Peeing in house on lasix.

Breed: Pomerian
My dog has collapsed trachea and also an enlarged heart that was pressing on his trachea. Dog was given lasix and heart medicine. The problem is he is peeing all over my house and I am deciding whether or not to put him down to sleep. He is 13 and 1/3 years old.

What do you think would be the best thinkg for Spunky?

You may want to talk to your vet about reducing the dose of lasix. Many dogs can do well with a smaller dose and this would mean less peeing in the house.

There are also other diuretics that have fewer side effects than lasix.

I'd highly advise that you talk to your vet about a change in medications.

Severe skin problems. My dog Leila started licking on 8/1/12. Her spots looked like hot spots on elbows... (8206 views)

Is celery safe for rabbits? is it okey to feed my rabbits celery? i did research on what veggies to feed my... (11271 views)

Coughing cat. My cat has had a horrible cough for two or three months and the vet doesn't know... (5954 views)

2 week old puppy won't nurse. 2 week puppy stopped eating from its mother. we are feeding him with a syringe with... (17556 views)

Swollen foot after wound. My dog Toby has what appears to be a cut in between his toes on one of his paws. He... (6143 views)

dog with strabismus Dr. , My Boxer Cooper has what I think is called strabismus or lazy eye. He has... (17187 views)

Introducing kittens. hi, i have a 5 month old kitten, and have introduced an 8 week old kitten to the... (9821 views)

Howling when trying to pee. We took Ferna to the vet a few months ago for vomiting and they prescribed hairball... (10615 views)

Coughing after spay. My cat was spayed 6 days ago. At first she was great.Incision looked great and still... (16251 views)

Achilles tendon problems in cat. Chloe recently started walking with her heel down to the ground on the right side(2... (12544 views)