Cloudy eye after an infection

Breed: german shepherd
hi my dog steve is 8 months old hes a pureb german shepherd, within the last 8weeks i have taken him to the vet 4 times he got his 6 month vaccination which he became very sick from (he was throwing up, he got diareia and wouldnt eat or drink)2 weeks later he got an allergic reaction to something in our back yard, 2 weeks after that he had conjunctivituce and we got eye drops for that. in the last few days he has been rubbing his eye, i used his eye drops and washed it out with water and now it looks like his eye is slightly cloudy/ white do you know if this is all connected or what it may be? i really hope you can help, thanks

Sorry to hear that poor Steve has been through all of this!

I'm a little concerned that his eye is cloudy. This may mean that there is some scarring on the cornea (the front of the eye) as a result of the infection. Or, it could mean that there is some infection inside the eye.

It's also possible that the initial infection was caused by some sort of foreign object under the eyelid. If this is the case then he may need some sedation to examine under the lids.

He may also have something called uveitis which is inflammation inside of the eye.

Unfortunately, whenever there is an eye problem that is not clearing up I always recommend going back to the vet.

On the positive side, I wanted to let you know that I have had several patients that were in multiple times as puppies and then were very healthy adults. So, don't feel that Steve is a "lemon". I hope everything goes ok!

Sick kitten We recently found this kitten last week outside, when we found him we estimated that... (8356 views)

One puppy in litter died. I had five yookiepoo pups. One has died. Yesterday was the first day that it acted... (15153 views)

Dog shaking and limping. Dear Dr: Since yesterday I see that my dog tires to go to the bathrooms and hide.... (10626 views)

Dog ate toy. Yes, he's at it again. Last night, 9 pm, I bought him a toy penguine to chew on.... (107076 views)

Pine bedding and gerbils. Hi, We noticed that our gerbil was lethargic, eyes closed, breathing rapidly. I... (8058 views)

Dog eating his own poop. My dog is eating his poo. He eats his poop whenever he gets the chance! Is there... (9141 views)

Parvo? My English Mastiff started vomiting on Friday. By Saturday he had extremely watery... (14459 views)

Bump under eye - tooth abscess My dog has had an abscess on her face for a while, under her eye, but it hasn't... (15103 views)

Lumps on cat's abdomen. Cubbie recently (1 week) developed two fibrous (?) lumps, one on each side of her... (24311 views)

Pregnant cat is vomiting. My cat got out and didn't come home for about a month. When she got out she was in... (18581 views)