How often for heat?

Breed: Australian Cattle Do
I'm wanting to breed my female Blue Heeler. She was last in heat at the beginning of Jan. When will she come in heat again? Is there anything I can do to help her cycle again? What tests can my vet give her to test for her being in heat?

Most dogs will go into heat every 6 months but it can vary.

Once you see some bleeding your vet can do a vaginal cytology to determine which days are the most fertile for her. Or they can also do progesterone testing which will help you to know which days are best for breeding.

Red eye in kitten. my kitten all of a sudden got a red around his left eye. He keeps pawing at it when... (8404 views)

Weakness in back legs and twitching eye. Sophie had had problems with her balance since sunday. Her back legs are weak and... (9720 views)

Why is hamster quiet? what's wrong with my hamster... had her out for half an hour and she just lay on my... (17976 views)

Blood in stool. hi lucky just went poop outside and he did liquidy bright red blood iam not sure... (45305 views)

Hair loss on a boxer. I've had Kizzie for two years. She's a vibrant and playful dog. Recently, I've... (12802 views)

Lump on German Shepherd. This morning while brushing Sako, a 9-year-old GSD, I noted an area where hair is... (15139 views)

Jack Russel skin problems. My Jack Russel has bad skin. Every now and again she gets really itchy and has bald... (16099 views)

Dog cowers and pees. my dog seems afraid of me when i call her over she cowers and pees when she walks... (12844 views)

Trouble breathing My 12 year old golden retriever was diagnosed with an enlarged heart and a "5"... (11466 views)

Dog urinates while walking Recently, I have noticed that my dog will walk along urinating. It seems to me that... (32912 views)