How often for heat?

Breed: Australian Cattle Do
I'm wanting to breed my female Blue Heeler. She was last in heat at the beginning of Jan. When will she come in heat again? Is there anything I can do to help her cycle again? What tests can my vet give her to test for her being in heat?

Most dogs will go into heat every 6 months but it can vary.

Once you see some bleeding your vet can do a vaginal cytology to determine which days are the most fertile for her. Or they can also do progesterone testing which will help you to know which days are best for breeding.

Tapazole not working. Miss Kitty who is spayed and about 13 yrs old (we rescued her) was recently... (9181 views)

Cat has fleas. My poor cat has fleas, he is losing hair and is just miserable. I am looking for a... (5856 views)

21 year old cat is dying. THIS IS URGENt, BUT I DON'T HAVE 15.00 RIGHT NOW!! i THINK MY 21 YEAR OLD CAT IS... (12719 views)

Recovery from FCE. Our dog was diagnosed with FCE about two months ago, I have been noticing some... (10474 views)

Does Vick's Vapo rub help cat's breathing? My vet says my cat has a sinus tumor and a Iwas wondering if vicks would help him to... (39996 views)

Do sheep die on their backs? Hi, there. We have been having a debate about a sheep we saw in the field behind... (72449 views)

Sneezing guinea pig. My guinea pig is sneezing and wiping her nose more frequntly than she did... (21228 views)

Diarrhea and pale gums in a kitten. My cat has dirra for about two week i have notice his gum is pale pink what should... (10741 views)

Doesn't like s/d. My dog has bladder stones(a lot) and was put on Hills Prescription diet s/d Canine... (10812 views)

Yellow liquid at tip of penis. Every once in a while (maybe twice a week) he will have a yellowish white dot of... (20288 views)