lump on spay incision

Breed: Golden Retriever
Hello Dr. Marie,
Gracie was spayed 5 days ago. Her incision looks wonderful except at one end she developed a boil blister type thing that came to a head a popped and bled a little. She had suture reaction last time she had sutures for a cut and it looks exactly the same. It is very small not even as big as a pencil eraser. I was just wondering if I need to take her in to get oral antibiotics or if I should just watch it or what. She can't get to it to lick it at all. It does not seem painful when i wiped it off and put a little neosporin on it. I just worry about every little thing with my baby.
Thanks for your time,
Lisa

P.s. She was spayed with a laser if that makes a difference, and the vet said she was just beginning heat (which I hadn't realized, there were no external signs)

I think I know exactly what you are tlking about. If I see a little bubble at the end of an incision it is usually a reaction to the knot at the end of the suture line. This is usually nothing to get worried about.

If there was an infection you would be seeing that the incision is red and very sore.

If she is doing well it is likely ok to keep an eye on things. If it's getting bothersome or if she loses her appetite or if your gut just tells you someting is wrong then I'd have her seen.

Well the bubble itself is very red but the rest of the incision looks wonderful. She is doing very well (too well) she tries to be active.It is right by the knot at the end od the suture line.
Lisa

Yes, this definitely sounds like a little suture knot reaction. You may find that the bubble bursts open. If so, just clean it a few times a day with a warm wet cloth. There's no need for neosporin - it won't do much.

If it bursts open and you are seeing a yellow or green discharge then I would take her in to be seen.

Well I've been cleaning it but when I just looked at it there was some pus oozing out. And it does look a little larger and redder. Is this an emergency or can I wait to take her in until tomorrow?
Thanks Lisa

Hi Lisa. Oh, it does sound like it could be infected. But, it definitely doesn't sound like an emergency. Keep wiping it as necessary and have your vet take a look tomorrow.

Bump near anus. My dog has what looks like a pimple or maybe an ingrown hair? It's not white like a... (41567 views)

Does Pet Calm Work? Dr. Marie My Bobbie has serious trembling normally during the evning and night.... (15074 views)

Vomiting, quiet cat. My 5 year old cat starting vomiting on Sunday - a few times and then vomited clear... (17007 views)

hamster brain damage from chewing Hi, my 18 month old hamster started to bite her cage several months ago. i have... (14946 views)

Dog doesn't drink much and burps. We recently adopted our boxer mix from a vet and she appears to be in very good... (22948 views)

Guinea pig losing teeth. its mouth is sore and can only chew mashed up food its loosing his teeth to its not... (10095 views)

Kitten with diarrhea. My cat is being lethargic her poop is runny she isnt eating much or drinking much... (7711 views)

Uncomfortable cocker spaniel My 7 1/2 year old cocker spaniel came in from a walk last night with a stomach that... (44719 views)

Cat losing weight. My cat is only about 2 years, she is female. She recently got sick, she started off... (11012 views)

Conjunctivitis zoonotic? My dog has conjunctivitis, which he is being treated for and my friends daughter who... (14936 views)