Alternative to fluid pills.

Breed: Chiuahuah mix
What can be done about getting rid of fluid in my dog other than fluid pills?

Sorry to hear that your dog is having fluid problems.

If your dog has fluid in the chest then the most common reason for this is heart disease. Your vet can determine if this is the cause. If there is fluid in the chest because of heart disease then most dogs do need a diuretic such as furosemide (lasix). Your vet will likely also prescribe a medication to help strengthen the heart.

If there is fluid in the abdomen then the treatment depends on the cause. While fluid pills can help reduce the fluid, there will be more produced until the cause is found. Unfortunately, most causes of fluid in the abdomen (or chest for that matter) are quite serious.

Do cats taste sweet? Dr. Marie, This is really more of a general question than a question about my pet... (26508 views)

What kind of dog to get? My dog Toby died at the age of 14 2 moths ago.Me and my family r looking 4 a new... (9534 views)

Vomiting pregnant cat. hello dr.vet my cat was with a male 2 weeks ago yesterday she started to vomit 5... (8551 views)

Orange urine in a dog. I have had Moe for two years. He is 17 years old now according to the vet. He... (10262 views)

Frequent urination in puppy. Dr. Marie, We have a brand new 7 week old bullmastiff female, named June...I have... (30082 views)

Bald spots on cat's legs. I moved from Los Angeles to St.Louis with my cat. For a few months now I've noticed... (28848 views)

Cat puts her paw on my face. Why does my cat Bruski always put her paw on my face when shes sleeping shell keep... (27488 views)

Can cats transmit viruses to people hello.. i wanted to ask that my kitten is not vaccinated and she bites and scratches... (8859 views)

Sore leg in 16 year old cat. Hello We have a cat that is about 16 years old. The last couple of days she has... (7183 views)

Penis discharge in dog. Hello. My male Jack Russell dog is now 6-7 months old and lately, he has been... (101800 views)