Paralyzed chihuahua

Breed: Chihuahua
My Dog Was Lost For 2 days and i found him 12-11-10 at 4pm curled up in a ball paralyzed he wont move he has his head tilted to the left i have tried feeding him and giving him oral solution baby juice thru a sarynge what can i do??

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that Boy is so unwell. From what you have described he really should see a vet right away.

If it was really cold when he was outside he may have severe hypothermia. This could have done some damage to his organs and even some neurological damage.

It's also possible that he has suffered an injury to his back or neck or head.

An inner ear infection could be the cause of the head tilt as well, but shouldn't cause paralysis.

If he was an older dog I would say he may have something called Geriatric Vestibular Syndrome but really he is too young for this.

Hopefully he can see his vet right away!

Different pupil sizes in older cat. I recently noticed that my cat's irises don't match... one is opened wide, the other... (29551 views)

Does Vick's Vapo rub help cat's breathing? My vet says my cat has a sinus tumor and a Iwas wondering if vicks would help him to... (42332 views)

Why did my dog die? I had a 6 yr old lab mix. November 2010 he started becoming lethargic, limping... (9132 views)

Dental problems and weight loss. i think she has a bad tooth,lost of weight,not eating her regular food,gave her rice... (18558 views)

Need exam with steroid shot? Is it by the state of law that your cat needs to be examined when you know the cat... (6698 views)

No bowel movement after dentistry. Dear Dr Marie, Thank you for creating this website. I have a 12 year old male... (13162 views)

Shedding calicivirus. Hi can I breed from a cat shedding FCV? She has no symptoms but doen't seem to be... (9018 views)

Cavalier screaming in pain. Hi there, since last Thursday my puppy having very strange moment and I went to my... (37607 views)

Allergic reaction. Harley is having the following symptoms. Shaking head regularly licking... (6222 views)

Steroid shot and NSAID? Hi Dr. Marie, Bare with me in my lengthy explanation :) I recently found out... (11345 views)