Not eating or drinking and is painful.

Breed: dsh
My cat tink 3 yrs seems very poorly he hasn't eaten or drank for 2 days now is very depressed and growls if you try to move him.I took him to vet monday as soon as he seemed ill but she doesn't know what's wrong temp normal he hasn't vomited at all.took him bk today and she gave him a painkilling injec as she thought his abdomen was tender today.6 hrs later there is no improvement.she said he will have to go on a drip if no improvement.I am so worried I havnt slept this is so unusual for him he's usually so happy and crazy.please can you give your opinion on what is wrong.he is a regular hunter.I am so worried I think he will die in the night so I stay up but I am ill myself so its hard but he looks so bad. thanks 4 help

Oh dear. It sounds like he is really not feeling well. Any time a cat does not want to eat or drink there is something important going on.

Can you tell if Tink is urinating ok? A urinary tract blockage can be the cause of all of these symptoms. Most cats with a urinary tract blockage will be trying to urinate and maybe just producing a small amount of urine. Quite often they will be licking themselves between the legs as well.

If you think this could be what is happening then it is important that he is seen by the vet again immediately so that he can have a catheter placed in his urethra to help him urinate.

If there was no improvement at all after a painkiller injection then this makes me think that something like a muscle or a skeletal injury is much less likely.

If he is outdoors and possibly eating things he shouldn't then an intestinal obstruction is possible. Unfortunately though, if this is what it is and it is causing him to be this sick then there is not much that can be done short of intestinal surgery. If this is what the problem is and surgery is potentially an option for you then I would immediately have him see the vet again and perhaps have some xrays.

From what you have described it sounds like Tink really does need to be in the veterinary hospital now if that is a possibility for you.

I wish I could add more. I don't think that there is much that you can be doing for him at home.

I hope he is feeling better soon!

Male cat has large breasts. Recently (2-3 weeks), my 8 year old male tabby cat has, what seem to be, slightly... (18012 views)

Discharge from vulva. My cat Miss Fitzgibbons who is 3 years old has suddenly become quite weak. She is... (5942 views)

Is this a flea problem? My small 3 year old in door cat very recently survived a bout with flea anemia. We... (9066 views)

Contagious diarrhea? please bare with me as this is gonna be kind of long... about 2 weeks ago i had... (6557 views)

Cat is sleeping a lot. My cat has been sleeping a lot in the last two days. Want play. Will eat a little.... (8064 views)

Is ketoconazole safe? Hi. My 6 y/o Papillon has suffered fron skin problems his whole life. I've been told... (4255 views)

Factory Farms and CAFOS Hello my name is Alyssa. I am a senior at FD Roosevelt Senior High School. I am... (6128 views)

Stuffed up cat. I have a male cat named Tuna aged somewhere close to a year and a half. He is a... (10513 views)

Improper tail docking? I just acquired my puppy from a backyard breeder who I was told cut off the puppies... (7345 views)

Black spot on dog's nose. Hi my name is Joanne I noticed about a week ago my 8 year old lab had a small black... (22482 views)