Will neutering stop a dog peeing on things?

Breed: english cocker
hi i my dog pisses on everything well getting him fixes stop that thanks erik

Hi Erik! While there is no guarantee, in almost all cases dogs will stop peeing on things after they have been neutered.

Dogs come through a castration surgery very easily. It is also a good idea to neuter him so that he doesn't get prostate disease or testicular cancer later on in life.

It will take a few weeks for the testosterone to get out of his system so be patient. Most likely the bad behavior will stop. If it doesn't you will want to have your vet check a urine sample to be sure there is not a medical problem.

As much as possible, clean the areas where he has urinated as well. If it is an area that you can bleach this will help. Otherwise I would recommend a product such as Urine-Erase to thoroughly clean the areas.

I hope this helps!

Contagious seizures. Blake is a 2yr old German shepherd that started having epileptic fits in june 2010.... (10819 views)

Older cat with diarrhea Gizzy has Diarrhea most all the time and it smells really bad She used to throw up... (9091 views)

What caused my cat to die? Hello Dr. Marie - I found my cat dead yesterday morning under my neighbors van,... (34746 views)

Vomiting lethargic puppy. my dog is not wanting to eat at all and is just laying around she has vomited a few... (41604 views)

Dog not well after fighting. My dog was in a fight with the neighbors dog last night. When I there Captain was... (4587 views)

Ate tag from pillow case. My dog ate a tag like the one on a pillow what should i... (7857 views)

Bruising on neck. My mini dachshund went in for a dental cleaning, which the vet said went as normal.... (9104 views)

Supraglan for Cushing's? My dog was recently diagnosed with Cushing's disease. He has been drinking a lot of... (15048 views)

Male cat nipple problem. My male desexed cat has always had a enlarged nipple. It seems to be getting larger... (16990 views)

Not nursing, diarrhea. We have two mom cats with seven kittens each, one litter a week and a half older... (4245 views)