Tapeworm pictures in a dog.

Breed: american bulldog
I just discovered my dog has worms in her poop. She sleeps on our bed and where she lays there are little yellow hard things(they dont move) I am wondering if those are eggs and if thats dangerous? We first thought it was part of a bone or something but they definilty arent. They are the size of a magget but are yellowish and really hard like a bone

I'm wondering if what you are seeing are tapeworm segments. Tapeworm segments can look like a dried up piece of rice, or sunflower seeds. Or, if you catch them when they are fresh they can look bigger than either of those.

Here are some pictures of tapeworms:

tapeworm segment

tapeworm segments

tapeworm - full worm

If you live in the US, you can buy a Tapeworm Dewormer for Dogs without a prescription. But in some countries, like Canada you need to see your vet to get a dewormer that kills tapeworms.

It is a great idea to have your vet do some stool sample tests to make sure that there is not some other type of parasite present.

How to get guinea pig to gain weight. Hi! Remember me? Some days ago one of my friends gave me a guinea pig that she... (11902 views)

Hair loss and hyperthyroidism. Dear Dr. Marie, I have had my cat Cody for five years. He was a stray cat who was... (12342 views)

Incontinence she will be lying on the floor and she just pees and does not know or realize she... (7348 views)

Parvo and hookworms. Last Monday, I got this puppy, a miniature doxen. Well, the first few days he was a... (19586 views)

Liver shunt or exercise induced collapse? Hello Dr. Marie, I have a 2 year old female lab named Harper. Harper loves to play... (3955 views)

Black spots on belly and chest. Hello, About a month ago we noticed these black spots on Xander's belly. There were... (186703 views)

Heart murmur. In Emerg, as part of an exam in preparation for sedation, a level 2 heart murmur was... (13102 views)

Senior cat losing weight. Hello, My cat is 11 or 12 years old (he was a rescue kitty I inherited, so I'm... (4322 views)

Puppy with vomiting and diarrhea. i have a 1 month old puppy and she is vomiting, not eating,pooping brown water and... (17813 views)

Not sure if first shots done. I just bought a 7 week old pomeranian from a local family. They told me he has had... (29646 views)