OK to keep cats in a small room?

Breed: Tabby Cats
I am concerned for two cats that I know. They live in a house where they are confined to one room that does contain a litter box, food, and water. However, the room that they are confined in is also a person's bedroom. This person has used kleenex, dirty dishes (that do grow mold), wrappers from food, and piles of unwashed laundry lying everywhere on the floor. I know the cats don't have enough room to exercise, but could this living situation affect the cats in any other way?

This is an interesting question.

For a while, when I was in university I lived in a one bedroom room in a boarding house. Although I was likely a little more clean than what you described, my dog and my cat lived with me in this tiny room.

Although what you are describing is not the ideal situation, it's likely not harmful for the cats. They're not likely to touch the mold and really the dirty laundry and food wrappers are not going to harm a cat.

In my opinion, what cats need in order to be happy is appropriate nutrition and love. As long as your friend is able to provide those things, the cats really should be ok.

Shelter cats with infection. Hello My friend told me I should talk to you about what is going on at the animal... (2778 views)

Regular anal gland expression. Hello, I am trying to get some answers about my puppy's anal gland problem. I... (4676 views)

Paralyzed Rottweiler. 10 yr old rottie mix 100 lbs suddenly became unable to move or walk 5 days ago. He... (9685 views)

Dog eats my underwear. This is going to sound weird but this is a real question. My dog keeps licking mine... (28790 views)

How much water should a puppy drink? Dr Marie, This is more a precautionary question. Max is 4.5 months old, 37... (73240 views)

Neuter at 8 weeks? We are trying to decide when to get our male kitten spayed. He is around 2 months... (4192 views)

Cat with asthma. My Abby was diagnosed with a respiratory problem similar to asthma and was... (5373 views)

Trouble breathing when drinking cold water. My dog Valentino is 16 years old and many times when he drinks water or he is... (8995 views)

Sneezing and runny eyes. My cat seems to be ill. It's been a few days that starts sneezing. Now its... (3419 views)

Overgrooming cat. I RESCUED THE CAT FROM THE STREETS 10 MONTHS AGO. HES 20 POUNDS, EATS WELL, I GIVE... (7379 views)