Will neutering stop a dog peeing on things?

Breed: english cocker
hi i my dog pisses on everything well getting him fixes stop that thanks erik

Hi Erik! While there is no guarantee, in almost all cases dogs will stop peeing on things after they have been neutered.

Dogs come through a castration surgery very easily. It is also a good idea to neuter him so that he doesn't get prostate disease or testicular cancer later on in life.

It will take a few weeks for the testosterone to get out of his system so be patient. Most likely the bad behavior will stop. If it doesn't you will want to have your vet check a urine sample to be sure there is not a medical problem.

As much as possible, clean the areas where he has urinated as well. If it is an area that you can bleach this will help. Otherwise I would recommend a product such as Urine-Erase to thoroughly clean the areas.

I hope this helps!

Bloated abdomen in hamster. Hi....our pet hamster buddy is extremely bloated. We have had him for a year and a... (83401 views)

Can dogs eat carrots? hi i have a rabbit and a dog. the dog is a shoodle cross between shitzu and a... (14331 views)

Trembling head - distemper? Hi there This is the issue with my little puppy. I picked him up alone from... (7467 views)

Fecal incontinence. My 11-year-old Pug was diagnosed with a luxating patella at 8 years of age. He was... (9082 views)

Human mouthwash for dog? Can I give my dog diluted mouthwash (regular people mouthwash) I want to mix a... (21544 views)

How to stop dog from scratching. I bought a cone for my dog because he has a sore on his eye that he keeps scratching... (18670 views)

Severe skin problems. My dog Leila started licking on 8/1/12. Her spots looked like hot spots on elbows... (7623 views)

Dog weak slow and shaking. My dog has become not interest in anything and has become very weak and has very... (14698 views)

Cat with asthma. My cat sam is 9 yrs old. he weighs about 16 pounds. He has coughing spells about 3... (8591 views)

Cat licks obsessively. My 4 year old cat has been doing a strange behavior for the last 1.5 years. He... (8515 views)