Cloudy eye after an infection

Breed: german shepherd
hi my dog steve is 8 months old hes a pureb german shepherd, within the last 8weeks i have taken him to the vet 4 times he got his 6 month vaccination which he became very sick from (he was throwing up, he got diareia and wouldnt eat or drink)2 weeks later he got an allergic reaction to something in our back yard, 2 weeks after that he had conjunctivituce and we got eye drops for that. in the last few days he has been rubbing his eye, i used his eye drops and washed it out with water and now it looks like his eye is slightly cloudy/ white do you know if this is all connected or what it may be? i really hope you can help, thanks

Sorry to hear that poor Steve has been through all of this!

I'm a little concerned that his eye is cloudy. This may mean that there is some scarring on the cornea (the front of the eye) as a result of the infection. Or, it could mean that there is some infection inside the eye.

It's also possible that the initial infection was caused by some sort of foreign object under the eyelid. If this is the case then he may need some sedation to examine under the lids.

He may also have something called uveitis which is inflammation inside of the eye.

Unfortunately, whenever there is an eye problem that is not clearing up I always recommend going back to the vet.

On the positive side, I wanted to let you know that I have had several patients that were in multiple times as puppies and then were very healthy adults. So, don't feel that Steve is a "lemon". I hope everything goes ok!

Infection after cherry eye surgery? Chewy had successful cherry eye surgery about 3 months ago. Vet has closed. I... (12880 views)

Anal gland problems. Hello. I am a veterinary assistant and I am having an issue with my Cane Corso's... (6651 views)

Lump on dog. Hi Dr Marie, I realize your answer to this may be a best guess... But today I... (10869 views)

Dog licking everything My dog has recently started compulsivley licking his paws/us/anything else he can... (12878 views)

Submissive urination. Hey Dr.Marie my dog Mya is 1 year and a half but everytime someone picks her up she... (8921 views)

Start thryoid medicine? Biscuit has been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism (T4 > 7). He has lost 1 pound... (7324 views)

Jaundiced dog. Hi, I have an 8yr old female labrador that on the 30th December, 2013 evening... (13137 views)

Connection between dandruff and diabetes? My pet has recently been diagnosed with Diabetes. She is on 5 units of insulin 2x... (13153 views)

Dog toe xray. I took my dog Cooper to the vet last week and he believed he had a bone... (18719 views)

Cat flung himself around. Hello about 2 weeks ago my 12 year old cat was sleeping soundly when he woke up... (5158 views)