasted quite a while. These dogs sometimes improve with Benadryl (you would need to ask your vet for the correct dose for your dog), but some need oral steroids.

I hope all is well!

Dog ate moldy corn. My 4 month old, 20 lb. standard poodle may have eaten very moldy creamed corn from a... (48132 views)

Give half pill of Iverhart? I purchased Iverhart Plus heartworm pills for dogs up to 25 pounds. Since my two... (11210 views)

Salivating dog. Seizures? My dog started to twist and chew on her tongue and stick it out on her right side... (12478 views)

How to get guinea pig to gain weight. Hi! Remember me? Some days ago one of my friends gave me a guinea pig that she... (15723 views)

Children's shampoo for dog? okay so my sister used a kids brand of shampoo for my new puppy who is 6 weeks old... (14676 views)

Yellow skin and urine. My cat has been lethargic for about two weeks. Last week I noticed her Urine was... (12886 views)

Corn in dog food. Is corn in dog food bad for him? And I also have a maltese that is 3 years old. Is... (5867 views)

Rabies from my dog? my 70 days old cocker spaniel bit my toe and there ws little bleeding and i cleaned... (5948 views)

Possible elbow hygroma. I just noticed a mass on my 4 month old puppy's front right leg. She is mini... (28871 views)

Is ketoconazole safe? Hi. My 6 y/o Papillon has suffered fron skin problems his whole life. I've been told... (5913 views)