OK to keep cats in a small room?

Breed: Tabby Cats
I am concerned for two cats that I know. They live in a house where they are confined to one room that does contain a litter box, food, and water. However, the room that they are confined in is also a person's bedroom. This person has used kleenex, dirty dishes (that do grow mold), wrappers from food, and piles of unwashed laundry lying everywhere on the floor. I know the cats don't have enough room to exercise, but could this living situation affect the cats in any other way?

This is an interesting question.

For a while, when I was in university I lived in a one bedroom room in a boarding house. Although I was likely a little more clean than what you described, my dog and my cat lived with me in this tiny room.

Although what you are describing is not the ideal situation, it's likely not harmful for the cats. They're not likely to touch the mold and really the dirty laundry and food wrappers are not going to harm a cat.

In my opinion, what cats need in order to be happy is appropriate nutrition and love. As long as your friend is able to provide those things, the cats really should be ok.

Possible rabies. Hello, My dog bit me, on my arm, exactly 10 days ago. Today is the 10th day and he... (9978 views)

Is pinkeye contagious to pets? My husband just contracted pink eye. Is it possible for him to spread it to our dog... (29779 views)

Lump on dog's anus. Dr Marie-- My dog had a lump on his behind just by his anus. It never seemed to get... (55151 views)

Why did my cat die? Hello, The other day, our cat Misty (she would have been 16-years-old next month)... (13862 views)

Do allergy wipes work? Do cat wipes work for people who are allergic to feline dander? Are the wipes... (12110 views)

Guinea pig not eating. Hello, I have a 3 year old guinea pig who has stopped eating. Last week I... (7283 views)

Recurring respiratory symptoms. My 1 yr old Burmese cat was purchased with what we think is cat flu. She has... (12610 views)

Spay 10 year old dog? Hello: I adopted a Belgian tervuren 10 months ago. She was already 10 years... (17498 views)

Thyroid cancer? Hello, about 10 months ago my dog started heavily panting while playing with her... (12225 views)

Dog is licking where he was neutered. my dog is licking where he was neutered 3 years ago help asap... (8407 views)