How often for heat?

Breed: Australian Cattle Do
I'm wanting to breed my female Blue Heeler. She was last in heat at the beginning of Jan. When will she come in heat again? Is there anything I can do to help her cycle again? What tests can my vet give her to test for her being in heat?

Most dogs will go into heat every 6 months but it can vary.

Once you see some bleeding your vet can do a vaginal cytology to determine which days are the most fertile for her. Or they can also do progesterone testing which will help you to know which days are best for breeding.

Sniffling, sneezing cat. For the past two days our cat has been constantly sniffling and sneezing and has... (61023 views)

Cat with bump on skin. My 5 year old cat has a small bump on the back of his neck. It moves with the skin... (13663 views)

Ketoconazole for dogs. How safe is it to give my dog ketoconazole 200 mg tab fur a fungal infection? The... (29370 views)

Frontline and Sentry? My husband put sentry flea and tick squeeze on our dog 2 days ago,and it didn;t work... (11223 views)

Vomiting and elevated liver enzymes. Hi Dr. Marie, I don't know the appropriate name for my dog's breed, but I have... (29811 views)

See the vet for dog bite? Daisy was bitten my my other dog in 2 places. It bled moderately and I gently bathed... (6056 views)

Crusty sores on cat. I noticed Robin had a sore that seemed infected under the right side of his chin. I... (33377 views)

Throwing up and diarrhea. My dog has been throwing up and has had diarrhea for a couple of days. She is able... (31950 views)

Hyperthyroidism and stress. My cat Harry, who is approximately 12 years old, was just diagnosed with... (10699 views)

Kittens have tapeworm. Hello, About 4-5 weeks ago I adopted 2 12 week old kittens. They are littermates... (38463 views)