Is aspirin safe for dogs?

Breed: Siberian Husky
I bought the excel enteric coated aspirin 81mg each for my 85lb husky. I don't know what the dose is. Can you help me? Thanks.

In my opinion, aspirin is not safe to give to dogs unless you have the go ahead from your veterinarian.

Some dogs can get serious side effects from taking aspirin including:

• Stomach ulcers

• Bleeding problems

• Kidney damage

Aspirin does not tend to be very effective in helping with pain. If a dog is painful enough to need medication then usually they need a prescription strength medication such as Metacam, Deramaxx, Previcox or Rimadyl.

Unfortunately there is no over the counter medicine for pain that I would consider safe to use in dogs.

Cosequin questions Deja has been X-rayed and the vet here has informed me he has arthritis in his left... (15993 views)

Dog can't move hind legs. What happens if your dog can't move her hind legs without them sliding out from... (16505 views)

How to calm down hyper dog. We adopted Samson a year ago from the local shelter. He has been a great pet, highly... (12351 views)

Low fat foods and tripe for pancreatitis. My 3 yr old Golden who was on Orijen for 2 years had a pancreatitis attack about 6... (29201 views)

Vulvar tumor thank you for your reply to my first question about my cat who died from a vulval... (9394 views)

Behavior after having puppies My dog had puppies three weeks ago. She started acting funny and hid underneath the... (16355 views)

Can I deworm a nursing female dog? BB is nursing 3 week old pups,can she be wormed while... (43790 views)

Does Prozac cause diarrhea in dogs? I want to know if continuing diarrhea is a possible side effect of prozac. My dog... (25882 views)

Itchy by tail Dr. Marie, my dog always kind of chews/bites/scratches under the right side of his... (8003 views)

Spinal cord lymphoma Hello Dr. Marie, Our angel puppy Oreo passed away last night. We decided to move... (13551 views)