Superglue for dog's wound.

Breed: Deutsch Drahthaar
He had a cut on his leg from broken glass fairly deep but not long, nor puncture. I super glued the wound and it healed nicely. About three weeks ago. The wound has healed and the fur around the wound is growing back. I never noticed any infection at all. I applied anti bacterial cream every day for a week.

Today I noticed a lump located between the skin and muscle,near the scare that's about 2x1x1 inches in size. It seems to be a fluid filled sac. Could this be infection? Should I attempt to relieve the pressure using a large syringe?

He does not seem to be in much pain, but he never real shows any pain either.

It is never a good idea to put super glue on a pet. This sounds like this was a wound that needed to be treated by a veterinarian.

Most likely Rhine has an abscess. Most dog abscesses by lancing and flushing under an anesthetic. Your vet will also likely put him on antibiotics.

Do NOT lance this yourself. He needs to see a vet immediately.

Bengal Cat health questions. please could you read this topic Dr. Marie and answer to help this person? thank you... (9296 views)

Can a dog transmit Hep C? Recently my nephew was bitten by a k-9 dog in a mistaken identity situation. My... (18788 views)

Lump on dog's side after fight. Hi there, I have a Chihuahua mix who has this huge, loose swelling on his side. He's... (9433 views)

Does pet store flea medicine work? My dog just got fleas. I've given her multiple flea baths, flea collar, and flea... (11018 views)

Why is my hamster biting me? My hamster bites me only when I take him out of his ball or exercise wheel. Even on... (11969 views)

Arthritis in elbow. My 10 year old German Shepherd mix has been limping on her front leg. It has... (15008 views)

Possible brain tumor. We would like your opinion on whether we were right in putting Barney to... (18712 views)

Is my cat diabetic? Ollie is consuming lots of water, and peeing a lot. There has been a marked increase... (5357 views)

Cat losing weight Hello, I took my 15 year old neutered cat to the vet the other day because he was... (12590 views)

Dog is going blind. Blacky is going blind, we have no idea what is causing it , he is a healthy dog,,,... (7518 views)