Will neutering stop a dog peeing on things?

Breed: english cocker
hi i my dog pisses on everything well getting him fixes stop that thanks erik

Hi Erik! While there is no guarantee, in almost all cases dogs will stop peeing on things after they have been neutered.

Dogs come through a castration surgery very easily. It is also a good idea to neuter him so that he doesn't get prostate disease or testicular cancer later on in life.

It will take a few weeks for the testosterone to get out of his system so be patient. Most likely the bad behavior will stop. If it doesn't you will want to have your vet check a urine sample to be sure there is not a medical problem.

As much as possible, clean the areas where he has urinated as well. If it is an area that you can bleach this will help. Otherwise I would recommend a product such as Urine-Erase to thoroughly clean the areas.

I hope this helps!

Will I be forced to euthanize? Hello, i have a 14 year old pit bull/bull mastiff mix (50-60 lb and on the smaller... (10593 views)

Unneutered dog bit child. Hello Dr. Marie, Our 9 year old Border Collie has no history of aggression or... (10604 views)

Wheezing, sneezing kitten. my kitten is 3 and a half months old recently she has been sleeping a whole lot and... (13965 views)

Where can I buy Tramadol? Steve has a degenerative disease.He is doing well.I give him steroids almost every... (55630 views)

Dog with wound. My pup is 7 months old and two days ago she dug out of her kennel and I didn't see... (20427 views)

High liver enzymes. After vomiting, we took him to the vet, thinking it was a sinus or allergy... (13175 views)

Why can't I get rid of fleas? How do I permanently get rid of fleas? I have tried flea shampoos, and De Flea... (11324 views)

Rabies from a feral kitten? Dear Dr. Marie, Greetings and I hope this e-mail reaches you in good health. I... (21018 views)

Elderly cat not eating. my cat is elderly, arthritic and diabetic - but very lovely :) she was diagnosed... (6694 views)

Dog or cat pooping in house. Everyday – twice a day – morning and when I get home from work –... (21504 views)