How often for heat?

Breed: Australian Cattle Do
I'm wanting to breed my female Blue Heeler. She was last in heat at the beginning of Jan. When will she come in heat again? Is there anything I can do to help her cycle again? What tests can my vet give her to test for her being in heat?

Most dogs will go into heat every 6 months but it can vary.

Once you see some bleeding your vet can do a vaginal cytology to determine which days are the most fertile for her. Or they can also do progesterone testing which will help you to know which days are best for breeding.

Pathology report for mammary tumor. Shelby recently had her mammary gland removed as she had multiple tumors. This... (11978 views)

Sheltie is afraid of people. I have a one year old female Sheltie. she is very nervous around people. She was... (17824 views)

Swelling on dog's face. Hi the right side of my 6 year old boxer boy's face has swelled up - looks like he... (58648 views)

High ALP in a pug. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a 7yr old female Pug. She was getting "pyoderma" every few... (36981 views)

Can dogs get colds? Lady is currently still at a pet store but she is a sweet puppy and we've had our... (9919 views)

Strange cat behavior. I've looked a bit online and have not quite found everything my cat is doing. I have... (82890 views)

Cat with coccidia My vet did a fecal exam on my cat today and said there was coccidia there, but she... (9616 views)

Chihuahua has back problem. Hi! One of my four chihuahuas, Ginger, has been having a back problem for a while... (13263 views)

Reversing neuter surgery. I made a mistake by neutering him, and i really want to breed him and i was... (27740 views)

Boxer bleeding from mouth. Hello my dog has just started bleeding from his mouth its not alot alot but it is... (71702 views)