Peeing in house on lasix.

Breed: Pomerian
My dog has collapsed trachea and also an enlarged heart that was pressing on his trachea. Dog was given lasix and heart medicine. The problem is he is peeing all over my house and I am deciding whether or not to put him down to sleep. He is 13 and 1/3 years old.

What do you think would be the best thinkg for Spunky?

You may want to talk to your vet about reducing the dose of lasix. Many dogs can do well with a smaller dose and this would mean less peeing in the house.

There are also other diuretics that have fewer side effects than lasix.

I'd highly advise that you talk to your vet about a change in medications.

Lumps on dog's neck. My dog keeps getting small red lumps on his body especially over the back of his... (11411 views)

Feline acne? Dr. Marie, About a week ago I noticed a small grayish black nodule on my cat's... (26803 views)

Cat eating less than normal. My cat Noir hasn't been feeling well for about 5 days now. He is a 3 year old,... (75441 views)

Vomiting foam and not eating. Hi, Pumpkin is an eleven year old male cat. He is usually a very good eater. For the... (48448 views)

Did Frontline Fail? I found a flea (or what I thought it was a flea about 2 months ago. I remembered I... (5343 views)

Guinea pig scabs around mouth. My guinea pig is getting brown/orange scabs around its mouth and nose?! I have took... (9214 views)

Vomiting 3 times per day. My dog is vomiting about 3x per day. She seems to be happy and wants to eat a... (19999 views)

Pancreatitis My dog had an exploratory Lap. done 3 days ago to rule out a foreign body. She had... (15075 views)

Contagious diarrhea? please bare with me as this is gonna be kind of long... about 2 weeks ago i had... (7372 views)

Possible degnerative myelopathy. My 12 year old Chesapeake Bay Retreiver has been diagnosed with degenerative disc... (7775 views)