Head Tilt.

Breed: collie rottweiller c
My dog carries his head to one side. Do you think he could have an ear infection or something else? I've looked inside his ear and can't see anything.

This is a tough question to answer without seeing Max's ear. However I can give you some of my thoughts.

Usually if there is an ear infection we will see that the ear is red as compared to the other ear. It should also have brown or yellow debris and be quite sore. If you are not seeing these things then a regular ear infection is not as likely.

It is possible that he has an inner ear infection. Usually if this is the case the dog will be not his normal self (possibly off food, lethargic, etc.).

In older dogs we can sometimes have a stroke-like episode called vestibular disease which can cause a head tilt. This would be unusual in a dog of his age though.

A tumor in the brain could cause a head tilt, but again this would be uncommon in a young dog.

If he is bright and alert and eating well it's probably ok to keep an eye on him for now. But, if he is not well or if this problem has been going on for a while then a vet visit is a good idea.

Draining fluid for heart failure. My dog has Congestive Heart Failure. He is under the care of a veterinarian and... (23668 views)

congested kitten Hi,i recently took in a stray kitten & a few days ago she started coughing on &... (13396 views)

Kitten has a cold and is congested. the kitten was found in the backyard, cold and all alone. He has what appears to be... (14566 views)

How to get cat to lose weight. I have an overweight cat - we have gotten him down by three pounds but needs to lose... (10213 views)

Severe liver problems. I took Dillinger to vet on Friday, and after a blood test and urine analysis the vet... (9513 views)

Swollen paw in a cat. My year old cat's right paw is bloated , I tried to look more closely and the fur... (24147 views)

Dog has sore muscles. About 3 months ago, Ruby stopped jumping and running, she seems to be in pain when... (13021 views)

Rabbit not moving. this morning she was fine, now she is laying lifeless, her belly is flat like she... (8742 views)

My dog twisted her back. Dear Dr. Marie, Hope you are well. I was contacting you in hopes that you could... (39834 views)

Sore ears. 6 months ago my Scottish terrier came down with swelling and fluid on right side of... (8484 views)