Tapeworm pictures in a dog.

Breed: american bulldog
I just discovered my dog has worms in her poop. She sleeps on our bed and where she lays there are little yellow hard things(they dont move) I am wondering if those are eggs and if thats dangerous? We first thought it was part of a bone or something but they definilty arent. They are the size of a magget but are yellowish and really hard like a bone

I'm wondering if what you are seeing are tapeworm segments. Tapeworm segments can look like a dried up piece of rice, or sunflower seeds. Or, if you catch them when they are fresh they can look bigger than either of those.

Here are some pictures of tapeworms:

tapeworm segment

tapeworm segments

tapeworm - full worm

If you live in the US, you can buy a Tapeworm Dewormer for Dogs without a prescription. But in some countries, like Canada you need to see your vet to get a dewormer that kills tapeworms.

It is a great idea to have your vet do some stool sample tests to make sure that there is not some other type of parasite present.

Cat losing weight. My cat is only about 2 years, she is female. She recently got sick, she started off... (11003 views)

Coughing and not eating chihuahua My 3 year old chihuahua has been going downhill for about 2 weeks. Last week he... (8771 views)

Maggots in guinea pig cage. Dr. Marie, I found maggots in my guinea pig cage today. what should I do? They seem... (22545 views)

Dog has distemper. My dog is coughing ,vomiting whatever he eats but he has appetite took him to a vet.... (10300 views)

Older cat with diarrhea Gizzy has Diarrhea most all the time and it smells really bad She used to throw up... (11329 views)

Blood from bum. Her butt was bleeding bad (out of the hole), the blood was thick and bright red. I... (19548 views)

Swollen eye after removal. Hi My 16 month old male pug had his intact left globe removed 10 months ago after... (7203 views)

Kitten had eye removed. My cat went blind in her good eye following removal of a bad eye in which she was... (7569 views)

Unneutered dog bit child. Hello Dr. Marie, Our 9 year old Border Collie has no history of aggression or... (10550 views)

Hip dysplasia in pupp Hi I have a 13 month old German Shepherd male Havoc. He runs great. Jumps great and... (36073 views)