Grunting pitbull

Breed: Pit Bull
I have two pit bulls, one is Maverick (female) and the other is Diezel (male). I have had Maverick since she was 5 weeks old. We visited her mother while she was pregnant and I noticed on our multipul visits, that her mother had this grunting sound that she made when scratched and excited. Well, long story short, Mavi does the same thing. She won't grunt just to grunt, but when you give her lovins and rub and scratch her chest and jowels. It's almost like her purr, she only makes this sounds when she's getting this type of love, not when she's getting her back/tummy rubbed. Is this normal? My boy, a pound rescue, doesn't do this.

Interesting question! I don't think anyone has ever asked me that before!

As long as she is bright and happy and eating well and not terribly itchy I wouldn't be worried about her making these grunting sounds.

It is possible that this is a genetic thing. It is likely a "mannerism". So, it is similar to how my daughter has hand gestures that are like mine. It doesn't sound like anything to worry about.

Dog ate maxi pad. 10 days ago my german Shepherd at a maxi pad ( enlongated overnight maxi with wings)... (28399 views)

Drooling and walking sideways. Last night Sadie started shaking really badly, drooling like crazy and when she... (13468 views)

How to socialize fearful dog. how do you socialize a fearful dog? this dog I have will not go by anyone, if I walk... (13888 views)

Itchy spot on thigh. my dog has started scratching his inner hind leg on one side and he licked and... (7186 views)

Vomiting undigested food. I read in a magazine Woman's World about your service to give pet medical advice. My... (22740 views)

Yellow liquid at tip of penis. Every once in a while (maybe twice a week) he will have a yellowish white dot of... (24224 views)

Cat limping and vomiting. Today I noticed that my cat was limping a bit. Later on in the day I noticed that... (23135 views)

Puppy has runny nose. Heavy clear drool vomited once this morning Oct 29th 2010 7am. Very wet nose no loss... (13974 views)

Kitten with diarrhea. My cat is being lethargic her poop is runny she isnt eating much or drinking much... (8807 views)

Black spot on Hamster's skin. my hamster has a black spot under his hair.should he have this?????????????. he is a... (22504 views)