Teeth cleaning in cats.

Breed: Normal cat
How important is it to clean your cats teeth and how would I go about it?

My cat is 12 and has never had his teeth cleaned. I recently noticed, for the first time, that his back teeth look extremely unhygienic. They appear to be covered in a thick brown layer.

Almost every cat needs to have a thorough dental cleaning. While these cleanings need to be done with an anesthetic, the anesthetic is very healthy as long as your cat has no significant health problems.

Your vet will do blood work first to determine if there are any health issues.

They'll do a good thorough cleaning and if necessary remove any teeth that are severely diseased.

Lentigo on a cat. Hi Dr. Marie... My 3.5 year old tortoiseshell cat has developed a black freckle... (26285 views)

Shih Tzu is getting old. Edward is 14 years old We have noticed a couple of issues with him lately. About... (33166 views)

Bumps over dog's body. My pug is having dry bumps on his body.. It's not paining him but yeah it's bit... (10779 views)

Is my Golden hypothryoid? We have tried every diet under the sun to get the last few kilo's off our doggie.... (10646 views)

Dog afraid of dogs and people. hello i have a 7 month old puppy and every time she comes into cintact with another... (10714 views)

Lump after vaccines. We took Max to the vet for shots. The vet gave them to him on his lower back and he... (37386 views)

Cat losing hair on neck and ears. My cat Bella is always throwing up hairballs. I also noticed that she has lost fur... (14783 views)

Dog ate food with onions. my dog ate cut up sausage but it had onion,will he get sick... (14040 views)

Guinea pig-Scab and itchy. my guinea pig is scratching a sore what is wrong with... (13314 views)

1 month puppy can't poop. She has been constipated for 3 days. We have put half tsp. olive oil in food, giving... (17179 views)