Peeing in house on lasix.

Breed: Pomerian
My dog has collapsed trachea and also an enlarged heart that was pressing on his trachea. Dog was given lasix and heart medicine. The problem is he is peeing all over my house and I am deciding whether or not to put him down to sleep. He is 13 and 1/3 years old.

What do you think would be the best thinkg for Spunky?

You may want to talk to your vet about reducing the dose of lasix. Many dogs can do well with a smaller dose and this would mean less peeing in the house.

There are also other diuretics that have fewer side effects than lasix.

I'd highly advise that you talk to your vet about a change in medications.

Does my cat have cancer? Dear Dr. Marie, Greetings from Singapore! This is my 3rd time writing to... (19238 views)

Safe fruits and vegetables for dogs. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a young cat who likes to eat certain fruit and vegetables,... (26674 views)

Dog won't pee in the yard. Our shiba Jesse has always peed and pooped in our fenced in backyard. We recently... (40967 views)

Dog walking sideways. Hello Dr. Here is my question, So my little shitzu is about 2 1/2 yrs old and... (49684 views)

Brown near cat's vagina. Talia has brown in her fur around her vagina and I wiped it with a baby wipe and it... (27397 views)

Frontline and Revolution safe for pregnant dogs. Dr. Marie my poor yorkie is pregnet and she got flees from my sisters new dog what... (50626 views)

Lepto from mice? I live in New York City, in an apartment. Two days ago, I left Honey's food out on... (17637 views)

Possible stroke? Hi, Back at the end of June my dog was hit by a truck, his brakes locked, and... (12389 views)

Dog is losing weight. I have a 7yr old larger sized min pin. Had her fixed at 1yrs old and she has always... (13070 views)

Peeing on walls. Okay,I have a female spayed 2 year old cat and never sprayed walls and peed walls.... (17284 views)