Cloudy eye after an infection

Breed: german shepherd
hi my dog steve is 8 months old hes a pureb german shepherd, within the last 8weeks i have taken him to the vet 4 times he got his 6 month vaccination which he became very sick from (he was throwing up, he got diareia and wouldnt eat or drink)2 weeks later he got an allergic reaction to something in our back yard, 2 weeks after that he had conjunctivituce and we got eye drops for that. in the last few days he has been rubbing his eye, i used his eye drops and washed it out with water and now it looks like his eye is slightly cloudy/ white do you know if this is all connected or what it may be? i really hope you can help, thanks

Sorry to hear that poor Steve has been through all of this!

I'm a little concerned that his eye is cloudy. This may mean that there is some scarring on the cornea (the front of the eye) as a result of the infection. Or, it could mean that there is some infection inside the eye.

It's also possible that the initial infection was caused by some sort of foreign object under the eyelid. If this is the case then he may need some sedation to examine under the lids.

He may also have something called uveitis which is inflammation inside of the eye.

Unfortunately, whenever there is an eye problem that is not clearing up I always recommend going back to the vet.

On the positive side, I wanted to let you know that I have had several patients that were in multiple times as puppies and then were very healthy adults. So, don't feel that Steve is a "lemon". I hope everything goes ok!

Puppy ate vomit. my dog is crying and has a fever and is very sluggish my wife is pregnant and going... (9441 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea. Dear Dr. Marie, I adopted a shelter dog from the southern US last September. He is... (10093 views)

Vacuolar hepatopathy. Hi Dr. Marie I am following up with you regarding Oreo's elevated bile acid... (18989 views)

Is this fleas? Dear Dr. Marie, This is my 2nd time asking a question. Thank you for your great... (5867 views)

Skin lesion on gerbil. can you recommend a treatment for what appears to be a hot spot or skin irritation... (6855 views)

15 year old dog with kidney failure. My dog Gyppie had a bloody stool, large. We took her to the vet. He ran blood work,... (7433 views)

Is my dog pregnant? my dog had puppies about 7 months ago and i wasn't home often to make sure her and... (13941 views)

Dog with large tumor on neck. My Dog Re has a large Growth on hes neck, we live 100kms from any vet so with hes... (35933 views)

Should I spay my dog? Hello, I have an 8-year old Maltese which is not spayed. It was something we... (11632 views)

Bald spots on cat's legs. I moved from Los Angeles to St.Louis with my cat. For a few months now I've noticed... (14102 views)