Dog with bad breath.

Breed: boxer male
im from philippines, i really sleep at bed every night with my dog.the problem is, i need to change my beddings daily because of bad breath, his saliva maybe spits to my bed. i use woof spray but its not working, please send me a copy how to make homemade to freshen his breath.

Hi and thanks for your question.

It's not normal for a 6-12 month old puppy to have breath that is this bad. In an older dog I would be telling you that he needs to have a dental cleaning.

It's possible that he has a tooth infection. If this is the case then the only treatment that is likely to work is to have the tooth removed under an anesthetic.

There are all sorts of sprays and products to help freshen dog breath but I really don't find that they work well. Usually if there is an odor it is because there is a medical problem.

Hopefully he can see the vet soon!

Remove lumps? Sammy is an 8 yr old golden from a fairly good breeder. But Cancer is know to be in... (11525 views)

Sore leg in 16 year old cat. Hello We have a cat that is about 16 years old. The last couple of days she has... (6085 views)

ACTH Stim my dog went for acht testing on friday to look for addisons disease te vet isnt in... (9487 views)

Homeopathic medicine questions. My dog has had nasal congestion, runny nose, mucus from his eyes and a little from... (13464 views)

How long is parvo contagious? i recently got a puppy and after 3 days i found out he had parvo and had to be put... (23655 views)

Kidney disease in a cat. First of all I am asking you because I am under extreme financial constraints right... (27210 views)

Is this rabies? My dog is going crazy. He's been shaking and walking somewhere and walking back for... (8050 views)

Time for euthanasia? My 19 year old cat has been ill for some time. For many years I have had to help... (7202 views)

Alternative to fluid pills. What can be done about getting rid of fluid in my dog other than fluid pills?... (10843 views)

Mast cell tumor. Dear Dr. Marie: My dog, Jammy, has had a small lump near her neck that filled up... (11472 views)