Is aspirin safe for dogs?

Breed: Siberian Husky
I bought the excel enteric coated aspirin 81mg each for my 85lb husky. I don't know what the dose is. Can you help me? Thanks.

In my opinion, aspirin is not safe to give to dogs unless you have the go ahead from your veterinarian.

Some dogs can get serious side effects from taking aspirin including:

• Stomach ulcers

• Bleeding problems

• Kidney damage

Aspirin does not tend to be very effective in helping with pain. If a dog is painful enough to need medication then usually they need a prescription strength medication such as Metacam, Deramaxx, Previcox or Rimadyl.

Unfortunately there is no over the counter medicine for pain that I would consider safe to use in dogs.

Swelling on dog's face. Hi the right side of my 6 year old boxer boy's face has swelled up - looks like he... (47291 views)

Homeopathic treatment of FIP. Hello, My cat is verified (80% confirmed) to infect FIP(wet type). The vet told... (9024 views)

Goopy eyes. My kittens eyes are BOTH gooping up a lot. I do not know if it is an infection, or... (7975 views)

Throwing up and diarrhea. My dog has been throwing up and has had diarrhea for a couple of days. She is able... (25729 views)

Vomiting Dog. I contacted you about Little White Dog on April 24. She had had an exploratory to... (16051 views)

Type of clippers? I need to know what kind or brand of trimmer to use on my rough coat Collie. Tried... (8495 views)

Kitten has diarrhea my kitten is 8-10 weeks old...shes been on dry food now for about 3 weeks. was on... (3611 views)

Peeing on blankets. We adopted Ginger a year ago and it took some time to get her house trained. She now... (11947 views)

Bassett with swollen eyes. I have a 5 year old bassett whos eye swelled up quite a bit this morning. We took... (10880 views)

Lump near spay incision. Dog has sore on paw looks like a circle and it's very tender to touch. It has... (14388 views)