OK to keep cats in a small room?

Breed: Tabby Cats
I am concerned for two cats that I know. They live in a house where they are confined to one room that does contain a litter box, food, and water. However, the room that they are confined in is also a person's bedroom. This person has used kleenex, dirty dishes (that do grow mold), wrappers from food, and piles of unwashed laundry lying everywhere on the floor. I know the cats don't have enough room to exercise, but could this living situation affect the cats in any other way?

This is an interesting question.

For a while, when I was in university I lived in a one bedroom room in a boarding house. Although I was likely a little more clean than what you described, my dog and my cat lived with me in this tiny room.

Although what you are describing is not the ideal situation, it's likely not harmful for the cats. They're not likely to touch the mold and really the dirty laundry and food wrappers are not going to harm a cat.

In my opinion, what cats need in order to be happy is appropriate nutrition and love. As long as your friend is able to provide those things, the cats really should be ok.

Mom misses puppies. Our boxer had 2 pups both died, she has taken on a stuffed animal replacement but is... (5912 views)

Relapse of parvo? We recently bought a lab pup that turned up with parvo a few days after bringing it... (13316 views)

Swollen ear with pus. my dogs ear has suddenly become really swollen with what seems like puss it is very... (5399 views)

How does a vet put a dog to sleep? i'm thinking about putting my dog to sleep and i was wondering if i could stay in... (12766 views)

Fontline and Advantix. My I treated my dog with Frontline Plus 2 weeks ago and it's not preventing ticks... (5048 views)

Stop dogs from fighting. I have 2 female doxies, one beats up the other all the time. How can i control this?... (2988 views)

Cat struggling to breathe. It looks like my cat is struggling to breathe. I can see her chest moving up and... (9947 views)

Cat with hyperthyroidism. Hi again! I spoke to you last week regarding the bad behavior of my cat. She has... (15421 views)

Health problems. WE DO NEED A QUICK ANSWER, BUT IN CASE DOG WILL HANG ON, HERE GOES: 10 YRS OLD... (5894 views)

Why is my dog limping? hello we have just woke up this morning and found my american bulldog limping on his... (29926 views)