Is aspirin safe for dogs?

Breed: Siberian Husky
I bought the excel enteric coated aspirin 81mg each for my 85lb husky. I don't know what the dose is. Can you help me? Thanks.

In my opinion, aspirin is not safe to give to dogs unless you have the go ahead from your veterinarian.

Some dogs can get serious side effects from taking aspirin including:

• Stomach ulcers

• Bleeding problems

• Kidney damage

Aspirin does not tend to be very effective in helping with pain. If a dog is painful enough to need medication then usually they need a prescription strength medication such as Metacam, Deramaxx, Previcox or Rimadyl.

Unfortunately there is no over the counter medicine for pain that I would consider safe to use in dogs.

Chronic doxycycline use. How many weeks can I safely keep my pug on 100 mg daily of doxycycline... (15863 views)

Time to put dog to sleep? My dog is very old and has been Very skinny the past month, But yesterday he lost... (7881 views)

Found bug in dog's ear. Hello, My name is Karroll I have a 4 year old Chihuahua. Lattly he has been... (11003 views)

Dog has hotspots from fleas. In August my dog started scratching and biting creating hotspots. She has been... (9358 views)

Infection in neuter incision? My dog got neutered 10 days ago (Aug 9th) and in a distracted moment he licked the... (63153 views)

Peeing on walls. Okay,I have a female spayed 2 year old cat and never sprayed walls and peed walls.... (14874 views)

Large liver and spleen. Male cat 10 yo & neutered has enlarged pancreas and spleen, slightly enlarged liver.... (23009 views)

Accident in bed. Hi Dr. Marie, I am writing to you because Max (who normally sleeps in our bed at... (10571 views)

Sheltie is afraid of people. I have a one year old female Sheltie. she is very nervous around people. She was... (15648 views)

Canine tooth extracted. My cat recently underwent a procedure to remove her broken, upper right canine. It... (7814 views)