Peeing in house on lasix.

Breed: Pomerian
My dog has collapsed trachea and also an enlarged heart that was pressing on his trachea. Dog was given lasix and heart medicine. The problem is he is peeing all over my house and I am deciding whether or not to put him down to sleep. He is 13 and 1/3 years old.

What do you think would be the best thinkg for Spunky?

You may want to talk to your vet about reducing the dose of lasix. Many dogs can do well with a smaller dose and this would mean less peeing in the house.

There are also other diuretics that have fewer side effects than lasix.

I'd highly advise that you talk to your vet about a change in medications.

Sudden bulldog death. Hello Dr. Marie, I own a boarding kennel and have for fifteen years. We pride... (25479 views)

Dog eating dirt. My dog consumes grass and now wants to eat dirt when outside exercising despite a... (16173 views)

Swollen eye and vomiting. Hi Dr. Marie. Our dog's eye swelled up the other night withing an hour.....it went... (46934 views)

Cancer or pyometra? My lab who was quite healthy up and until August started to show a dulling coat and... (11079 views)

Bumps on schnauzer. Hi Dr. Marie, Firstly, I'd like to thank you for this very valuable, yet... (23478 views)

Guinea Pig heat cycle. my female guinea pig has a swollen vulva which is very red. this happens once every... (30472 views)

Dog attacked by javelina. My dog got attacked by a javelina.. shes bleeding from her nose and mouth, what... (8015 views)

Itchy dog. My question is long because I have to give all the background data. On May 10, 2011... (19739 views)

Dog limping. My dog just started having pain today. We took him on a particularly long walk... (9596 views)

Foot problem and congestion. My 10 year old dog max just finished taking cephalexin for a foot infection and has... (7175 views)