Dog with bad breath.

Breed: boxer male
im from philippines, i really sleep at bed every night with my dog.the problem is, i need to change my beddings daily because of bad breath, his saliva maybe spits to my bed. i use woof spray but its not working, please send me a copy how to make homemade to freshen his breath.

Hi and thanks for your question.

It's not normal for a 6-12 month old puppy to have breath that is this bad. In an older dog I would be telling you that he needs to have a dental cleaning.

It's possible that he has a tooth infection. If this is the case then the only treatment that is likely to work is to have the tooth removed under an anesthetic.

There are all sorts of sprays and products to help freshen dog breath but I really don't find that they work well. Usually if there is an odor it is because there is a medical problem.

Hopefully he can see the vet soon!

Pug died after pooping blood. my female pug passed away between 4:00A.M. & 8:00 A.m. yesterday. She had never... (54335 views)

Remove lumps? Sammy is an 8 yr old golden from a fairly good breeder. But Cancer is know to be in... (9772 views)

Pathology report for mammary tumor. Shelby recently had her mammary gland removed as she had multiple tumors. This... (8794 views)

Intranasal vaccine reaction. our kitten seams to have had a reaction to her nasal vacine it had been about four... (7671 views)

Severely scratching ears. I've taken my dog to 3 vets so far for "allergy" symptoms. His episodes start with... (10890 views)

Dog leaps to her feet. Why does my 12 year old lame Siberian Husky suddenly leap to her feet and walk off.... (7366 views)

Pit bull has bald patches. Hi, we have beeen to the vet three different times and he still breaking out and... (4235 views)

Possible degenerative myelopathy. Hi Dr. Marie, My 11 year old German shepherd has been taking prevacox, tramedol,... (30302 views)

Painful erection for dog. Help Dr Marie, My puppy is not neutered and three or four times I have found him... (16634 views)

Swollen lab. Hi, my name is Ron Lamoureux. One month ago I noticed that my 2 yr old Lab... (8733 views)