Superglue for dog's wound.

Breed: Deutsch Drahthaar
He had a cut on his leg from broken glass fairly deep but not long, nor puncture. I super glued the wound and it healed nicely. About three weeks ago. The wound has healed and the fur around the wound is growing back. I never noticed any infection at all. I applied anti bacterial cream every day for a week.

Today I noticed a lump located between the skin and muscle,near the scare that's about 2x1x1 inches in size. It seems to be a fluid filled sac. Could this be infection? Should I attempt to relieve the pressure using a large syringe?

He does not seem to be in much pain, but he never real shows any pain either.

It is never a good idea to put super glue on a pet. This sounds like this was a wound that needed to be treated by a veterinarian.

Most likely Rhine has an abscess. Most dog abscesses by lancing and flushing under an anesthetic. Your vet will also likely put him on antibiotics.

Do NOT lance this yourself. He needs to see a vet immediately.

Cat with weeping skin. I have a young cat (about a year and a half) that I found (and finally managed to... (8238 views)

Stuffed up dog. We are a foster home/rescue home for dogs. We brought in a new foster two weeks ago... (59994 views)

Liver shunt or exercise induced collapse? Hello Dr. Marie, I have a 2 year old female lab named Harper. Harper loves to play... (5351 views)

Large red spots on dog's stomach. When I got home from work today, my dog had several large red spots on his stomach.... (167162 views)

Occult blood in urine. Hi Dr. Marie This is in regard to Oreo, I dont know if you recall our situation... (10664 views)

Not chewing his food. I noticed he isn't chewing his dog food lately. He has always chewed before. I think... (5362 views)

Is my dog pregnant? i was woke up this morning mu my female pup crying and yelping. so i found her... (15363 views)

Bumps on dog's chin. my dog has some bumps under her mouth and one on the side of her mouth. they were... (31864 views)

Rimady and kidney disease. I took my dog to the vet because she yelped when I rubbed her belly above her... (7779 views)

Rat Lifespan? Sick rat. My 3 yr old rat is sick. His skin feels cold, breathing is rapid and labored, eyes... (10413 views)