Is aspirin safe for dogs?

Breed: Siberian Husky
I bought the excel enteric coated aspirin 81mg each for my 85lb husky. I don't know what the dose is. Can you help me? Thanks.

In my opinion, aspirin is not safe to give to dogs unless you have the go ahead from your veterinarian.

Some dogs can get serious side effects from taking aspirin including:

• Stomach ulcers

• Bleeding problems

• Kidney damage

Aspirin does not tend to be very effective in helping with pain. If a dog is painful enough to need medication then usually they need a prescription strength medication such as Metacam, Deramaxx, Previcox or Rimadyl.

Unfortunately there is no over the counter medicine for pain that I would consider safe to use in dogs.

Bladder cancer and can't walk. I accidentally closed the window the first time I got directed here so think that I... (12338 views)

Leaking anal glands. My dog has anal leakage. I had her glands expressed but she is still leaking. I... (45739 views)

Sudden death in a dog after swimming. My dog was swimming in the lake for 1-2 mins, she came out, then ran around suddenly... (12453 views)

Boxer having seizures. Questions about seizures and MRI. Hello, My question is VERY similar to the... (8120 views)

Seizure episode. he just had a sesiure like episode where he was walking with me and just kinda... (7322 views)

Abscess or Cancer? My 8 year old shih tzu had raptured disks surgery five months ago. He was on wheel... (9455 views)

Damaged intestines? A few weeks ago I busted Diesel eating berries off a tree in the back yard. I told... (12293 views)

Diabetes and IBD. Hi Dr. Marie- This one is long and complicated, but hopefully it makes sense! I... (9042 views)

Back spasms 2 years ago, I took Rusty to an emergeny vet one evening because he seemed warm and... (18574 views)

Possible laryngeal paralysis. Jet has started making sounds like he is gasping for breath and then coughs. This... (13737 views)