lump on spay incision

Breed: Golden Retriever
Hello Dr. Marie,
Gracie was spayed 5 days ago. Her incision looks wonderful except at one end she developed a boil blister type thing that came to a head a popped and bled a little. She had suture reaction last time she had sutures for a cut and it looks exactly the same. It is very small not even as big as a pencil eraser. I was just wondering if I need to take her in to get oral antibiotics or if I should just watch it or what. She can't get to it to lick it at all. It does not seem painful when i wiped it off and put a little neosporin on it. I just worry about every little thing with my baby.
Thanks for your time,
Lisa

P.s. She was spayed with a laser if that makes a difference, and the vet said she was just beginning heat (which I hadn't realized, there were no external signs)

I think I know exactly what you are tlking about. If I see a little bubble at the end of an incision it is usually a reaction to the knot at the end of the suture line. This is usually nothing to get worried about.

If there was an infection you would be seeing that the incision is red and very sore.

If she is doing well it is likely ok to keep an eye on things. If it's getting bothersome or if she loses her appetite or if your gut just tells you someting is wrong then I'd have her seen.

Well the bubble itself is very red but the rest of the incision looks wonderful. She is doing very well (too well) she tries to be active.It is right by the knot at the end od the suture line.
Lisa

Yes, this definitely sounds like a little suture knot reaction. You may find that the bubble bursts open. If so, just clean it a few times a day with a warm wet cloth. There's no need for neosporin - it won't do much.

If it bursts open and you are seeing a yellow or green discharge then I would take her in to be seen.

Well I've been cleaning it but when I just looked at it there was some pus oozing out. And it does look a little larger and redder. Is this an emergency or can I wait to take her in until tomorrow?
Thanks Lisa

Hi Lisa. Oh, it does sound like it could be infected. But, it definitely doesn't sound like an emergency. Keep wiping it as necessary and have your vet take a look tomorrow.

Drinking a lot and collapse. My boxer, Tank, has recently began drinking water excessively and then pees all over... (21368 views)

Eye medicine for my cat. We adopted A domestic short haired cat from our local animal shelter. He had an eye... (8567 views)

Staffordshire terriers and children. I have two female staffies who are extremely close, but who will nip and snarl at... (7166 views)

Puppy has diarrhea. Hi Dr. Marie. We just got a puppy and she has some diarrhea. We got her on Saturday... (26493 views)

Clear discharge from dog's nose. Hello, My 3 year old Golden Retriever has been blowing her nose--exactly how... (21394 views)

Is it time to put her down? My dog has degenerative myelopathy and is having trouble getting up, moving around... (24358 views)

Yorkie not eating much food. My yorkie-poo rarely eats. He is currently eating instinct. He eats about 1/2 cup... (6217 views)

Big belly in stray cat. Hello, One day a stray cat showed up at our Home, We could tell she was expecting.... (23100 views)

Dehydrated and trouble breathing. I found my cat yesterday just lying on the ground, he can't lift his head, yesterday... (8103 views)

Tumor behind eye. hi dr marie,enjoy your website and read all the dog related problems! my girl... (9961 views)