Honey for a wound.

Breed: Paint
Whats your opinion on using raw honey to treat and heal my geldings staph abcesses after theyve drained. Ive been squirting raw honey in his drain holes and no anitibiotic ointments. The vet who came out and lanced the boil told me to use it but i call other vet and they went crazy at the idea and said bacteria thrive in honey and no way to use it. Im finding its ok. Please advise. Im lost and hes abcessing again after treating w inj antibiotics just two months ago. Help!! Thanks. Dina

Honey is actually a great treatment for wounds. I will commonly use either honey or sugar in combo with antibiotics in order to help heal up a large wound.

Granted, I treat only cats and dogs and pocket pets so I can't say for sure if this is an acceptable treatment in a horse. If the wound is abscessing again though he's likely going to need more vet care.

Pomeranian in pain. I have a 4 year old pom. All of a sudden, 3 weeks ago he started having abdominal... (18072 views)

Bump on dog's ear. I noticed that the flap of my dog's ear has this pimple like bump on it. you can't... (22275 views)

Dog's penis is stuck out of sheath. Hi, Ive noticed my 7 month male yorkie has started to lick himself a lot "down... (108085 views)

Dog ate chicken bones. PLese help me! My 8 year old American Golden just ate cooked chicken bones! What... (147770 views)

Questions about Feliway. Am interested in buying Feliway for scratching but need to know the ingredients.... (21433 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea in pregnancy. My dog has had 1 or 2 ties and it's been about a week now and she's starting to have... (8999 views)

Ear infection. last year my dog came home with an infection after being groomed. she has been on 4... (22490 views)

Red spots under arms and legs. my dog has red spots under her arms and now on her legs what could it be... (15149 views)

Backward sneezing and drooling. Firstly I am doing this om my iPhone . I can get email but can not send so please... (21104 views)

Third eyelids in cats. my cat having an eye problem...her eye close half by some kind of white thing...i... (77088 views)