Head Tilt.

Breed: collie rottweiller c
My dog carries his head to one side. Do you think he could have an ear infection or something else? I've looked inside his ear and can't see anything.

This is a tough question to answer without seeing Max's ear. However I can give you some of my thoughts.

Usually if there is an ear infection we will see that the ear is red as compared to the other ear. It should also have brown or yellow debris and be quite sore. If you are not seeing these things then a regular ear infection is not as likely.

It is possible that he has an inner ear infection. Usually if this is the case the dog will be not his normal self (possibly off food, lethargic, etc.).

In older dogs we can sometimes have a stroke-like episode called vestibular disease which can cause a head tilt. This would be unusual in a dog of his age though.

A tumor in the brain could cause a head tilt, but again this would be uncommon in a young dog.

If he is bright and alert and eating well it's probably ok to keep an eye on him for now. But, if he is not well or if this problem has been going on for a while then a vet visit is a good idea.

Vomiting and diarrhea. Is my dog dying? My dog vomitted yesterday, then she had a very loose stool in my kitchen. She never... (32399 views)

Cat is getting lazy. Not urgent. Snowy used to play with paper and bottle tops and whatever else he could... (11532 views)

Puppy knuckling on back legs. Hi I have a pug who is 5 months old, he was fine until about 2 week ago. He started... (7788 views)

Good appetite in blind deaf cat. my cat is over 15 years old she is partially blind and deaf she misses her litterbox... (7759 views)

Cushings and cataracts. Our Little Jack Russell is 15 years old. He is blind from cataracts. And now the vet... (13004 views)

Hind end pain in beagle. I'm wondering if we need a set of fresh eyes about this ongoing situation, perhaps a... (16753 views)

Puppy Strangles. litter of 12 puppies were born on April 13th and now 4 are showing signs of lumps... (7643 views)

Blood in urine. I have taken my dog to 2 vets, and had numerous tests. I noticed she was peeing... (4657 views)

Poodle with leg problems. My dog is a small size poodle. she is now 2 years old when she turned 1 she started... (7585 views)

Dog urinates while walking Recently, I have noticed that my dog will walk along urinating. It seems to me that... (33098 views)