Will neutering stop a dog peeing on things?

Breed: english cocker
hi i my dog pisses on everything well getting him fixes stop that thanks erik

Hi Erik! While there is no guarantee, in almost all cases dogs will stop peeing on things after they have been neutered.

Dogs come through a castration surgery very easily. It is also a good idea to neuter him so that he doesn't get prostate disease or testicular cancer later on in life.

It will take a few weeks for the testosterone to get out of his system so be patient. Most likely the bad behavior will stop. If it doesn't you will want to have your vet check a urine sample to be sure there is not a medical problem.

As much as possible, clean the areas where he has urinated as well. If it is an area that you can bleach this will help. Otherwise I would recommend a product such as Urine-Erase to thoroughly clean the areas.

I hope this helps!

Golden retriever with lymphoma died. My golden retriever was 125 pounds (all muscle) and enjoyed perfect health for all... (28534 views)

Reduced appetite in kitten. Hello Dr. Marie, My 6 month old kitten has suddenly started eating less. She... (14464 views)

Aggressive cat. I have had 2 cats same amount of time. Julia has started hissing, growling, and... (7381 views)

Dog gagging and coughing. My dog is gagging and coughing like there is something stuck in his throat. Does... (230752 views)

Diabetic cat diet. Hi, I am the owner of two siamese cats (female) from same litter - 11.5 years old.... (9452 views)

Dog on You Don't Mess with the Zohan. ok im very stressed what type of dog is on the movie You Don't Mess With The Zohan?... (11310 views)

Seizures...brain tumor? Hello Dr. Marie, I have an interesting scenario for you. Our Aussie is 13 and as... (4588 views)

Dog won't walk. my dog has almost stoped walkin and jus crawls around,unless it like to get food of... (12011 views)

Milk coming out nose. Hi my dog has just had pups 5 weeks ago an since day one, one of the puppies has... (20489 views)

Vomiting after allergy injection My sister took my dog to the vet yesterday where she recieved a shot to stop itching... (12952 views)