Scabs on cat's ear and neck.

Breed: Domestic short hair
Hi. I adopted a cat and she was doing fine. I noticed that she was loosing hair in the tip of the tail and scratching her ears.
I took her to the vet and she had ear mites, ear infection and a fungus. She got an antibiotic shot and i did an antibiotic drops and something else for the ear mites twice a day for 7 days. She also got HexaChlor wipes and Conzol 1% for the fungus in the tip of her tail twice a day for 7 days as well.
Her ears are doing well (ear mites) and the hair in her tail is growing back. I still clean and apply the lotion on her tail once a day as precaution (total of almost 4 weeks.)
Yesterday i noticed some red skin in the outside back of her ears. It appears to be itchy. Even though she is an indoor cat i checked for fleas but cannot see any.
I put a spray of hydrocortisone but not sure if that will help.
Should i use the conzol on this new rash or what should i do? Please help....

Thanks for sending these photos of Foxy. Photos always help me to give a better answer:

sores on a cat's ear

scabs on a cat's neck

These areas look really sore. There are several things that they could be. I am wondering if they could be something called eosinophilic ulcers. We don't know why cats get these. They can be caused by allergies but often the cause is not known. This condition is usually treated by a steroid injection given by the vet.

It is possible that this is something else such as ringworm which is a fungus. This may be what she was being treated for before. Often, cats with ringworm will need oral antifungal medications.

It's also possible that she had some wounds from scratching herself and now they are infected and she may need antibiotics.

The steroid spray may give some temporary relief but unfortunately it does sound like Foxy needs to go back to see the vet again.

A closer exam should give the vet an idea as to what is going on but they may need to do some tests on the area to find out for sure.

I hope she feels better soon!

Thanks for your response.
I forgot to mention that our house is under remodelation.
So not sure if this might an allergy to dust or construction materials.
It seems better today but still i want to make sure it gets cured.
She is not scratching as much today.
Maybe a Neosporin ointment will help?
Thanks again!

Neosporin doesn't really do a whole lot. Plus, it can be a little irritating to the belly if a cat ingests it. If it seems to be getting better then just letting it heal on its own is probably the best thing to do. And if it's not improving then you can have her see the vet again.

Older cat with vomiting and white nose. My cat is a 13y.o., outdoor (day) / indoor (night), mouser/birder, and has been a... (20323 views)

Dog unable to move. d help. My dog won't move at all. We got home around 435 this afternoon and she ate... (70486 views)

Kitten has bad breath. I am having serious problems because my cat is having very smelly and bad breath... (36335 views)

Dog hurt her leg. hi my dog trixey is nearly 15.i think she may have hurt her leg because she can't... (8878 views)

Grade 4 heart murmur. I brought my cat to the vet because his ear was bothering him the other day. Now it... (20905 views)

Swollen hip in Golden. We inherited him from my father-in-law 2 years ago, he was very much over weight so... (6841 views)

Panting and shaking cat. Hi, My female cat is just over 15 years old. This morning she woke up... (19272 views)

Run over by car. we have a small part pomeranian dog, she old, but not sure how old. she was... (13613 views)

Peeing in the house. We have a problem with Storm (a male cat) weeing every where in the house we do have... (9992 views)

Dog bleeding from nose and died. This might seem unnecessary and irrelevant now, but maybe even shedding a little... (79899 views)