How often for heat?

Breed: Australian Cattle Do
I'm wanting to breed my female Blue Heeler. She was last in heat at the beginning of Jan. When will she come in heat again? Is there anything I can do to help her cycle again? What tests can my vet give her to test for her being in heat?

Most dogs will go into heat every 6 months but it can vary.

Once you see some bleeding your vet can do a vaginal cytology to determine which days are the most fertile for her. Or they can also do progesterone testing which will help you to know which days are best for breeding.

Non itchy bald spots. She has 3 bald spots on her head and 2-3 more around her body. Took her to the vet... (17283 views)

Dog is shaking I can't afford to bring my dog to the vet. I would like to know my dog has a lack of... (88825 views)

Sick 4 week old puppies. i have 5 chihuahua puppies of 4 weeks, and last night one of the pup's started... (20989 views)

Blood in urine after bladder surgery Hello again Dr. Marie. My dog had bladder surgery on Monday. To make a long story... (21821 views)

Is my hamster dead? My hamster isn't moving like he used too. His eyes are always opened and he isn't... (16394 views)

Seizure episode. he just had a sesiure like episode where he was walking with me and just kinda... (7845 views)

Liver shunt surgery. Recently I found out that the kitten I adopted a few months ago has a Portosystemic... (9245 views)

White blisters in cat's ears. My cat has a number of small white "blisters" on her ears. She repeatedly scratches... (9305 views)

Infection after cherry eye surgery? Chewy had successful cherry eye surgery about 3 months ago. Vet has closed. I... (18105 views)

Licking feet. My cat has suddenly been licking her back paws consistently and thumping them... (11427 views)