Peeing in house on lasix.

Breed: Pomerian
My dog has collapsed trachea and also an enlarged heart that was pressing on his trachea. Dog was given lasix and heart medicine. The problem is he is peeing all over my house and I am deciding whether or not to put him down to sleep. He is 13 and 1/3 years old.

What do you think would be the best thinkg for Spunky?

You may want to talk to your vet about reducing the dose of lasix. Many dogs can do well with a smaller dose and this would mean less peeing in the house.

There are also other diuretics that have fewer side effects than lasix.

I'd highly advise that you talk to your vet about a change in medications.

Dog died after surgery. On Saturday evening my daughters 6 month old dog swallowed a needle which got her... (13503 views)

Shaking cat. My cat, Misty will be 14 in Aug. The only problems she’s had until recently have... (10836 views)

Seizures due to brain tumor? Hello I have a 9 year old standard poodle (neutured) that has had a seizure episode... (18570 views)

Trouble urinating. For about a week I have noticed my aging male neutered dog having a hard time... (47191 views)

Older cat missing litter box. My 18 year old male cat is getting into the liter box and urinating on the floor... (15954 views)

Chin acne. Hi there, My cat came down with a case of feline acne, probably caused by stress,... (10224 views)

Ferret with hair loss and wobbliness. My ferett has lost all hair on back and i came home today and he is extremly wobbly... (19525 views)

Vomiting Dog. I contacted you about Little White Dog on April 24. She had had an exploratory to... (19598 views)

Should cat have her teeth cleaned? My 13 year old cat recently went for a wellness vet visit at a new vet. The vet... (12011 views)

Puppy has runny nose. Heavy clear drool vomited once this morning Oct 29th 2010 7am. Very wet nose no loss... (11503 views)