How often for heat?

Breed: Australian Cattle Do
I'm wanting to breed my female Blue Heeler. She was last in heat at the beginning of Jan. When will she come in heat again? Is there anything I can do to help her cycle again? What tests can my vet give her to test for her being in heat?

Most dogs will go into heat every 6 months but it can vary.

Once you see some bleeding your vet can do a vaginal cytology to determine which days are the most fertile for her. Or they can also do progesterone testing which will help you to know which days are best for breeding.

Dog drinking less water. Over the past week, my dog has been drinking less water than usual. She usually... (14199 views)

Normal to cry when put to sleep? Two weeks ago I put my 18 and three quarter year old dog Bertie to sleep. He would... (17738 views)

Lethargic dog. The last 3 days, Duke has become very lethargic, laying around and just sleeping. ... (28690 views)

Hamster cough. Do hamsters have to have a special treatment when they have got a... (9478 views)

Why did 15 year old dog die? Hello, My dog was 15 years old and she just recently died last thursday. My mother... (14555 views)

Draining fluid for heart failure. My dog has Congestive Heart Failure. He is under the care of a veterinarian and... (16223 views)

Dog chewing feet. I was told that if your irishwolfhound chew his back paws this means a heart... (9760 views)

UTI and straining. I have a feral cat that hangs around my workplace. I have had him neutered. He also... (12394 views)

Is this distemper? I live in Mexico and I rescued Trinket when she was 8 to 10 weeks old. She had... (8458 views)

Coughing. Antifungals. My seven year old, male Lab cross, Nero, has a strange condition that I have not... (7131 views)