OK to keep cats in a small room?

Breed: Tabby Cats
I am concerned for two cats that I know. They live in a house where they are confined to one room that does contain a litter box, food, and water. However, the room that they are confined in is also a person's bedroom. This person has used kleenex, dirty dishes (that do grow mold), wrappers from food, and piles of unwashed laundry lying everywhere on the floor. I know the cats don't have enough room to exercise, but could this living situation affect the cats in any other way?

This is an interesting question.

For a while, when I was in university I lived in a one bedroom room in a boarding house. Although I was likely a little more clean than what you described, my dog and my cat lived with me in this tiny room.

Although what you are describing is not the ideal situation, it's likely not harmful for the cats. They're not likely to touch the mold and really the dirty laundry and food wrappers are not going to harm a cat.

In my opinion, what cats need in order to be happy is appropriate nutrition and love. As long as your friend is able to provide those things, the cats really should be ok.

Allergic to greenies? My 11.5 year old pug/griffin mix dog has been having nasal/breathing issues for the... (8011 views)

Vaginal Discharge. Dr. Marie, I rescued a female unspayed german shepherd from a neighbor's yard a few... (14432 views)

Dog panting at night time. I would like to know if you can tell me why my dog is panting at night time. I have... (296830 views)

Dog's penis out of sheath. My babys weenie is all dry and irritated and NEVER goes back in. I went to a vet and... (21569 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea. My pug has been vomiting over the last few days it started two nights ago I woke up... (33734 views)

Cat has fleas. My poor cat has fleas, he is losing hair and is just miserable. I am looking for a... (4789 views)

Feeding sardines. I have a male Maltese which I have owned for 4 years, he was a rescue dog so his... (14035 views)

Brown spots on puppy's belly. Hi Doctor. I've noticed an area along my puppies belly down to her private area... (42434 views)

Cut cat's skin while grooming. Help Dr. Marie! While cutting away a clump of matted hair from behind my kitty's... (27870 views)

1 week old puppy checkup can you take a 1 week old puppy to the vet to get it checked to make sure its ok and... (7177 views)