Teeth cleaning in cats.

Breed: Normal cat
How important is it to clean your cats teeth and how would I go about it?

My cat is 12 and has never had his teeth cleaned. I recently noticed, for the first time, that his back teeth look extremely unhygienic. They appear to be covered in a thick brown layer.

Almost every cat needs to have a thorough dental cleaning. While these cleanings need to be done with an anesthetic, the anesthetic is very healthy as long as your cat has no significant health problems.

Your vet will do blood work first to determine if there are any health issues.

They'll do a good thorough cleaning and if necessary remove any teeth that are severely diseased.

When to do shots? just wanted to know my dog got her parvovirus on 5/01/11 and her leptospirosis on... (7769 views)

Itchy dog. Hi Dr Marie, Recall my email a couple of weeks ago about Max and his... (7974 views)

Does Dawn Dishsoap kill fleas? Hi, I recently bought cat shampoo, and through research found that it was... (21862 views)

Gradual change of food? Hello, I reside in South Korea and I am the father of 3 cocker spaniels. Recently... (8413 views)

Possible silent heat. She went into heat last year in August for the first time. She has not gone into... (12935 views)

Cancer or pyometra? My lab who was quite healthy up and until August started to show a dulling coat and... (11739 views)

Eye medicine for my cat. We adopted A domestic short haired cat from our local animal shelter. He had an eye... (8829 views)

Wobbly lab. Hello - About 4 weeks ago, Koda started acting very stiff around his neck so we... (14265 views)

Roundworms. Cat has roundworms. bought otc piperzine for her. how long should it take to work?... (17349 views)

Cushing's and panting. I saw where you advised a person on dog breathing problems, that is could be... (39819 views)