Teeth cleaning in cats.

Breed: Normal cat
How important is it to clean your cats teeth and how would I go about it?

My cat is 12 and has never had his teeth cleaned. I recently noticed, for the first time, that his back teeth look extremely unhygienic. They appear to be covered in a thick brown layer.

Almost every cat needs to have a thorough dental cleaning. While these cleanings need to be done with an anesthetic, the anesthetic is very healthy as long as your cat has no significant health problems.

Your vet will do blood work first to determine if there are any health issues.

They'll do a good thorough cleaning and if necessary remove any teeth that are severely diseased.

Snapping noise in joints. Doctor, We have two labs (chocolate, and black). They love to run, fetch, play, and... (15480 views)

Puppy Strangles. litter of 12 puppies were born on April 13th and now 4 are showing signs of lumps... (9280 views)

Urinating in house. Our cat Alice was involved in a fight in the garden with another cat. SHe had a sore... (12427 views)

Vulva dermatitis. Good Morning Doctor: My 6 year old Golden(Honey) has an infection around her female... (28352 views)

Chemical castration of dogs. What would be the benefits of Zinc neutering using Zinc Gluconate offered by Ark... (16066 views)

Vita Calm in dogs? i was wondering if i could safly use vitacalm for hosres on my dog for his... (10168 views)

Peeing orange and losing weight. I have a village dog, I think he is dying, I don't know what to do. I always feed... (19601 views)

Skinny 19 year old cat. Hi my cat is 19 years old! He is a little skinny but perfectly healthy! I also have... (13234 views)

Lumps on dog's neck. My dog keeps getting small red lumps on his body especially over the back of his... (12765 views)

Seizures and not eating. Earlier in the week Cash had a pee/poop/vomit fest in the house, unusual for him. ... (9748 views)