Is aspirin safe for dogs?

Breed: Siberian Husky
I bought the excel enteric coated aspirin 81mg each for my 85lb husky. I don't know what the dose is. Can you help me? Thanks.

In my opinion, aspirin is not safe to give to dogs unless you have the go ahead from your veterinarian.

Some dogs can get serious side effects from taking aspirin including:

• Stomach ulcers

• Bleeding problems

• Kidney damage

Aspirin does not tend to be very effective in helping with pain. If a dog is painful enough to need medication then usually they need a prescription strength medication such as Metacam, Deramaxx, Previcox or Rimadyl.

Unfortunately there is no over the counter medicine for pain that I would consider safe to use in dogs.

Vet lost the lump! My cat had surgery last Thursday to have a cyst on his toe removed to see if it was... (8414 views)

Vomiting and balance issues. my dog is losing her equalibreum and was throwing up yellow stomach bile.her poop is... (18039 views)

Can a dog be born with rabies. does dog have rabbies when they were... (11819 views)

Prozac for submissive peeing? My Morkie is 2 1/2 years old. I rescued her at 6 mos. she is aggressive and also... (4914 views)

Is my dog hypothyroid? My bichon is obese. She weighs 35 lbs but is also taller than my other bichon who... (5424 views)

Bumps on schnauzer. Hi Dr. Marie, Firstly, I'd like to thank you for this very valuable, yet... (18902 views)

Worms in kittens. Hey there, I just got two 9 week old kittens. They have had their shots but they... (62486 views)

Chihuahua has back problem. Hi! One of my four chihuahuas, Ginger, has been having a back problem for a while... (9329 views)

Sterile nodular panniculitis? Hi, My dog has a patch of nodules on his neck. I took him to our normal vet five... (22644 views)

Benadryl for thunderstorms? My dog is terified of thunderstoms. Pants, tongue hanging out, eyes huge, and heart... (31942 views)