Peeing in house on lasix.

Breed: Pomerian
My dog has collapsed trachea and also an enlarged heart that was pressing on his trachea. Dog was given lasix and heart medicine. The problem is he is peeing all over my house and I am deciding whether or not to put him down to sleep. He is 13 and 1/3 years old.

What do you think would be the best thinkg for Spunky?

You may want to talk to your vet about reducing the dose of lasix. Many dogs can do well with a smaller dose and this would mean less peeing in the house.

There are also other diuretics that have fewer side effects than lasix.

I'd highly advise that you talk to your vet about a change in medications.

Dog has wound under arm. I was wondering how I would go about dressing an area on my dog under her arm? It... (10394 views)

Old deaf dog. my dog is 16 yrs old and since he's gone deaf he gets very agitated when left,... (9068 views)

Interview tips for veterinary technicians. I actually had a question not related to a pet, if that is okay. What advice would... (6907 views)

Dog spay incision lump. My dog has a lump under her spay incision. I adopted Tiaa from a rescue group a... (111165 views)

Beagle has lots of problems. I found my Beagle Lucky as a stray almost a year ago, he is around 4 years old. I... (7461 views)

Can't bear weight. This isn't my pet, it is my sister in law's pet. Over the past few months, the dog... (8131 views)

Can't move back legs. Cat is not able to move back legs and yowling. Maybe paralyzed? No accidents. Need... (16654 views)

Golden Retriever Smell Hello. I have two golden retrievers and the youngest is 11 months old. She has a... (45141 views)

Back spasms 2 years ago, I took Rusty to an emergeny vet one evening because he seemed warm and... (19194 views)

Only one bowel movement. My 2 month old shih tzu only poops in the morning. He eats dog food soaked in water... (10901 views)