Teeth cleaning in cats.

Breed: Normal cat
How important is it to clean your cats teeth and how would I go about it?

My cat is 12 and has never had his teeth cleaned. I recently noticed, for the first time, that his back teeth look extremely unhygienic. They appear to be covered in a thick brown layer.

Almost every cat needs to have a thorough dental cleaning. While these cleanings need to be done with an anesthetic, the anesthetic is very healthy as long as your cat has no significant health problems.

Your vet will do blood work first to determine if there are any health issues.

They'll do a good thorough cleaning and if necessary remove any teeth that are severely diseased.

Dog won't pee in the yard. Our shiba Jesse has always peed and pooped in our fenced in backyard. We recently... (30011 views)

Calcification in the lungs. dog lung calcification Dear Dr.Mari, I hear some bad sounds whenever my dog... (6687 views)

Dog has split her nail. my dog has a toe nail that is split. it is causing her alot of pain. what do we do... (8124 views)

Did Orbax cause diarrhea? Hi Dr Marie, it's me again regarding Bandit, my 4 yr old DSH. I had e-mailed you... (9380 views)

Defecating out of her vagina. We found Clara abandoned next to our house a few days ago. Yesterday we found out... (8092 views)

Dental problems and weight loss. i think she has a bad tooth,lost of weight,not eating her regular food,gave her rice... (15886 views)

Sores around vulva. Hi Dr. Marie, I would like a second opinion on my dog's health issue. She is a 4... (58643 views)

How often is a dog in heat? My dog started her first heat yesterday. I know not to breed her now she is not... (4434 views)

Albendazole for dogs. Can I use Albendazole to deworm my puppy? I have something called Valbazen. Thank... (42118 views)

Staggering Rottweiler I have a nine month old female rottweiler mix. She is eating nutro max dog food. She... (9182 views)