Dog with bad breath.

Breed: boxer male
im from philippines, i really sleep at bed every night with my dog.the problem is, i need to change my beddings daily because of bad breath, his saliva maybe spits to my bed. i use woof spray but its not working, please send me a copy how to make homemade to freshen his breath.

Hi and thanks for your question.

It's not normal for a 6-12 month old puppy to have breath that is this bad. In an older dog I would be telling you that he needs to have a dental cleaning.

It's possible that he has a tooth infection. If this is the case then the only treatment that is likely to work is to have the tooth removed under an anesthetic.

There are all sorts of sprays and products to help freshen dog breath but I really don't find that they work well. Usually if there is an odor it is because there is a medical problem.

Hopefully he can see the vet soon!

Infected spay incision? Puppy got spayed about 12 days ago and her incision was healing really quickly. Now,... (83267 views)

Can't bear weight. This isn't my pet, it is my sister in law's pet. Over the past few months, the dog... (9454 views)

Cats pooping on the carpet. I have 2 beautiful, loving cats (male/female) 6 years old. They are siblings from... (19731 views)

Does my cat have asthma? Hello Dr. Marie, My cat is on Clindomycin for an allergy she was determined to... (14430 views)

Does dog saliva heal a wound? Is there any truth to the old wive's tale that when your dog instinctlively licks a... (9801 views)

Dog is going blind. Blacky is going blind, we have no idea what is causing it , he is a healthy dog,,,... (10556 views)

Kitten nursing on my neck. why does my 8 to 10 month old kitty keep trying to suckle at my neck. He will not... (22878 views)

Feeding sardines. I have a male Maltese which I have owned for 4 years, he was a rescue dog so his... (17465 views)

Regurgitating water. Hello, Dr Marie. My cocker spaniel just recently started regurgitating water. He... (14894 views)

Bad odor from dog's behind. I have a border Collie-lab male 4 year old dog. About a week go I noticed that my... (15369 views)