Rash on Daschund

Breed: mix of dachsund, bea
My dog has a very red rash on her lower abdominal area and vaginal area. She bites and itches it a lot. There are red bumps and swelling of her nipples. The rash is now spreading to her nose as she's licked and scratched it so much. She seems tired and has low energy. Don't know what it is. Planning on bathing her and giving her natural skin remedies to abate the itching and swelling.

This sounds like it could be a bacterial skin infection. If this is the case then she's going to need several weeks of antibiotics prescribed by your veterinarian.

Hopefully she can get to see her vet soon. The longer we wait, the harder it will be to get the infection cleared up!

Sore shoulder. My cat just came home yesterday with a mild limp (indoor-outdoor cat)He whines a... (17316 views)

Brittle nails in a dog. My dog's nails seem to be chipping off and bleeding. He's not biting them. What is... (20178 views)

Pooping in the house. Hi Ipurchased a dog from a pet rescue organisation in Sydney just over three months... (16325 views)

Is this rabies? My dog is going crazy. He's been shaking and walking somewhere and walking back for... (8087 views)

2 week old puppy won't nurse. 2 week puppy stopped eating from its mother. we are feeding him with a syringe with... (16843 views)

Sudden death in a dog after swimming. My dog was swimming in the lake for 1-2 mins, she came out, then ran around suddenly... (12844 views)

Hind end pain in beagle. I'm wondering if we need a set of fresh eyes about this ongoing situation, perhaps a... (22264 views)

Kitten won't get out of litter box. PLEASE HELP...MY RAGDOLL KITTEN 9 WKS OLD WONT GET OUT OF THE LITTERBOX HARDLY AT... (10904 views)

Poop is sometimes solid, sometimes soft. Hi Dr Marie, I'm not sure if this is even an issue. Max poops first thing in... (125687 views)

Normal to cry when put to sleep? Two weeks ago I put my 18 and three quarter year old dog Bertie to sleep. He would... (19874 views)