Pus filled lump on boxer.

Breed: Boxer

About four days ago, we noticed what looked like a cut on our male boxer's neck.

Upon further inspection, I removed his leather collar(and have kept it off and ordered a new one) and noticed that he had what looked sort of like a pimple. The bump itself is about the diameter of a dime coin, maybe smaller.

I noticed it had some yellowish discharge(pus?)and squeezed what I could out and cleaned it hoping it would dry up and go away.

I also noticed our other boxer(female)would lick at Kimo's "pimple". We try to keep her from doing this anymore.

It's now been a couple of days and I've been cleaning it and squeezing what I can out of it. The area right on top of it is hairless now. Oh, and he's not scratching it and is acting and eating normally.

What do you think?

Hi. I'm so sorry for the delay in replying. My status somehow changed to online when I was not online! Let me know if you would like a refund and I will be happy to do so.

This is a tough question to answer without actually seeing this lump. There are several things that it could be. My first instinct is that it could be some type of a sebaceous cyst. These are small lumps filled with gooey material. Sometimes the material looks like cottage cheese. They're usually nothing to worry about but it may not go away.

It's also possible that this is some type of an infection. If this is the case you will notice it getting more and more red and irritating. If this happens then Kimo will need to see a vet. Antibiotic creams or ointments won't be enough to fix this if it is an infection.

Boxers can be prone to a number of types of skin cancers. For this reason, if the lump has not decreased in size in another few days or so it is probably a good idea to have your vet take a look. From what you have described, cancer seems unlikely, but I still think it's worthwhile to have it checked.

Hopefully things have cleared up by now!

Recovery from FCE. Our dog was diagnosed with FCE about two months ago, I have been noticing some... (9534 views)

Lump on dog's foot. Hello, my 12 month old female boxer has a small pink lump on her toe/paw. I noticed... (26353 views)

Swollen ankle. On 4/10/12 our dog was running down the hallway as usual and slipped as usual cause... (4496 views)

Fluid in chest? My dog has been having this weird breathing issue where whenever he lays down it... (12505 views)

Dog's face is swollen. my dog's face is swollen, her muzzle is swollen on both sides and very firm/hard... (128684 views)

Will mating kill my dog? i have had my dog for 2 weeks an she has just mated with my brothers dog but the... (7283 views)

Lesions on foot pads. my cat is missing large pieces of skin on its foot pads after getting scabs all over... (8283 views)

Lip fold pyoderma. I have suddenly noticed that Blue has an area of bright red, raw skin on both sides... (11109 views)

Switching foods for allergies. My male yorkie has recently developed food allergies. He has been n wheat corn and... (7022 views)

Multiple mast cell tumors. Hi Marie, it says that my question has been answered, but I do not know how to... (15182 views)