Alternative to fluid pills.

Breed: Chiuahuah mix
What can be done about getting rid of fluid in my dog other than fluid pills?

Sorry to hear that your dog is having fluid problems.

If your dog has fluid in the chest then the most common reason for this is heart disease. Your vet can determine if this is the cause. If there is fluid in the chest because of heart disease then most dogs do need a diuretic such as furosemide (lasix). Your vet will likely also prescribe a medication to help strengthen the heart.

If there is fluid in the abdomen then the treatment depends on the cause. While fluid pills can help reduce the fluid, there will be more produced until the cause is found. Unfortunately, most causes of fluid in the abdomen (or chest for that matter) are quite serious.

Euthanasia difficulties. Well, Kiggy passed away May 21, 2012 after a vet recommended euthanasia. She was 14... (10492 views)

Ivermectin toxicity? Help! I think that I am accidentally poisoning my boy 4 year old by giving him... (15779 views)

Baby shampoo for a cat? My cat accidentally got pee on himself after we had to take him somewhere in his... (16295 views)

Duck jerky making dogs sick? If chicken strips (jerky) might be a problem, what about duck? I have bags of both... (6695 views)

Cat is despondent. My cat is despondent. I don't think she's sick. I'll try anything to get some life... (6412 views)

Recipe for skunk odor. My cat got sprayed by a skunk. What do you recomend to get rid of the... (9786 views)

Wobbly cavalier during pregnancy. Hi, we have a female 3 year old cavalier king charles spaniel. she is 5 weeks... (9736 views)

Can a dog be born with rabies. does dog have rabbies when they were... (13691 views)

Cat with renal lymphoma. I have a 7 year old female cat who, over the course of the past six months,... (9454 views)

Straining to urinate. bella acts like she has to urinate all the time. when she squats very little comes... (8863 views)