Rash on Daschund

Breed: mix of dachsund, bea
My dog has a very red rash on her lower abdominal area and vaginal area. She bites and itches it a lot. There are red bumps and swelling of her nipples. The rash is now spreading to her nose as she's licked and scratched it so much. She seems tired and has low energy. Don't know what it is. Planning on bathing her and giving her natural skin remedies to abate the itching and swelling.

This sounds like it could be a bacterial skin infection. If this is the case then she's going to need several weeks of antibiotics prescribed by your veterinarian.

Hopefully she can get to see her vet soon. The longer we wait, the harder it will be to get the infection cleared up!

Brown bugs on my dog. I got a new dog, a crossbreed of Pomeranian and Chihuahua, and I discovered... (11924 views)

White vaginal discharge. Dr. Marie, My female unspayed GSD 4yrs old has a milky like discharge from her... (21047 views)

Older dog acting strange. I have had Dakota since he was 3 months old and he will be 12 in January. The... (13587 views)

Grade 2 mast cell tumor. Hi, I want to adopt a 9yr old female Golden Retrever from this breeder. The breeder... (17119 views)

Is pinkeye contagious to pets? My husband just contracted pink eye. Is it possible for him to spread it to our dog... (32387 views)

Should dog have a liver biopsy? My dog, Zora, was adopted from a rescue group in CA so we don't know much about her... (13502 views)

Grove snail care. Dear Dr. Marie, Hi. My snail has been burying himself lately, so whenever I want... (15757 views)

Sick Yorkie Buddy has been acting sick for about a week, being lethargic and unresponsive,... (7879 views)

URTI in diabetic cat. Buster is a 14 year old male who weighs 16 pounds. He has had diabetes for 2-1/2... (15395 views)

Tumor in belly. I recently discovered my 13 year old cat has a probably cancerous mass growing in... (9530 views)