Grunting pitbull

Breed: Pit Bull
I have two pit bulls, one is Maverick (female) and the other is Diezel (male). I have had Maverick since she was 5 weeks old. We visited her mother while she was pregnant and I noticed on our multipul visits, that her mother had this grunting sound that she made when scratched and excited. Well, long story short, Mavi does the same thing. She won't grunt just to grunt, but when you give her lovins and rub and scratch her chest and jowels. It's almost like her purr, she only makes this sounds when she's getting this type of love, not when she's getting her back/tummy rubbed. Is this normal? My boy, a pound rescue, doesn't do this.

Interesting question! I don't think anyone has ever asked me that before!

As long as she is bright and happy and eating well and not terribly itchy I wouldn't be worried about her making these grunting sounds.

It is possible that this is a genetic thing. It is likely a "mannerism". So, it is similar to how my daughter has hand gestures that are like mine. It doesn't sound like anything to worry about.

Renal failure. Care and diet for young dog in last stages of renal failure... My sister's dog,... (18406 views)

Is FHO a good idea? my 11 year old 35kg male dog suffers from severe hip displasia & pain relief... (13993 views)

Bleeding cat? my cat (female and she has has been neutered)appears to be dropping a red liquid in... (10778 views)

Cat peeing in house. Previously my cat would urinate or defecate on clothes/rugs if the letterbox was too... (7600 views)

Kidney problems in ferret. Hi there, I am the owner of a ferret male, 2.5 years old, who in the last week,... (12878 views)

Is kennel cough contagious to people? hi my 3 year old standard poodle went to the groomer on wed and today he was... (11501 views)

Liver disease in a cat. Ruby is 8 years old, and was diagnosed with liver disease last Thursday. I could... (15920 views)

Rimady and kidney disease. I took my dog to the vet because she yelped when I rubbed her belly above her... (8180 views)

dog with red eye Hello, I have a 2 year old male lab pit mix, fr a couple his left eye has been... (23553 views)

Arthritis medicine I have a 10 month old Pomeranian who appears to have hip problems. I am very low... (7926 views)