Dog ate chocolate?

ask a vet

Superglue for dog's wound.

Species: Dog
Breed: Deutsch Drahthaar
Age: 2-5 years
He had a cut on his leg from broken glass fairly deep but not long, nor puncture. I super glued the wound and it healed nicely. About three weeks ago. The wound has healed and the fur around the wound is growing back. I never noticed any infection at all. I applied anti bacterial cream every day for a week.

Today I noticed a lump located between the skin and muscle,near the scare that's about 2x1x1 inches in size. It seems to be a fluid filled sac. Could this be infection? Should I attempt to relieve the pressure using a large syringe?

He does not seem to be in much pain, but he never real shows any pain either.


Online vet, Dr. Marie

Dr. Marie replied:

It is never a good idea to put super glue on a pet. This sounds like this was a wound that needed to be treated by a veterinarian.

Most likely Rhine has an abscess. Most dog abscesses by lancing and flushing under an anesthetic. Your vet will also likely put him on antibiotics.

Do NOT lance this yourself. He needs to see a vet immediately.

---This question was asked in our Ask A Vet For Free section.---


Do you have a pet website? Interested in learning more about SEO for Wix?


Check out our dog age calculator and cat age calculator.

Want to receive pet coupons, vet advice and info on new pet products in your inbox?

* indicates required

We'll only send you great stuff, never spam. Unsubscribe any time.

Disclaimer: Although Dr. Marie is a qualified veterinarian, the information found on this site is not meant to replace the advice of your own veterinarian. AskAVetQuestion.com and Dr. Marie do not accept any responsibility for any loss, damage, injury, death, or disease which may arise from reliance on information contained on this site. Do not use information found on this site for diagnosing or treating your pet. Anything you read here is for information only.

Search for similar questions:

ask a vet

Popular questions...

Rat with facial swelling. My rat has developed swelling on the left side of her face. Her entire cheek has... (25166 views)

Diarrhea and lump on face. My dog is a female Husky, 12 years old, 45 pounds. She had severe diarrhea... (11514 views)

Overdose of drontal. My 9 week old kitten had an anti inflammatory injection, her first vaccine and we... (35334 views)

Renal failure. Care and diet for young dog in last stages of renal failure... My sister's dog,... (19726 views)

Cat vomits regularly. My 4year old cat has been throwing up over the past two months. 99% is food. ( dry... (6593 views)

Seizures Max is 14. Four nights ago he had a big seizure that lasted about 60-90 seconds. ... (92846 views)

Milk for cat? Is milk good for a one month old... (8339 views)

Best ringworm treatment. We adopted Milo (5 months) from a shelter 2 weeks ago. He has two patches where skin... (13000 views)

Lavender plant bad for dogs and cats? Hi Dr. Marie, Can you tell me if a lavender plant is toxic to cats and dogs? I... (59712 views)

Peeing in the house. We have a problem with Storm (a male cat) weeing every where in the house we do have... (8825 views)

See all questions...

Dr. MarieDr. Marie is a veterinarian who practices in a busy animal hospital in Ottawa, Ontario. She created Ask A Vet Question as a resource for good, accurate veterinary advice online. Dr. Marie treats dogs, cats, hamsters, guinea pigs, and rats. She has been a vet since 1999.

Is an online vet visit just as good as a trip to your veterinarian? No! But, many times, asking an online veterinarian a question can help save you money. While Dr. Marie can't officially diagnose your pet or prescribe medications, she can often advise you on whether a vet visit is necessary. You can also ask Dr. Marie for a second opinion on your pet's condition.