How often for heat?

Breed: Australian Cattle Do
I'm wanting to breed my female Blue Heeler. She was last in heat at the beginning of Jan. When will she come in heat again? Is there anything I can do to help her cycle again? What tests can my vet give her to test for her being in heat?

Most dogs will go into heat every 6 months but it can vary.

Once you see some bleeding your vet can do a vaginal cytology to determine which days are the most fertile for her. Or they can also do progesterone testing which will help you to know which days are best for breeding.

Bloated stomach in Papillion. my dog had a bloated stomach and had trouble going to the bathroom and the next day... (25190 views)

Itchy behind neck and ears. My cat, fuzzy, is starting to itch behind her neck, her ear area, base of her tail,... (9890 views)

Are brewers grains safe for dogs? Are brewers grains safe for dogs? My husband wants to buy some dog treats that are... (9648 views)

Coughing dog. Hi, We have talked before. Trixie is 13 years old and has had kidney issues. I... (17097 views)

Worms in vomit. My dog threw up a yellow substance and it had worm like creatures I it what should I... (10364 views)

Vita Calm in dogs? i was wondering if i could safly use vitacalm for hosres on my dog for his... (8879 views)

Diarrhea and pale gums in a kitten. My cat has dirra for about two week i have notice his gum is pale pink what should... (10493 views)

Vomiting undigested food. My cat primarily eats dry food. She frequently vomits undigested food.What can I do... (12900 views)

One small testicle. I have a 25 week old male pup who had 2 normal testicles at 8 weeks old. At about 10... (22420 views)

Constantly meowing for food. Two years ago, we adopted a stray cat that was living in the bushes outside our... (6421 views)