lump on ear

Breed: mini dachshund
In the last couple weeks a bump on the tip of my dogs ear has shown up. We have been keeping an eye on it and it just keeps on getting bigger. Its redish brown and looks like its scabbed over on the top of the bump. It doesn't seem to hurt him when I touch it or put some presser on it. What could it be? Do you think they need to remove it right away? I know its going to cost a lot of money to take him to to vet and have them remove it but I just want a second opinion before I take him in. Thank you for your help.

This is a tough question to answer without seeing Gus Gus' lump.

It is possible that this is just a wound or even an infected insect bite. However, if the lump is continuing to get bigger then there is the possibility that there is something more serious going on.

If it is a tumor, it may be something called a histiocytoma which is a benign tumor that goes away on its own. However, it could be something more serious such as a mast cell tumor. If it is a mast cell tumor then you need to have it removed as soon as possible.

I would definitely recommend a vet visit. Your vet will likely do a test called a fine needle aspirate and determine how worried we need to be.

Kitten diarrhea. my cat is having diarrhea and is growing weak everyday. he's feces have mucus and he... (9194 views)

Itchy dog. Desirae was gave to us,she was dirty and i belive she was kept outside,when we got... (5585 views)

Vulvar tumor thank you for your reply to my first question about my cat who died from a vulval... (6885 views)

Nutritional supplement for repeated fractures. I have a chihuahua who has broken the same leg three times in the last year. The... (9760 views)

Cat puts her paw on my face. Why does my cat Bruski always put her paw on my face when shes sleeping shell keep... (24106 views)

Anxious at night time. Okay, So this is a slightly weird question but it is one that is extremely... (31549 views)

Is this mammary tumor cancerous? We have an 8 yr old shih Tzu, female spayed before first heat and we noticed a lump... (4517 views)

Leaking anal glands. My dog has anal leakage. I had her glands expressed but she is still leaking. I... (44916 views)

Older dog liver problems. We gave a 13 year old Maltese. He has had liver shunts and since he was 3 months we... (11410 views)

Health problems. WE DO NEED A QUICK ANSWER, BUT IN CASE DOG WILL HANG ON, HERE GOES: 10 YRS OLD... (7889 views)