Dog with bad breath.

Breed: boxer male
im from philippines, i really sleep at bed every night with my dog.the problem is, i need to change my beddings daily because of bad breath, his saliva maybe spits to my bed. i use woof spray but its not working, please send me a copy how to make homemade to freshen his breath.

Hi and thanks for your question.

It's not normal for a 6-12 month old puppy to have breath that is this bad. In an older dog I would be telling you that he needs to have a dental cleaning.

It's possible that he has a tooth infection. If this is the case then the only treatment that is likely to work is to have the tooth removed under an anesthetic.

There are all sorts of sprays and products to help freshen dog breath but I really don't find that they work well. Usually if there is an odor it is because there is a medical problem.

Hopefully he can see the vet soon!

Pine bedding and gerbils. Hi, We noticed that our gerbil was lethargic, eyes closed, breathing rapidly. I... (7838 views)

Why did my cat die? Hello, The other day, our cat Misty (she would have been 16-years-old next month)... (12896 views)

Dog diarrhea problems. Hi Dr, This is an update to a previous question. Max is over 10 wks old now... (35298 views)

Dog has loose stools. I adopted Levi, a beautiful and terrific champion show dog in August. I have never... (12471 views)

Seizures in sleep? My dog is 15 years old he has previously about 4 years ago had a tumor removed near... (5698 views)

Interstitial cystitis? Charlotte is constantly squatting as if she has to go, but nothing is coming out. I... (9562 views)

Very thirsty kitten. Hi there my 9 week old male kitten has been drinking water non stop from his bowl... (10484 views)

Pink spot on dog. I noticed on my dog about a month ago he had a small pink raised bump on his chest... (25551 views)

Seizures due to brain tumor? Hello I have a 9 year old standard poodle (neutured) that has had a seizure episode... (17639 views)

Trembling head - distemper? Hi there This is the issue with my little puppy. I picked him up alone from... (6236 views)