OK to keep cats in a small room?

Breed: Tabby Cats
I am concerned for two cats that I know. They live in a house where they are confined to one room that does contain a litter box, food, and water. However, the room that they are confined in is also a person's bedroom. This person has used kleenex, dirty dishes (that do grow mold), wrappers from food, and piles of unwashed laundry lying everywhere on the floor. I know the cats don't have enough room to exercise, but could this living situation affect the cats in any other way?

This is an interesting question.

For a while, when I was in university I lived in a one bedroom room in a boarding house. Although I was likely a little more clean than what you described, my dog and my cat lived with me in this tiny room.

Although what you are describing is not the ideal situation, it's likely not harmful for the cats. They're not likely to touch the mold and really the dirty laundry and food wrappers are not going to harm a cat.

In my opinion, what cats need in order to be happy is appropriate nutrition and love. As long as your friend is able to provide those things, the cats really should be ok.

Puppy doesn't want to eat. It has been over a week since my Sheltie has lost her appetite. She hardly touches... (7204 views)

Metronidazole side effects? My Dog had a surgery Dec 9. The Doctor removed a tumor from his small intestine. He... (9494 views)

Black spot on toe. Hello. I was cutting my puppies toe nail today and noticed a new black spot on her... (3953 views)

Dark spot on eye. scooby recently has a darker spot on his pupil, other than that his health is... (17366 views)

Cat died suddenly. Our cat just passed away suddenly last night. She was about 4 years old, and... (6868 views)

Pale gums and seizure. Hi, 2 months ago buddy would go outside and if he would run/play hard he would come... (6059 views)

Cat with renal lymphoma. I have a 7 year old female cat who, over the course of the past six months,... (4545 views)

Long term effects from chicken jerky? Hello Marie, I have been feeding my dog Wagon Wheel Chicken Strips for the better... (3724 views)

Dog has smelly ears. hiya my puppy has a smell coming from his ears its not strong but when you come... (3501 views)

Ketoconazole, Heartgard, Comfortis. Good morning. Well this is kind of a follow-up question on Poppi. I wrote to you on... (3354 views)