Paralyzed chihuahua

Breed: Chihuahua
My Dog Was Lost For 2 days and i found him 12-11-10 at 4pm curled up in a ball paralyzed he wont move he has his head tilted to the left i have tried feeding him and giving him oral solution baby juice thru a sarynge what can i do??

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that Boy is so unwell. From what you have described he really should see a vet right away.

If it was really cold when he was outside he may have severe hypothermia. This could have done some damage to his organs and even some neurological damage.

It's also possible that he has suffered an injury to his back or neck or head.

An inner ear infection could be the cause of the head tilt as well, but shouldn't cause paralysis.

If he was an older dog I would say he may have something called Geriatric Vestibular Syndrome but really he is too young for this.

Hopefully he can see his vet right away!

Not chewing his food. I noticed he isn't chewing his dog food lately. He has always chewed before. I think... (7843 views)

Heterochromia in a cat. I recently got a cat as a rescue. She is white, with light grey and yellow... (14570 views)

dog with bumps on head My dog has 2-3 little lumps on her head, She is smooothe coated, You can feel them... (30091 views)

Cushings and cataracts. Our Little Jack Russell is 15 years old. He is blind from cataracts. And now the vet... (16762 views)

Myasthenia gravis I am grieving the loss of my beloved companion who was euthanized on May 18, 2011.... (24407 views)

Vaccinate for parvo before 6 weeks? We have a litter of labrador puppies. They are 5 and 1/2 weeks old. Can we... (12100 views)

Sudden bulldog death. Hello Dr. Marie, I own a boarding kennel and have for fifteen years. We pride... (34732 views)

Hip dysplasia and arthritis. Hello, My dog Jasmine is about 13 & 1/2 years old. We live in New York City. I... (16067 views)

Dog pees when someone pets him. Cooper is 5 months old and neutered. He pees when anyone pets him, talks to him or... (7238 views)

medicine for collapsing trachea We are leaving for a car trip with Skiggy. She has a collapsable larynx and gets... (12444 views)