How often for heat?

Breed: Australian Cattle Do
I'm wanting to breed my female Blue Heeler. She was last in heat at the beginning of Jan. When will she come in heat again? Is there anything I can do to help her cycle again? What tests can my vet give her to test for her being in heat?

Most dogs will go into heat every 6 months but it can vary.

Once you see some bleeding your vet can do a vaginal cytology to determine which days are the most fertile for her. Or they can also do progesterone testing which will help you to know which days are best for breeding.

Extreme chattering. Hello my senior dog/male neutered/mutt (not sure how old..in the teens) has a... (18114 views)

Possible seizures? Our cat, Teddy, started having episodes of rigid front legs, swaying, and staggering... (8480 views)

Cyst or cancer? About a year ago, Bella started limping occasionally. When I inspected her leg, I... (6483 views)

Wheezing dog. My dog wheezes just after going on a walk with me and then proceeds to act sick or... (8248 views)

Possible cherry eye? My dog has red bags coming up from under his lower eye lids and covering half his... (8122 views)

Bleeding cat? my cat (female and she has has been neutered)appears to be dropping a red liquid in... (11404 views)

Spay 7 year old dog? Shadow my "daughter" is 7 years old. She is NOT spayed. Recently, I noticed a... (19286 views)

Paralyzed back legs. about a day ago,my dog stop using his bottom part of is body,like she paralyzed,and... (12331 views)

Safe fruits and vegetables for dogs. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a young cat who likes to eat certain fruit and vegetables,... (25312 views)

Milk coming out nose. Hi my dog has just had pups 5 weeks ago an since day one, one of the puppies has... (27328 views)