Can my cat live with pocket pets?

Breed: rat
Hi I have a pet rat, a guinea pig, a hamster and a cat! The cat is 19 years old, and he doesn't mind having rats, hamsters and guinea pig at home. They live OK all together.I have no company for the rat or the guinea pig. Can I put them together? They look pretty interested on each other. The guinea pig is 9 months old and the rat is 2 months. Can I? RAT: female
Guinea pig: male

Thanks for your question.

While I have seen cats that have lived peacefully with pocket pets, I would never recommend letting them spend time together unsupervised. A cat's natural instinct is to hunt and I don't think it would be safe to put a cat with a rat, hamster or guinea pig.

Dog ate sanitary pad About a month ago my dog got into the trash and chewed up some sanitary napkins. He ... (6010 views)

How to keep dogs from breeding. Hi there, I have a one year old female Beagle/Boxer mix and a Lab/pitt mix... (5957 views)

Raw skin on nose. My dog has a dry and flaky nose. It is constantly running (clear liquid but from him... (5402 views)

Vomiting, diarrhea and red eyes. Hi Dr. Marie, My cat Mercy is 6 years old and is an indoor cat (she is deaf). ... (12982 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea in puppy. Lady is almost 5 months now, she's a typical Aussie puppy. She lives with me, my... (7315 views)

67 days pregnant. Dog is 67 days pregnant no sign of labor how much longer should i wait before taking... (11045 views)

Interstitial cystitis. My cat has had reoccurring Cystitis. She strains when going to the toilet,... (5527 views)

Vomiting and congested. Got a new kitten Older cat now is throwing up saliva in its mouth and has now... (20051 views)

Problems after spay. Camie was fixed last Monday morning. We haven't been very irresponsible with... (10697 views)

Hypothermic dog. Two days ago my black lab pup fell threw some ice, he was in the water for about 5... (9651 views)