Teeth cleaning in cats.

Breed: Normal cat
How important is it to clean your cats teeth and how would I go about it?

My cat is 12 and has never had his teeth cleaned. I recently noticed, for the first time, that his back teeth look extremely unhygienic. They appear to be covered in a thick brown layer.

Almost every cat needs to have a thorough dental cleaning. While these cleanings need to be done with an anesthetic, the anesthetic is very healthy as long as your cat has no significant health problems.

Your vet will do blood work first to determine if there are any health issues.

They'll do a good thorough cleaning and if necessary remove any teeth that are severely diseased.

Vomiting bile. My dog has been throwing up all day, and all though the night. The throw up is... (41436 views)

Sick cat after teeth cleaning. she had her teeth cleaned on march 1st...came home..she was woozy from... (14412 views)

Does parvo affect sperm? My dog, Moose, had Parvo Virus when he was eight months old. Yes, Moose got Parvo... (9574 views)

Puppy ich on skin. why does my puppy have white ich on his skin?Is there any cure to it?Is there any... (14591 views)

Crusty spots on hamsters. I recently got three baby dwarf hamsters from a friend. The smallest one Runt had a... (14282 views)

Shedding because of diet? My cat lives indoors, and he's got a shedding problem. I was wondering if he is... (9857 views)

Meowing all the time? pain? Hi Dr. Marie Our cat has a virus infection and is on medication, and an eye drops.... (7624 views)

ACTH Stim my dog went for acht testing on friday to look for addisons disease te vet isnt in... (8640 views)

Itchy cat. My cat is male, age 5 and generally very healthy. A while ago I noticed him biting... (7944 views)

Died after grooming. Hi, my puppy recently died and was wondering if you could help me, she had a trip to... (8733 views)