Ear cartilage broken.

Breed: mini snhuzer
someone has broke the cartridge in my dogs ear by rubbing them hard. what can i do about this and will it give him trouble with his hearing or health. he is three years old.

I don't think it's possible for someone to "break the cartilage" in a dog's ears.

Some dogs will have ears that get more droopy over time. Or, some dogs on certain medications such as steroids can have damage to their ear cartilage.

There are rare conditions where an immune system problem can cause floppy ears.

It's probably a good idea to have your vet take a look and see if they can determine what is going on.

How to get cat to eat. I have a cat that developed anorexia. She lost so much weight that she developed... (6552 views)

How to get guinea pig to gain weight. Hi! Remember me? Some days ago one of my friends gave me a guinea pig that she... (16334 views)

Vomiting and not eating. Buster was throwing up for over two weeks. I had him to an emergency pet hospital,... (24586 views)

How long after flea treatment will my dog stop scratching? We adopted a female german shepherd husky mix. She is about 9 months old and 35... (96559 views)

How to socialize fearful dog. how do you socialize a fearful dog? this dog I have will not go by anyone, if I walk... (12512 views)

Cause of high ALP? mickey a male is 6 and 1/2 years old. he was prescribed on 8/12/11 rimadyl (1/2 75mg... (13883 views)

Coughing dog. Hi, We have talked before. Trixie is 13 years old and has had kidney issues. I... (18647 views)

Grain free foods and allergies. Previously I have a Siberian Husky that got food allergy because I kept him on the... (12878 views)

Coronavirus and FIP. I recently adopted a cat from overseas, and I found out later he was housed briefly... (9507 views)

Cat vomiting and not eating. Hi Dr. Marie...I wonder if you could help me figure out if my cat is really sick. ... (32865 views)