Rash on Daschund

Breed: mix of dachsund, bea
My dog has a very red rash on her lower abdominal area and vaginal area. She bites and itches it a lot. There are red bumps and swelling of her nipples. The rash is now spreading to her nose as she's licked and scratched it so much. She seems tired and has low energy. Don't know what it is. Planning on bathing her and giving her natural skin remedies to abate the itching and swelling.

This sounds like it could be a bacterial skin infection. If this is the case then she's going to need several weeks of antibiotics prescribed by your veterinarian.

Hopefully she can get to see her vet soon. The longer we wait, the harder it will be to get the infection cleared up!

Cancer or infection? My dog recently completed radiation therapy for a brain tumor and he handled the... (5465 views)

Cat vomits after eating wet food. My cat has been doing this strange thing, but only after she eats wet food. It... (12173 views)

Beagle has lots of problems. I found my Beagle Lucky as a stray almost a year ago, he is around 4 years old. I... (6773 views)

Older dog - bloody diarrhea. My dog is a 12 1/2 yr old cocker spaniel/golden retriever mix. She's had diarrhea... (38216 views)

Abscess on dog's neck. We have been keeping an eye on a hard lump on my boxers upper neck, by ear. It... (40622 views)

Infection after cherry eye surgery? Chewy had successful cherry eye surgery about 3 months ago. Vet has closed. I... (14905 views)

Eyes rolled back in head. About 3 months ago, Bruce's eyes rolled back in his head and become very blood shot.... (43565 views)

Blind, deaf and no sense of smell. Jack was diagnosed as hyperthyroid in February and has been on methimazole since... (6926 views)

Pea sized lump. Hi Dr. This morning I noticed a pea-sized lump on one of Max's ribs on the left... (58089 views)

Guinea Pig losing hair. My guinea pig is 10 weeks and he's lost hair at the rear of his back. It looks a... (11331 views)