Paralyzed chihuahua

Breed: Chihuahua
My Dog Was Lost For 2 days and i found him 12-11-10 at 4pm curled up in a ball paralyzed he wont move he has his head tilted to the left i have tried feeding him and giving him oral solution baby juice thru a sarynge what can i do??

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that Boy is so unwell. From what you have described he really should see a vet right away.

If it was really cold when he was outside he may have severe hypothermia. This could have done some damage to his organs and even some neurological damage.

It's also possible that he has suffered an injury to his back or neck or head.

An inner ear infection could be the cause of the head tilt as well, but shouldn't cause paralysis.

If he was an older dog I would say he may have something called Geriatric Vestibular Syndrome but really he is too young for this.

Hopefully he can see his vet right away!

Very sick dog. My dog can't poop and won't eat. He also has puss-like infection coming from his... (9399 views)

Swelling by anus. King is a healthy, non-nutered male dog. He eats well and most people are shocked... (18834 views)

Profender and pregnant women. Hi there Dr. Marie This isn't a direct question about an animal but I'm wondering... (7861 views)

Frontline and Revolution safe for pregnant dogs. Dr. Marie my poor yorkie is pregnet and she got flees from my sisters new dog what... (45853 views)

Rectovaginal fistula. We have a litter of 4 wk old Doberman puppies being bottle raised because mom was... (10086 views)

Ringworm treatment in cat. First, thank you for your previous help with my questions. I have 2 issues with... (16821 views)

Quiet after dentistry. Good morning...this may be lengthy...sorry. Despite my cats advanced age of 17,... (5102 views)

Black spot on side of hamster. My hamster is about 2 years old and has always had a black spot on the right side of... (36385 views)

Dog has sore muscles. About 3 months ago, Ruby stopped jumping and running, she seems to be in pain when... (10151 views)

Cancer in ear. Cat died. I recently put our beloved cat Benny to sleep after a tragic event that I am... (10539 views)