lump on spay incision

Breed: Golden Retriever
Hello Dr. Marie,
Gracie was spayed 5 days ago. Her incision looks wonderful except at one end she developed a boil blister type thing that came to a head a popped and bled a little. She had suture reaction last time she had sutures for a cut and it looks exactly the same. It is very small not even as big as a pencil eraser. I was just wondering if I need to take her in to get oral antibiotics or if I should just watch it or what. She can't get to it to lick it at all. It does not seem painful when i wiped it off and put a little neosporin on it. I just worry about every little thing with my baby.
Thanks for your time,
Lisa

P.s. She was spayed with a laser if that makes a difference, and the vet said she was just beginning heat (which I hadn't realized, there were no external signs)

I think I know exactly what you are tlking about. If I see a little bubble at the end of an incision it is usually a reaction to the knot at the end of the suture line. This is usually nothing to get worried about.

If there was an infection you would be seeing that the incision is red and very sore.

If she is doing well it is likely ok to keep an eye on things. If it's getting bothersome or if she loses her appetite or if your gut just tells you someting is wrong then I'd have her seen.

Well the bubble itself is very red but the rest of the incision looks wonderful. She is doing very well (too well) she tries to be active.It is right by the knot at the end od the suture line.
Lisa

Yes, this definitely sounds like a little suture knot reaction. You may find that the bubble bursts open. If so, just clean it a few times a day with a warm wet cloth. There's no need for neosporin - it won't do much.

If it bursts open and you are seeing a yellow or green discharge then I would take her in to be seen.

Well I've been cleaning it but when I just looked at it there was some pus oozing out. And it does look a little larger and redder. Is this an emergency or can I wait to take her in until tomorrow?
Thanks Lisa

Hi Lisa. Oh, it does sound like it could be infected. But, it definitely doesn't sound like an emergency. Keep wiping it as necessary and have your vet take a look tomorrow.

Kitten nursing on my neck. why does my 8 to 10 month old kitty keep trying to suckle at my neck. He will not... (20712 views)

Sugar is second ingredient. I ordered dog food online two days ago and just now realized the second ingredient... (5816 views)

Red spots My dog has been developed having red spot (lots of round and red spot with hair loss... (40155 views)

Cat with bone cancer. When I came home on 4th of JUly Toesy (inside cat)was limping and not using front... (14560 views)

Vomiting 3 times per day. My dog is vomiting about 3x per day. She seems to be happy and wants to eat a... (23021 views)

Diabetic cat problems. ivay is a diabetic last blood test 3 weeks ago was 21 he has gained 5 lbs since jan... (6580 views)

Cat with coccidia My vet did a fecal exam on my cat today and said there was coccidia there, but she... (9089 views)

Allergy treatment. I know Memphis has allergies. Within the last month he has started itching his eyes.... (9703 views)

Dog can't stand. Vera is unable to stand on her back legs. She also cannot climb on to sofas or... (12066 views)

Anal gland problems. Hello. I am a veterinary assistant and I am having an issue with my Cane Corso's... (10234 views)