Not eating or drinking and is painful.

Breed: dsh
My cat tink 3 yrs seems very poorly he hasn't eaten or drank for 2 days now is very depressed and growls if you try to move him.I took him to vet monday as soon as he seemed ill but she doesn't know what's wrong temp normal he hasn't vomited at all.took him bk today and she gave him a painkilling injec as she thought his abdomen was tender today.6 hrs later there is no improvement.she said he will have to go on a drip if no improvement.I am so worried I havnt slept this is so unusual for him he's usually so happy and crazy.please can you give your opinion on what is wrong.he is a regular hunter.I am so worried I think he will die in the night so I stay up but I am ill myself so its hard but he looks so bad. thanks 4 help

Oh dear. It sounds like he is really not feeling well. Any time a cat does not want to eat or drink there is something important going on.

Can you tell if Tink is urinating ok? A urinary tract blockage can be the cause of all of these symptoms. Most cats with a urinary tract blockage will be trying to urinate and maybe just producing a small amount of urine. Quite often they will be licking themselves between the legs as well.

If you think this could be what is happening then it is important that he is seen by the vet again immediately so that he can have a catheter placed in his urethra to help him urinate.

If there was no improvement at all after a painkiller injection then this makes me think that something like a muscle or a skeletal injury is much less likely.

If he is outdoors and possibly eating things he shouldn't then an intestinal obstruction is possible. Unfortunately though, if this is what it is and it is causing him to be this sick then there is not much that can be done short of intestinal surgery. If this is what the problem is and surgery is potentially an option for you then I would immediately have him see the vet again and perhaps have some xrays.

From what you have described it sounds like Tink really does need to be in the veterinary hospital now if that is a possibility for you.

I wish I could add more. I don't think that there is much that you can be doing for him at home.

I hope he is feeling better soon!

Gagging dog. Last night, my dog was in his crate for bed, when I heard him gag for the first... (103597 views)

Intranasal vaccine reaction. our kitten seams to have had a reaction to her nasal vacine it had been about four... (10766 views)

Pigmented spot on belly. Dr, Recall my 9 week old golden named Max... I noticed something today on his... (15798 views)

Low specific gravity. This is regarding a 9 year old male pitbull, neutered with no past medical history.... (9957 views)

Why did my puppy die? Hello, I'm in the UK and I hope you can give me some idea as to why my seemingly... (15076 views)

Charcoal briquette My Yorkie, male-6 pounds, was in the garden where my husband threw burn,... (45075 views)

What breed is my dog? Hello I Always Wanted To Know What Breed Or Type My Dog Is ? It's A Russian Small... (11370 views)

Rare form hepatitis. I got Sadie in January this year. She is a rescue. She's been sick since February.... (6616 views)

Dog losing weight. my king charles is losing weight, ive tried al different kinds of wet and dry food... (10591 views)

Limping kitten. I got a kitten on Monday. They said she is about 5 or 6 weeks old. For the first... (15439 views)