Grunting pitbull

Breed: Pit Bull
I have two pit bulls, one is Maverick (female) and the other is Diezel (male). I have had Maverick since she was 5 weeks old. We visited her mother while she was pregnant and I noticed on our multipul visits, that her mother had this grunting sound that she made when scratched and excited. Well, long story short, Mavi does the same thing. She won't grunt just to grunt, but when you give her lovins and rub and scratch her chest and jowels. It's almost like her purr, she only makes this sounds when she's getting this type of love, not when she's getting her back/tummy rubbed. Is this normal? My boy, a pound rescue, doesn't do this.

Interesting question! I don't think anyone has ever asked me that before!

As long as she is bright and happy and eating well and not terribly itchy I wouldn't be worried about her making these grunting sounds.

It is possible that this is a genetic thing. It is likely a "mannerism". So, it is similar to how my daughter has hand gestures that are like mine. It doesn't sound like anything to worry about.

Megacolon. my cat has megacolon.we give him lactulose 1 1/2 oz 2 times a day & cisapride 1 ml 2... (11146 views)

yellow colored diarrhea We have had this puppy for about 2 weeks. The puppies were about 5 weeks when the... (12942 views)

One puppy in litter died. I had five yookiepoo pups. One has died. Yesterday was the first day that it acted... (17685 views)

Diabetic cat with seizures. I've inherited a diabetic cat with a history of seizures. Since bringing him home,... (22361 views)

Sensitive at tail base. My cat is 7 years old. She is the only suvivor of her litteer. All of the kittens... (122183 views)

Home remedy for ear infection? Hello, My golden bailey was sprayed by a skunk in September, his shots are up to... (14821 views)

Red spots My dog has been developed having red spot (lots of round and red spot with hair loss... (38941 views)

Bald spots on cat's legs. I moved from Los Angeles to St.Louis with my cat. For a few months now I've noticed... (22260 views)

Can I deworm a nursing female dog? BB is nursing 3 week old pups,can she be wormed while... (43316 views)

Sore black lab? Hi, I have a 6 1/2 year old extremely active Black Lab named Miller. He loves to... (23141 views)