Ear cartilage broken.

Breed: mini snhuzer
someone has broke the cartridge in my dogs ear by rubbing them hard. what can i do about this and will it give him trouble with his hearing or health. he is three years old.

I don't think it's possible for someone to "break the cartilage" in a dog's ears.

Some dogs will have ears that get more droopy over time. Or, some dogs on certain medications such as steroids can have damage to their ear cartilage.

There are rare conditions where an immune system problem can cause floppy ears.

It's probably a good idea to have your vet take a look and see if they can determine what is going on.

Cat has an itchy head. Hello, my cat's head is very itchy. She has been wearing a e-collar for a year... (10207 views)

Lumps all over body. Hello, I have a 6 year old italian grey hound. Before he was very very active and... (32167 views)

Dogs eyes are lazy. Within the past 2 days I have noticed my dog's eyes are turing outward, like they... (90598 views)

White bumps on anus. Hi Dr. Marie, I know you are quite busy with all your other questions and I am... (20451 views)

Revolution and fleas my dogs are treated with frontline and we brought home a kitten that was treated... (15962 views)

Boxer collapsed. Last saturday our female 1 year old boxer collapsed and her gums went very pale. We... (12013 views)

Golden retriever with lymphoma died. My golden retriever was 125 pounds (all muscle) and enjoyed perfect health for all... (32379 views)

Bumps on dog's chin. my dog has some bumps under her mouth and one on the side of her mouth. they were... (34077 views)

Vulvar tumor thank you for your reply to my first question about my cat who died from a vulval... (7413 views)

Need spanish to be a vet? I am wishing to go into the veterinary workforce, and I would love to know if you... (12056 views)