OK to keep cats in a small room?

Breed: Tabby Cats
I am concerned for two cats that I know. They live in a house where they are confined to one room that does contain a litter box, food, and water. However, the room that they are confined in is also a person's bedroom. This person has used kleenex, dirty dishes (that do grow mold), wrappers from food, and piles of unwashed laundry lying everywhere on the floor. I know the cats don't have enough room to exercise, but could this living situation affect the cats in any other way?

This is an interesting question.

For a while, when I was in university I lived in a one bedroom room in a boarding house. Although I was likely a little more clean than what you described, my dog and my cat lived with me in this tiny room.

Although what you are describing is not the ideal situation, it's likely not harmful for the cats. They're not likely to touch the mold and really the dirty laundry and food wrappers are not going to harm a cat.

In my opinion, what cats need in order to be happy is appropriate nutrition and love. As long as your friend is able to provide those things, the cats really should be ok.

Vomiting and not eating. Hi, I'm desperate to find out how to help my dog. 9 days ago (Monday night) she woke... (26803 views)

Pemphigus and prednisone. Dear Dr Marie I am from Nepal. It is a developing country with per capita income... (5590 views)

Cat died after intestinal surgery. Hi, I tried to send email this morning but some how pay pal didn't take me to right... (8676 views)

Ketoconazole, Heartgard, Comfortis. Good morning. Well this is kind of a follow-up question on Poppi. I wrote to you on... (6201 views)

Lab has a lump on his muzzle. We took our 2 1/2 year old female lab to Bradshaw Vet for a lump on her muzzle. I... (12061 views)

Morning after pill for dogs? Is there a "morning after pill" for dogs? ... (28407 views)

Is mammary tumor cancerous? I'm wondering whether to remove a small tumor from my 7 yr old chihuahua/dachshund's... (5430 views)

Meibomian gland adenoma? This past week Murphy (4 year old Irish Setter) developed what I thought was a small... (234700 views)

Guinea pig scabs around mouth. My guinea pig is getting brown/orange scabs around its mouth and nose?! I have took... (9344 views)

Arthritis in a Newfie. My ten year old Newfie mix is eating less and seems very stiff and sometimes... (10206 views)