Rash on Daschund

Breed: mix of dachsund, bea
My dog has a very red rash on her lower abdominal area and vaginal area. She bites and itches it a lot. There are red bumps and swelling of her nipples. The rash is now spreading to her nose as she's licked and scratched it so much. She seems tired and has low energy. Don't know what it is. Planning on bathing her and giving her natural skin remedies to abate the itching and swelling.

This sounds like it could be a bacterial skin infection. If this is the case then she's going to need several weeks of antibiotics prescribed by your veterinarian.

Hopefully she can get to see her vet soon. The longer we wait, the harder it will be to get the infection cleared up!

Dog with swollen face. our dog woke up with a swollen face. i think that something might have bitten him. ... (13089 views)

Should I have euthanized? We put my dog Kyra to sleep yesterday and I am struggling with the decision. Here... (9839 views)

Megacolon cat with problems. Addie was diagnosed with megacolon at age 2. The vet prescribed medications - I... (9927 views)

Dog scared of people. Hi My dog is very scared of people. she is a year old and has been scared of new... (11981 views)

Ketoconazole for dogs. How safe is it to give my dog ketoconazole 200 mg tab fur a fungal infection? The... (28946 views)

Food allergy? My pug will be eight in a few months. A few months ago, he started scratching alot.... (8777 views)

19 year old cat died. My 19 yo childhood cat died this morning and my parents, who aren't the sort of... (9154 views)

Anal sac abscess. my dogs butt is very pouched out and red and leaking pus what can i do for my little... (14519 views)

Mycoplasma in rats. Hi, my name is Ann and I have two rats, Pinky and Roc. Unfortunately, one has... (12025 views)

Peeing outside of box. Hi Dr Marie, My Cat Nikki is 21 yrs old......he was shot in the mouth when he was... (10370 views)