Cloudy eye after an infection

Breed: german shepherd
hi my dog steve is 8 months old hes a pureb german shepherd, within the last 8weeks i have taken him to the vet 4 times he got his 6 month vaccination which he became very sick from (he was throwing up, he got diareia and wouldnt eat or drink)2 weeks later he got an allergic reaction to something in our back yard, 2 weeks after that he had conjunctivituce and we got eye drops for that. in the last few days he has been rubbing his eye, i used his eye drops and washed it out with water and now it looks like his eye is slightly cloudy/ white do you know if this is all connected or what it may be? i really hope you can help, thanks

Sorry to hear that poor Steve has been through all of this!

I'm a little concerned that his eye is cloudy. This may mean that there is some scarring on the cornea (the front of the eye) as a result of the infection. Or, it could mean that there is some infection inside the eye.

It's also possible that the initial infection was caused by some sort of foreign object under the eyelid. If this is the case then he may need some sedation to examine under the lids.

He may also have something called uveitis which is inflammation inside of the eye.

Unfortunately, whenever there is an eye problem that is not clearing up I always recommend going back to the vet.

On the positive side, I wanted to let you know that I have had several patients that were in multiple times as puppies and then were very healthy adults. So, don't feel that Steve is a "lemon". I hope everything goes ok!

Guinea pig scabs around mouth. My guinea pig is getting brown/orange scabs around its mouth and nose?! I have took... (9223 views)

Possible degnerative myelopathy. My 12 year old Chesapeake Bay Retreiver has been diagnosed with degenerative disc... (7781 views)

Papilloma Virus. My seven month old puppy developed papilloma virus warts on his lips and then his... (24299 views)

Diarrhea and large abdomen. My 5 yr old DSH has been acting weird for the last 2 days. He had foamy,watery... (9472 views)

Snorting dog My dog has been sneezing and once ina while making a coughing sound...like snoring. ... (26704 views)

Neuter at 8 weeks? We are trying to decide when to get our male kitten spayed. He is around 2 months... (6375 views)

Cat's foot is swollen. His left back foot is swollen and his paw. Ever since it was swollen he has been... (7495 views)

Prognosis with hemangiosarcoma. i have a dog whose a 7 year old German shepherdand although he has been diagnosed... (12221 views)

Superglue for dog's wound. He had a cut on his leg from broken glass fairly deep but not long, nor puncture. I... (24690 views)

My dog won't eat. Hello i have a male 2 year old pitbull. He is an extremely picky eater when it comes... (14507 views)