Is aspirin safe for dogs?

Breed: Siberian Husky
I bought the excel enteric coated aspirin 81mg each for my 85lb husky. I don't know what the dose is. Can you help me? Thanks.

In my opinion, aspirin is not safe to give to dogs unless you have the go ahead from your veterinarian.

Some dogs can get serious side effects from taking aspirin including:

• Stomach ulcers

• Bleeding problems

• Kidney damage

Aspirin does not tend to be very effective in helping with pain. If a dog is painful enough to need medication then usually they need a prescription strength medication such as Metacam, Deramaxx, Previcox or Rimadyl.

Unfortunately there is no over the counter medicine for pain that I would consider safe to use in dogs.

Is my dog pregnant? i was woke up this morning mu my female pup crying and yelping. so i found her... (12890 views)

Blood in urine. I can not afford to take her to a vet...so here I am. I have just noticed while... (7920 views)

Salt lick for dogs? My dog is constantly licking things (windows, sprinkler heads, feet, floors, ect)... (35371 views)

Kitten has diarrhea my kitten is 8-10 weeks old...shes been on dry food now for about 3 weeks. was on... (3850 views)

Golden with itchy abdomen. Hello My dog Henri has been constantly licking and chewing his underside inside... (29476 views)

Why is cat urinating in the house? Hi Dr. Marie, Recently, my one cat Habibi has started urinating outside of the... (4008 views)

Vulvar tumor thank you for your reply to my first question about my cat who died from a vulval... (5649 views)

Loss of muscle mass on one leg. My dog has lost muscle mass on just ONE hind leg and is getting worse everyday. He... (19364 views)

Dog licking everything My dog has recently started compulsivley licking his paws/us/anything else he can... (12073 views)

Trouble with back legs. I have a 11 yr old, inside only cat, that is a little over weight approx. 15lbs.... (28227 views)