Ear cartilage broken.

Breed: mini snhuzer
someone has broke the cartridge in my dogs ear by rubbing them hard. what can i do about this and will it give him trouble with his hearing or health. he is three years old.

I don't think it's possible for someone to "break the cartilage" in a dog's ears.

Some dogs will have ears that get more droopy over time. Or, some dogs on certain medications such as steroids can have damage to their ear cartilage.

There are rare conditions where an immune system problem can cause floppy ears.

It's probably a good idea to have your vet take a look and see if they can determine what is going on.

Does my cat have glaucoma? About 2 weeks ago, I started noticing that Mietzi's right pupil would always stay... (4660 views)

Dog can't jump. My dog has a hard time standing up from the sitting position. Occasionally, he will... (10911 views)

Canine tooth extracted. My cat recently underwent a procedure to remove her broken, upper right canine. It... (5537 views)

Vomiting and not eating. Buster was throwing up for over two weeks. I had him to an emergency pet hospital,... (20825 views)

Not eating, losing weight. My cat has lost a lot of weight in the past 3 weeks. She cries for food but then... (8681 views)

Swollen ear with pus. my dogs ear has suddenly become really swollen with what seems like puss it is very... (7750 views)

Grade 5 heart murmur in kitten. I raise and show Devon Rexes. I have a litter of 6 kittens that were 8 weeks old... (8594 views)

Is my dog in pain? Hi dr, Marie, I'm the one that asked about the papaya leaf for... (4269 views)

Dog leaps to her feet. Why does my 12 year old lame Siberian Husky suddenly leap to her feet and walk off.... (6976 views)

Intranasal vaccine reaction. our kitten seams to have had a reaction to her nasal vacine it had been about four... (7424 views)