How often for heat?

Breed: Australian Cattle Do
I'm wanting to breed my female Blue Heeler. She was last in heat at the beginning of Jan. When will she come in heat again? Is there anything I can do to help her cycle again? What tests can my vet give her to test for her being in heat?

Most dogs will go into heat every 6 months but it can vary.

Once you see some bleeding your vet can do a vaginal cytology to determine which days are the most fertile for her. Or they can also do progesterone testing which will help you to know which days are best for breeding.

Older dog acting strange. I have had Dakota since he was 3 months old and he will be 12 in January. The... (10571 views)

Cooked garlic safety? I have 2 dogs. An 8 pound shipoo and a 20 pound mini shnauzer. The shipoo has... (6217 views)

Watery diarrhea. My cat has had consistent diarrhea and vomiting for some time. Her vet began... (4698 views)

Dog urinating in the house. I really need help, i have a dog that is now one and a half years old, hes a cross... (8821 views)

Diaphragmatic hernia. Our 8-year-old neutered male cat has a history of various health issues:... (6190 views)

Black lumps in a cat's ear. I recently noticed two black spots in one of my cat's ears. They haven't always been... (17820 views)

Parvo recovery. I'M LOOKING AT A PUP THAT IS RECOVERING FROM PARVO. WHAT IS THE RECOVERY TIME AND... (22670 views)

Is my cat in heat? i have a female cat who is 1 1/2 years old she isn't spayed and has gone in heat... (9132 views)

Senior cat losing weight. Hello, My cat is 11 or 12 years old (he was a rescue kitty I inherited, so I'm... (4966 views)

Shaking cat. My cat, Misty will be 14 in Aug. The only problems she’s had until recently have... (9519 views)