Rash on Daschund

Breed: mix of dachsund, bea
My dog has a very red rash on her lower abdominal area and vaginal area. She bites and itches it a lot. There are red bumps and swelling of her nipples. The rash is now spreading to her nose as she's licked and scratched it so much. She seems tired and has low energy. Don't know what it is. Planning on bathing her and giving her natural skin remedies to abate the itching and swelling.

This sounds like it could be a bacterial skin infection. If this is the case then she's going to need several weeks of antibiotics prescribed by your veterinarian.

Hopefully she can get to see her vet soon. The longer we wait, the harder it will be to get the infection cleared up!

Euthanasia question. Sad day! I had to put my beloved Angel to sleep. Still unnerved by what happened. ... (5381 views)

Lethargic cat My cat has been lethargic for a couple days. Noticed yesterday afternoon. She... (17224 views)

Small pink lump on back. My dog has had a small light pink lump on his back for a little while now. I have... (11443 views)

Summer shaving? Is it ok to shave my dogs coat in the summer? will that help to make him... (9194 views)

Orange urine in a dog. I have had Moe for two years. He is 17 years old now according to the vet. He... (8106 views)

Draining fluid for heart failure. My dog has Congestive Heart Failure. He is under the care of a veterinarian and... (17322 views)

Restraint of dogs. Hi, I am currently filling out a university application for vet science at the... (8158 views)

Cat's stomach making noises My cat's stomach has been making noises today including gurgling and rumbling. This... (192835 views)

Old dog with mammary lump Gizmo, our shihtzu is naturally slowing due to age- her hearing is gone - her sight... (10152 views)

Cat puts her paw on my face. Why does my cat Bruski always put her paw on my face when shes sleeping shell keep... (24374 views)