Head Tilt.

Breed: collie rottweiller c
My dog carries his head to one side. Do you think he could have an ear infection or something else? I've looked inside his ear and can't see anything.

This is a tough question to answer without seeing Max's ear. However I can give you some of my thoughts.

Usually if there is an ear infection we will see that the ear is red as compared to the other ear. It should also have brown or yellow debris and be quite sore. If you are not seeing these things then a regular ear infection is not as likely.

It is possible that he has an inner ear infection. Usually if this is the case the dog will be not his normal self (possibly off food, lethargic, etc.).

In older dogs we can sometimes have a stroke-like episode called vestibular disease which can cause a head tilt. This would be unusual in a dog of his age though.

A tumor in the brain could cause a head tilt, but again this would be uncommon in a young dog.

If he is bright and alert and eating well it's probably ok to keep an eye on him for now. But, if he is not well or if this problem has been going on for a while then a vet visit is a good idea.

Patches of fur loss. My dog has small patches of fur coming out & he has a few bald spots around his neck... (10554 views)

Missing hamster teeth. My hamster completely lost her bottom teeth and i dont know what to do. i searched... (14088 views)

Dog ate grapes. Last night at 9PM I took my dog out for a walk. We were in our town and someone had... (40342 views)

Bengal Cat health questions. please could you read this topic Dr. Marie and answer to help this person? thank you... (9600 views)

Facial lymph nodes on a dog. My puppy has a lump under each eye. Almost like a gland. I have no clue, maybe tumor... (22399 views)

Not eating losing weight. Age: 13 months Weight: 8 1/2 pounds He was 9 pounds, but lost half a pound in May.... (4749 views)

Pit Bull died suddenly. My Female Pit bull is about a year and half to 2 years we got her from a neighbor... (13914 views)

Does my dog have mange? Hello Dr. Marie, I have a little 8 month old chihuahua. His name is chico and he has... (8390 views)

URTI in cats. Hi I have got 2 cats, Xena 1,6 years and Nemo, a kitten 12 weeks. When the Nemo... (12502 views)

Vomiting dog Hi Marie, Our dog is a 5 year old Lhasa male (entire).Which we bought to China with... (21720 views)