Ear cartilage broken.

Breed: mini snhuzer
someone has broke the cartridge in my dogs ear by rubbing them hard. what can i do about this and will it give him trouble with his hearing or health. he is three years old.

I don't think it's possible for someone to "break the cartilage" in a dog's ears.

Some dogs will have ears that get more droopy over time. Or, some dogs on certain medications such as steroids can have damage to their ear cartilage.

There are rare conditions where an immune system problem can cause floppy ears.

It's probably a good idea to have your vet take a look and see if they can determine what is going on.

FIP? Fever and fluid. We brought Mo into the vet two weeks ago because he had stopped eating and grooming... (6749 views)

Muscle atrophy in a cat. Its been two weeks since my 13 yr old cat, Sweety, has been unable to walk and the 4... (23131 views)

Occult blood in urine. Hi Dr. Marie This is in regard to Oreo, I dont know if you recall our situation... (9927 views)

Puppies with dandruff. We got 5 puppies from a friend of mine and the puppies have hair loss itching and it... (6566 views)

Sore after shots. This past Sunday my husband gave our 2 dogs their yearly shots. Our 1 dog is now... (18760 views)

Tick Borne Disease. I took my dog to the vet on both Friday and Saturday. He has a fever. He has a... (9513 views)

Bleach for parvo? My great pyrenees mix, which is almost a year was a stray before I got her a little... (18124 views)

Older cat problems. My cat is eating constantly. Every hour or two she cries at me to eat. And she's... (9611 views)

Pumpkin for anal glands. My dog has anal gland troubles, the vet mentioned fiber treats, I was wondering for... (32055 views)

Arthritis medicine for dogs. Zoey recently has been having trouble walking. I think it may be her hips? She does... (6183 views)