How often for heat?

Breed: Australian Cattle Do
I'm wanting to breed my female Blue Heeler. She was last in heat at the beginning of Jan. When will she come in heat again? Is there anything I can do to help her cycle again? What tests can my vet give her to test for her being in heat?

Most dogs will go into heat every 6 months but it can vary.

Once you see some bleeding your vet can do a vaginal cytology to determine which days are the most fertile for her. Or they can also do progesterone testing which will help you to know which days are best for breeding.

Dog leaps to her feet. Why does my 12 year old lame Siberian Husky suddenly leap to her feet and walk off.... (8136 views)

Cat howling at night. Our 25 yo orange tiger stripe male developed kidney failure and we had to make the... (8997 views)

Excessive drooling. My Puggle started drooling a few days ago and I assumed she had gotten a red ant or... (22821 views)

Prognosis if dog has pulmonary edema. Hello Dr. Marie, I´m from Brazil, so, first of all I´m sorry about my poor... (12490 views)

Can't get rid of fleas. Lately my dog has been non stop scratching and biting his skin. His skin becomes... (8328 views)

Dog dying of parvo. sage is well......dying of parvo and i want to know ways to make a dog really happy... (17067 views)

Black bumps in cat's ear. My friend has 3 cats (all unrelated) out of her 6 cats, that all have melanoma's in... (63676 views)

Sore neck after blood draw. This afternoon, I took my dog for routine labwork and the tech took it from his... (15386 views)

Can we give benadryl for allergic reaction? My 9 month old boxer puppy has been stung by a bee or bees, we think in his mouth. ... (10569 views)

Biopsy? Dr, As you know Max has been having issues with vomiting and soft stools. 9... (8680 views)