Peeing in house on lasix.

Breed: Pomerian
My dog has collapsed trachea and also an enlarged heart that was pressing on his trachea. Dog was given lasix and heart medicine. The problem is he is peeing all over my house and I am deciding whether or not to put him down to sleep. He is 13 and 1/3 years old.

What do you think would be the best thinkg for Spunky?

You may want to talk to your vet about reducing the dose of lasix. Many dogs can do well with a smaller dose and this would mean less peeing in the house.

There are also other diuretics that have fewer side effects than lasix.

I'd highly advise that you talk to your vet about a change in medications.

Boxer fainted. My 1 1/2 year old boxer fainted or collapsed yesterday evening as he was walking to... (9408 views)

Dog cowers and pees. my dog seems afraid of me when i call her over she cowers and pees when she walks... (14184 views)

Soft yellow stools and weight loss Sorry that this is long, but I want to give ALL details in case it helps. I... (41968 views)

Cut my dog's nail too short. Last night, we trimmed one of our dog's nails a little too close to the quick and... (197453 views)

Red gums next to baby teeth. Hi Dr, This question concerns Max gums. Recall a month ago he had two occluded... (13431 views)

Trouble moving. Firts, I am owner of 3 dogs~ Last Saturday we found a small tick on buddy. He... (12550 views)

Dog bite wound. Hello, My dog got bit by a Pit bull on Saturday 9/1. I was not able to take him to... (13532 views)

Itchy cat. My cat is male, age 5 and generally very healthy. A while ago I noticed him biting... (8692 views)

Tapeworms in kittens. Hey there, I spoke with you a few days ago about my kittens that have worms. The... (13345 views)

Really bad skin issues. there is a PHOTO on the Pet-Forums-UK website, on the Dog Health sub-forum under Dog... (10668 views)