Superglue for dog's wound.

Breed: Deutsch Drahthaar
He had a cut on his leg from broken glass fairly deep but not long, nor puncture. I super glued the wound and it healed nicely. About three weeks ago. The wound has healed and the fur around the wound is growing back. I never noticed any infection at all. I applied anti bacterial cream every day for a week.

Today I noticed a lump located between the skin and muscle,near the scare that's about 2x1x1 inches in size. It seems to be a fluid filled sac. Could this be infection? Should I attempt to relieve the pressure using a large syringe?

He does not seem to be in much pain, but he never real shows any pain either.

It is never a good idea to put super glue on a pet. This sounds like this was a wound that needed to be treated by a veterinarian.

Most likely Rhine has an abscess. Most dog abscesses by lancing and flushing under an anesthetic. Your vet will also likely put him on antibiotics.

Do NOT lance this yourself. He needs to see a vet immediately.

Limping cat with heart problems. Hudson is a 10 year old indoor house cat. He originally came from a garbage dump in... (14893 views)

Kitten with runny nose. my kitten has had a runny nose with bad sneezing for 4 weeks now, shes eatting,... (12488 views)

Pooping and peeing outside of box. I own two cats and they're both litter box trained but today my oldest cat pooped... (7674 views)

Swelling above dog's eye. This morning I noticed redness and swelling of my dog's upper eyelid. I gave him one... (32498 views)

Occult blood in urine. Hi Dr. Marie This is in regard to Oreo, I dont know if you recall our situation... (10876 views)

Rash in dog's armpits. My boxer has been getting rashes under her front armpits, this is the 4th time it's... (24402 views)

Dog dying of parvo. sage is well......dying of parvo and i want to know ways to make a dog really happy... (16936 views)

Is Tropiclean safe? Dear Dr. Marie: Hello! I am writing to ask about giving a water additive to my... (19413 views)

Dog ate food with onions. my dog ate cut up sausage but it had onion,will he get sick... (10215 views)

Can't close mouth. Hi! My cat is 21 years old. Just recently its like his lower jaw has shifted to the... (11453 views)