Ear cartilage broken.

Breed: mini snhuzer
someone has broke the cartridge in my dogs ear by rubbing them hard. what can i do about this and will it give him trouble with his hearing or health. he is three years old.

I don't think it's possible for someone to "break the cartilage" in a dog's ears.

Some dogs will have ears that get more droopy over time. Or, some dogs on certain medications such as steroids can have damage to their ear cartilage.

There are rare conditions where an immune system problem can cause floppy ears.

It's probably a good idea to have your vet take a look and see if they can determine what is going on.

Sudden death in papillon My Doctor, I had a six year old female Papillon. She was in seemingly perfect and... (5873 views)

Older cat with congestion. First, thank u for your input on my cami that past on previous question.my husband... (4045 views)

Good chew toys for dogs. Hi Dr, I have a 9 month old dog who is part Golden and part Canadian beaver. He... (12892 views)

Ferret with hair loss and wobbliness. My ferett has lost all hair on back and i came home today and he is extremly wobbly... (15660 views)

Should cat have her teeth cleaned? My 13 year old cat recently went for a wellness vet visit at a new vet. The vet... (9911 views)

Soft yellow stools and weight loss Sorry that this is long, but I want to give ALL details in case it helps. I... (34571 views)

Chihuahua ate tennis ball. My small, 5lb baby girl chihauha (sp?) was outside playing with our two other dogs. ... (17062 views)

Dog eating his own poop. My dog is eating his poo. He eats his poop whenever he gets the chance! Is there... (7941 views)

Feral cat with eye infection. We have a feral cat that was born in our yard 5 years ago. When he was a kitten he... (22720 views)

Cat is hungry and has swollen tummy. Our cat seems to be hungry all the time, she is spayed, but we have just moved... (22548 views)