Peeing in house on lasix.

Breed: Pomerian
My dog has collapsed trachea and also an enlarged heart that was pressing on his trachea. Dog was given lasix and heart medicine. The problem is he is peeing all over my house and I am deciding whether or not to put him down to sleep. He is 13 and 1/3 years old.

What do you think would be the best thinkg for Spunky?

You may want to talk to your vet about reducing the dose of lasix. Many dogs can do well with a smaller dose and this would mean less peeing in the house.

There are also other diuretics that have fewer side effects than lasix.

I'd highly advise that you talk to your vet about a change in medications.

Clear discharge from eye. Hi there, My one year old cat has had a slight watery discharge from her left eye... (10463 views)

Swollen foot after wound. My dog Toby has what appears to be a cut in between his toes on one of his paws. He... (4562 views)

Tumor or cystitis? I have a 17-year-old male cat (British short hair). He is in good health, eats and... (11539 views)

Cats pooping on the carpet. I have 2 beautiful, loving cats (male/female) 6 years old. They are siblings from... (16542 views)

Anemic dog. Hi, I'm really worried about my dog Sammy. He was at the vet a couple of days ago... (9075 views)

Lump on kitten's chest. Hi I have a kitten and he has developped a very hard lump on his chest, its on... (22695 views)

Can dogs get chlamydia? I recently found out that i had Chlamydia, my dog hank has a bad habit of getting... (35374 views)

congested kitten Hi,i recently took in a stray kitten & a few days ago she started coughing on &... (10413 views)

Frontline and Revolution safe for pregnant dogs. Dr. Marie my poor yorkie is pregnet and she got flees from my sisters new dog what... (45678 views)

Mast cell tumors on penis. I have a healthy 11 yr old Chihuahua named Tyson who has mitotic cancer/mast cell... (14813 views)