Is aspirin safe for dogs?

Breed: Siberian Husky
I bought the excel enteric coated aspirin 81mg each for my 85lb husky. I don't know what the dose is. Can you help me? Thanks.

In my opinion, aspirin is not safe to give to dogs unless you have the go ahead from your veterinarian.

Some dogs can get serious side effects from taking aspirin including:

• Stomach ulcers

• Bleeding problems

• Kidney damage

Aspirin does not tend to be very effective in helping with pain. If a dog is painful enough to need medication then usually they need a prescription strength medication such as Metacam, Deramaxx, Previcox or Rimadyl.

Unfortunately there is no over the counter medicine for pain that I would consider safe to use in dogs.

Cat pooping on floor. My cat doesn't poop in her litter box, so I put down rugs near her litter box and... (12434 views)

In heat cat spay. Dear Dr. Marie, Gracie was spayed today (by laser). When I picked her up the vet... (15206 views)

Sard Oxy Plus. My cat accidently stood in some Sard Oxy Plus stain remover then licked her paws and... (9321 views)

Kitten was hit by a car. Hello. I would really appreciate if you could help with this situation. My kitten... (11016 views)

Overdose of drontal. My 9 week old kitten had an anti inflammatory injection, her first vaccine and we... (35085 views)

Tubes in dogs ears? our bulldog has bad problems with his ears they are almost swollen shut. our vet... (19715 views)

Feeding sardines. I have a male Maltese which I have owned for 4 years, he was a rescue dog so his... (16141 views)

Is my hamster dead? My hamster isn't moving like he used too. His eyes are always opened and he isn't... (16506 views)

Vaccine squirted onto skin. OK... I have a Maltese and yorkie that I was giving their second vaccine 5 in 1, and... (26511 views)

Rat bleeding from eye. It started about 4-5 weeks ago when I noticed my girl was bleeding from her eye and... (21485 views)