Tapeworm pictures in a dog.

Breed: american bulldog
I just discovered my dog has worms in her poop. She sleeps on our bed and where she lays there are little yellow hard things(they dont move) I am wondering if those are eggs and if thats dangerous? We first thought it was part of a bone or something but they definilty arent. They are the size of a magget but are yellowish and really hard like a bone

I'm wondering if what you are seeing are tapeworm segments. Tapeworm segments can look like a dried up piece of rice, or sunflower seeds. Or, if you catch them when they are fresh they can look bigger than either of those.

Here are some pictures of tapeworms:

tapeworm segment

tapeworm segments

tapeworm - full worm

If you live in the US, you can buy a Tapeworm Dewormer for Dogs without a prescription. But in some countries, like Canada you need to see your vet to get a dewormer that kills tapeworms.

It is a great idea to have your vet do some stool sample tests to make sure that there is not some other type of parasite present.

Dog has distemper. My dog is coughing ,vomiting whatever he eats but he has appetite took him to a vet.... (7247 views)

Alternative to Sentinel Molly has been on Sentinel forever....now it's been recalled...I have 2 months worth... (7934 views)

Sore anus after using chlorox wipe. I put a Clorox Disenfecting Wipes on my dog's anus. It's been a couple of days and... (10149 views)

Is this a chest tumor? Hello. My active, normal weight and wonderful female Siamese began coughing... (8181 views)

Coughing and liver problems. Hi there! We are hoping that you can lend us some advice with our baby. Our... (9453 views)

Thin older cat. Dr. Marie, My cat is very thin although he eats every 1/2 hour, he has also... (9115 views)

Seizures due to brain tumor? Hello I have a 9 year old standard poodle (neutured) that has had a seizure episode... (15305 views)

Strong urine odor. Over the past few months my dogs urine has started smelling really strongly, to the... (51548 views)

Throwing up and diarrhea. My dog has been throwing up and has had diarrhea for a couple of days. She is able... (26487 views)

Crying after using litter box. After my cat eats, drinks, gets up or uses the cat box she cries this very strange... (20009 views)