Dog with bad breath.

Breed: boxer male
im from philippines, i really sleep at bed every night with my dog.the problem is, i need to change my beddings daily because of bad breath, his saliva maybe spits to my bed. i use woof spray but its not working, please send me a copy how to make homemade to freshen his breath.

Hi and thanks for your question.

It's not normal for a 6-12 month old puppy to have breath that is this bad. In an older dog I would be telling you that he needs to have a dental cleaning.

It's possible that he has a tooth infection. If this is the case then the only treatment that is likely to work is to have the tooth removed under an anesthetic.

There are all sorts of sprays and products to help freshen dog breath but I really don't find that they work well. Usually if there is an odor it is because there is a medical problem.

Hopefully he can see the vet soon!

Proin for incontinence. Our lab is 4 years old and has had a urinary problem since birth. When he sleeps or... (9774 views)

Can't move back legs. Cat is not able to move back legs and yowling. Maybe paralyzed? No accidents. Need... (15606 views)

Profender and pregnant women. Hi there Dr. Marie This isn't a direct question about an animal but I'm wondering... (8333 views)

Sick pregnant cat. hi, i think my cat is pregnant, shes suddenly put on alot of weight and has spotted... (8611 views)

Dog ate moldy food. I know its likely my question won't get answered, and this is a question that can't... (27216 views)

Cerenia and FIP. Holly was diagnosed with the Corona Virus when she was only a few months old. It... (7843 views)

Lumps on mammary glands. Fraya is a rescue we have had for a month. We are not sure of her age, but we think... (25077 views)

Mesenchymal tumor Need some input. My dog (she's 6)had developed a small lump/bump on her head above... (8242 views)

Bloody pee in dalmatian. what does it mean when his pee has blood in it? what should i do... (9129 views)

Calcification in the lungs. dog lung calcification Dear Dr.Mari, I hear some bad sounds whenever my dog... (7028 views)