Will neutering stop a dog peeing on things?

Breed: english cocker
hi i my dog pisses on everything well getting him fixes stop that thanks erik

Hi Erik! While there is no guarantee, in almost all cases dogs will stop peeing on things after they have been neutered.

Dogs come through a castration surgery very easily. It is also a good idea to neuter him so that he doesn't get prostate disease or testicular cancer later on in life.

It will take a few weeks for the testosterone to get out of his system so be patient. Most likely the bad behavior will stop. If it doesn't you will want to have your vet check a urine sample to be sure there is not a medical problem.

As much as possible, clean the areas where he has urinated as well. If it is an area that you can bleach this will help. Otherwise I would recommend a product such as Urine-Erase to thoroughly clean the areas.

I hope this helps!

Ringworm treatment in cat. First, thank you for your previous help with my questions. I have 2 issues with... (17900 views)

Cat with a cold. My cat has a cold, and i was wondering if there is anything i can do at home for her... (18024 views)

cat with bald belly Dr Marie, My cat has recently started loosing the hair on her belly her tummy is... (10239 views)

Sentry Pro Flea and Tick Shampoo Hi Dr. Marie, Last night around 8 pm I gave my dog a bath with Sentry Pro flea... (25067 views)

Lack of bladder control. I HAVE A FEMALE COCKER SPANIEL WHO IS THE OFF SPRING OF MY OWN MALE AND FEMALE WHO... (15618 views)

Senior food for 7 year old dog? I have 2 black pugs. One (Mr. P) is 11 years old, and the other (Samson) is 7 years... (5107 views)

Reduced appetite in kitten. Hello Dr. Marie, My 6 month old kitten has suddenly started eating less. She... (16862 views)

Will kitten be ok when I go away? My kitten will be just over 15 weeks old when we go away for 1 week. I was going to... (12215 views)

Child and dog have a virus. My puppy that is 9 weeks old has had all shot. Today he has terrible diarrhea and... (7173 views)

Bloated stomach in Papillion. my dog had a bloated stomach and had trouble going to the bathroom and the next day... (25063 views)