Cloudy eye after an infection

Breed: german shepherd
hi my dog steve is 8 months old hes a pureb german shepherd, within the last 8weeks i have taken him to the vet 4 times he got his 6 month vaccination which he became very sick from (he was throwing up, he got diareia and wouldnt eat or drink)2 weeks later he got an allergic reaction to something in our back yard, 2 weeks after that he had conjunctivituce and we got eye drops for that. in the last few days he has been rubbing his eye, i used his eye drops and washed it out with water and now it looks like his eye is slightly cloudy/ white do you know if this is all connected or what it may be? i really hope you can help, thanks

Sorry to hear that poor Steve has been through all of this!

I'm a little concerned that his eye is cloudy. This may mean that there is some scarring on the cornea (the front of the eye) as a result of the infection. Or, it could mean that there is some infection inside the eye.

It's also possible that the initial infection was caused by some sort of foreign object under the eyelid. If this is the case then he may need some sedation to examine under the lids.

He may also have something called uveitis which is inflammation inside of the eye.

Unfortunately, whenever there is an eye problem that is not clearing up I always recommend going back to the vet.

On the positive side, I wanted to let you know that I have had several patients that were in multiple times as puppies and then were very healthy adults. So, don't feel that Steve is a "lemon". I hope everything goes ok!

Can dogs take human antibiotics? Can dogs take human antibiotics or triple creams for... (17129 views)

Renal failure. Care and diet for young dog in last stages of renal failure... My sister's dog,... (20093 views)

Vomiting lethargic puppy. my dog is not wanting to eat at all and is just laying around she has vomited a few... (46061 views)

Recurring respiratory symptoms. My 1 yr old Burmese cat was purchased with what we think is cat flu. She has... (13714 views)

Wound on cat. My father's cat Jerry is 3 year old neutered male DSH who is up-to-date on all... (6616 views)

Diarrhea and vomiting in kittens. Hello Marie, thanks in advance. (Sorry for the English we are from Finland)... (7035 views)

Crusty cat nipple. My 8 year old male cats nipple was hard and crusty. I pulled it and it came out and... (79340 views)

Dog biting his own penis. I have 2 foster brothers who had been severely abused when I took them in. (Broken... (97651 views)

Female dog humping. My female pit bull everyday, anytime I lay down on my couch or bed, she jumps up on... (10431 views)

Albendazole for puppy? Long story short my little over 3 month old puppy has Giardia. Sidenote: she goes... (11389 views)