Is aspirin safe for dogs?

Breed: Siberian Husky
I bought the excel enteric coated aspirin 81mg each for my 85lb husky. I don't know what the dose is. Can you help me? Thanks.

In my opinion, aspirin is not safe to give to dogs unless you have the go ahead from your veterinarian.

Some dogs can get serious side effects from taking aspirin including:

• Stomach ulcers

• Bleeding problems

• Kidney damage

Aspirin does not tend to be very effective in helping with pain. If a dog is painful enough to need medication then usually they need a prescription strength medication such as Metacam, Deramaxx, Previcox or Rimadyl.

Unfortunately there is no over the counter medicine for pain that I would consider safe to use in dogs.

Tumor or cystitis? I have a 17-year-old male cat (British short hair). He is in good health, eats and... (7450 views)

Time to put dog to sleep? My dog is very old and has been Very skinny the past month, But yesterday he lost... (4884 views)

Cat licking at belly. My Cat has been licking and cleaning her abdomen untill she as removed most of the... (5433 views)

Swollen painful gums. Stomatitis? Other vets have been trying to figure out what is wrong, or how to help Yoko. Her... (11573 views)

Ear problems. Charlie has possibly caught ear mites. He his continuously scratching for minutes... (6447 views)

medicine for collapsing trachea We are leaving for a car trip with Skiggy. She has a collapsable larynx and gets... (6635 views)

Red bubble in corner of eye. My dog has a red membrane sticking out from the corner of his eye - kind of like a... (18306 views)

Trim ferret's teeth? can you trim your ferrets teeth so that when they bite it wont hurt as much and if... (5581 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea. I have a 4mo old kitten who has had diarrhea 2 days and threw up last night. No... (3539 views)

Kitten got head caught in door. The kitten got its head caught in the pantry door as it was closing. It seems to... (13739 views)