OK to keep cats in a small room?

Breed: Tabby Cats
I am concerned for two cats that I know. They live in a house where they are confined to one room that does contain a litter box, food, and water. However, the room that they are confined in is also a person's bedroom. This person has used kleenex, dirty dishes (that do grow mold), wrappers from food, and piles of unwashed laundry lying everywhere on the floor. I know the cats don't have enough room to exercise, but could this living situation affect the cats in any other way?

This is an interesting question.

For a while, when I was in university I lived in a one bedroom room in a boarding house. Although I was likely a little more clean than what you described, my dog and my cat lived with me in this tiny room.

Although what you are describing is not the ideal situation, it's likely not harmful for the cats. They're not likely to touch the mold and really the dirty laundry and food wrappers are not going to harm a cat.

In my opinion, what cats need in order to be happy is appropriate nutrition and love. As long as your friend is able to provide those things, the cats really should be ok.

Insulin shock Lucy is diabetic.She gets 4units 2x daily with food..Monday she started to have... (5091 views)

Limping, stiff chihuahua. Hey my chiuahua dog hasn't been himself lately. He walks really stiff and can not... (11584 views)

urinating in the house Dr. Marie, Isabella is a healthy 13 yr old female cat. For a short period we... (5633 views)

Bleeding after biopsy. My dog has been diagnosed with Cancer(hemangiosarcoma). The tiny hole were we... (10259 views)

Lethargic after dentistry. Our 3 year old Sheltie was at our local vet yesterday for some shots and to get his... (29326 views)

67 days pregnant. Dog is 67 days pregnant no sign of labor how much longer should i wait before taking... (8054 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea in maltese puppy. Good evening, I had a question for you regarding my puppy. She is almost 12... (4233 views)

Summer shaving? Is it ok to shave my dogs coat in the summer? will that help to make him... (8200 views)

Painful erection My 9 month old dog, Jack, has been getting erections that last up to about 10... (18455 views)

Will removing an eye affect my dog? Sadly, our son's dog recently had a car accident and my lose one eye. He is still in... (6397 views)