lump on spay incision

Breed: Golden Retriever
Hello Dr. Marie,
Gracie was spayed 5 days ago. Her incision looks wonderful except at one end she developed a boil blister type thing that came to a head a popped and bled a little. She had suture reaction last time she had sutures for a cut and it looks exactly the same. It is very small not even as big as a pencil eraser. I was just wondering if I need to take her in to get oral antibiotics or if I should just watch it or what. She can't get to it to lick it at all. It does not seem painful when i wiped it off and put a little neosporin on it. I just worry about every little thing with my baby.
Thanks for your time,
Lisa

P.s. She was spayed with a laser if that makes a difference, and the vet said she was just beginning heat (which I hadn't realized, there were no external signs)

I think I know exactly what you are tlking about. If I see a little bubble at the end of an incision it is usually a reaction to the knot at the end of the suture line. This is usually nothing to get worried about.

If there was an infection you would be seeing that the incision is red and very sore.

If she is doing well it is likely ok to keep an eye on things. If it's getting bothersome or if she loses her appetite or if your gut just tells you someting is wrong then I'd have her seen.

Well the bubble itself is very red but the rest of the incision looks wonderful. She is doing very well (too well) she tries to be active.It is right by the knot at the end od the suture line.
Lisa

Yes, this definitely sounds like a little suture knot reaction. You may find that the bubble bursts open. If so, just clean it a few times a day with a warm wet cloth. There's no need for neosporin - it won't do much.

If it bursts open and you are seeing a yellow or green discharge then I would take her in to be seen.

Well I've been cleaning it but when I just looked at it there was some pus oozing out. And it does look a little larger and redder. Is this an emergency or can I wait to take her in until tomorrow?
Thanks Lisa

Hi Lisa. Oh, it does sound like it could be infected. But, it definitely doesn't sound like an emergency. Keep wiping it as necessary and have your vet take a look tomorrow.

Do cats taste sweet? Dr. Marie, This is really more of a general question than a question about my pet... (21012 views)

Puppy vomited and became unresponsive. My puppy violet was out on her walk this afternoon and she started dry reaching and... (8107 views)

Xray for hip dysplasia? Hi Dr, I was just wondering as a rule whether I should have Max x-rayed to check... (5666 views)

Red spot near vulva. My six-year-old spayed, lab mix has a small red area near her vulva. She bites and... (22296 views)

Scratching ears and shaking head. We just started a road trip and my Isis has started scratching her ears and shaking... (7413 views)

Dog licks my nose. Hi, Luci was diagnosed with Lymphoma and also had 3 Mast Cell tumors removed back... (44578 views)

Lump with hole and something moving in it. Hi, i just got a new kitten 3 days ago, this morning i woke up and picked her up and... (12733 views)

Cat not eating since new kitten arrived. My cat's behavior has changed quite a bit and won't eat. I will explain when he... (19645 views)

Meds safe for small dog? Good evening! I recently adopted a toy poodle. She is currently 4 months old (DOB... (7101 views)

Pug died suddenly. My 8 year old female pug just died. My husband came home from work and she had... (23890 views)